March 25, 2020

It's Back! It's Back!

I don't know about you, but I find it to be very exciting news that Joyce @ From This Side of the Pond has decided to resurrect the Wednesday Hodgepodge! Welcome back to the meme world, Joyce. We have missed the Hodgepodge more than you know!


1. Howdy Hodgepodgers. It's kind of fun to be back, isn't it?  Last time we met was September, 2018. Tell me something big-important-happy-or sad that's happened in your life since that date. Just one thing. We don't know how long this current isolation situation is going to last and we might need to dole out our news bit by bit.  Our youngest granddaughter was born in July 2019! Lots of good things have happened since we last met for the Hodgepodge, but nothing tops that.




2. Might as well get this out of the way early on...COVID-19. On a scale of 1-5 how serious are you about keeping your distance? Explain. fyi-I didn't create the scale but have seen it several places online. Also fyi-we won't only have virus related questions each week, but for this first one it feels right.



1-Not at all, living normally
2-Cautious but still going out
3-Going out as needed, mostly home or working from home, still seeing friends/family
4-Extremely limited, only going out when unavoidable, minimal contact with people
5-Full lockdown, no one in or out

I'd say we were functioning at a 2 until last Friday when our governor shut down all non life-sustaining businesses. That bumped us to a 3 until until Monday afternoon when we learned that the governor was declaring manditory stay-at-home status for Pennsylvania's two largest cities and 7 counties. We aren't that far from one of the cities or the county it is in. (Our son's family is in that zone.) We figure it will be us next, anyway. Now we are living life at level 4. Our daughter and grandchildren still come and go between our house and theirs, which is right next door, about once a day. We are trying to limit even that a little, but our daughter has anxiety, depression and other issues...she isn't dealing with social distancing very well. 

3. Raise your hand if you think you might run out of steam in the cooking department before it's all said and done? What's something delicious you've cooked or eaten in your own kitchen in the past week?  I can guarantee I'm going to run out of steam when it comes to cooking, but I'm giving it a good try. I haven't done anything too exciting yet, but I did use a Pinterest recipe for oven-fried chicken the other day that was pretty good.

4. What's a television show or movie you've seen recently (it could be an oldie) that you really liked?  I just sat and watched Gomer Pyle, USMC last night. I haven't seen that in years. I used to love it as a kid. It's really dated, but still funny.

5. Share something funny you've seen or heard this week.  





6. Insert your own random thought here.  





And now to carry on my own Wednesday tradition, here are some Wednesday Giggles. This week's giggles are inspired by the things I see are keeping us busy on social media during these days at home.















36 comments:

  1. I too am excited that the Hodgepodge is back. Congratulations on the birth of your granddaughter. Gomer Pyle is a favorite here too. We like to watch the old shows. You don't have to hold the remote ready to mute or fast forward anything inappropriate.
    I am now craving homemade bread ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. And yes, I like that about the old shows, too.

      Delete
  2. We can't get flour or yeast to make the bread at home - too many selfish people hoarding, stockpiling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got a bag of flour back when people first started going crazy. I didn't need it at the time, but saw that there were only two bags other than whole wheat so I bought it. I haven't seen any flour in the stores, whole wheat or otherwise, since.

      Delete
  3. Congrats on the new granddaughter.

    This will all be over eventually

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, it will. I hope it's a sooner eventually rather than a later one.

      Delete
  4. Hi Stacy. Fun post. Glad you are staying in and staying well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Deb! I hope you are doing well. I saw there was another earthquake out there a few days ago.

      Delete
  5. Bahwaahahahaha on the Wednesday funnies, to which my husband finds it silly I laugh at everything now, hey, laughter is the best medicine.

    I am glad the HP is back, smiles. As always I enjoy your posts. smiles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I think most of my friends are like-minded. We all seem to be sharing an awful lot of those memes on Facebook to keep each other laughing.

      Delete
  6. Lots of smiles on your blog today. Thanks for the lift. And congratulations on the new grandbaby. So sweet and I love that you are able to see your family next door. Double blessings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It is nice to have them next door and be able to see them every day...especially when we don't see our son and his family all that often.

      Delete
  7. Love your giggles! Haven't seen Gomer Pyle in years. I used to love it though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gomer was one of favorite characters when I was a kid.

      Delete
  8. So happy you joined in today! I'm glad your daughter is nearby. My heart hurts for those who were already on the edge of depression or struggling with anxiety. Love the dinosaur meme : ) Stay well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am with you, Joyce. This isn't the easiest thing for anyone. I can't imagine having to face it already depressed or filled with anxiety.

      Delete
  9. Stacy, you started a new blog! What happened to My Cup Is Full? I haven't been blogging much the past month. I explained why in the random thought on my Hodgepodge. I return for the Hodgepodge and discover you at a whole new site! It's so pretty. Love the header.

    I am thankful for my anti-depressant. I got on it for depression, but I discovered it helps with anxiety too. If I wasn't on meds, I'm not sure I would be navigating these days well at all. I can certainly feel for your daughter.

    Yes, that little grandbaby tops all!

    Blessings,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Patti! I had to start a new one. One morning my laptop just refused to allow me to access the old one. I tried many fixes and none worked so I just started a new one. I was a bit irked at the time, but I've adapted.

      Delete
  10. Congratulations on your new granddaughter, enjoyed all your giggles, and thoughts,
    Blessings,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Stacy, Yep it's so good to visit hodgepodgers again. Congratulations on your sweet granddaughter. We added a grandson and I'll be sharing about him on a future podge. Lots to smile about on your post. I can see how it would be hard to distance yourself from next door neighbors who happen to be family! Stay safe and keep the Faith!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to hear about your grandson. All these grandbabies that have joined us while we've been away...

      Delete
  12. Congratulations on your Granddaughter and I'm glad you are able to support your daughter. We're missing ours terribly but we know we have to do the right thing and stay away. No choice now. Thanks for the laughs, we need them at this difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can imagine, Wendy. I am thankful everyday that at least half of my family is nearby.

      Delete
  13. I've not been on Pinterest in years, but now I'm feeling the urge to stroll the (cyber) aisles … and bake a loaf of bread. Props to all the clever folks who think of these memes and make us laugh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Visit Pintrest when you have a LOT of time!

      Delete
  14. Hi Stacy, I joined this too. Did Tuesday 4 too. I bet your daughter is happy you are there. Our daughter is staying with us on the week days and we keep the grands because she works. I miss seeing my other grands who are staying inside at their home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's got to be really nice for all of you that she and the kids can stay with you. I'm hoping this all ends fairly soon so we can all see our loved ones again.

      Delete
  15. Your good thing is truly a good thing. What a blessing is that adorable new grandbaby. I am also so glad your daughter is close especially at a time like this. Thanks for all the funnies today, and it is so good to be back together on the Hodgepodge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and it sure is good to be Hodgepodging again!

      Delete
  16. It is so fun having Hodgepodge back!! I enjoyed your answers and agree there is nothing better than the birth of an grandchild!! Share that oven-fried chicken recipe, please!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to see if I can find the recipe again.

      Delete
  17. Congratulations on your grandchild! What a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That dinosaur meme - funny!
    We're at a #4 too - I'm a little terrified of all this & want to steer clear. I need to go to the grocery & it gives me such anxiety, I keep putting it off

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOL...I have seen some of these memes on Facebook. Yes, isn't it fun that Joyce brought the Hodgepodge back? I enjoyed your answers. Gomer Pyle USMC was one of my dad's favorites back in the day! Stay safe and healthy as this too shall pass.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I keep thinking what I want to do when life gets back to normal is to go out with friends, and then I realize everyone will want to do that, and then there will be tons of people in close spaces.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment. Your comments mean a lot to me and I try to answer them as soon as I can.

Moving Day

Hey everyone, I launched my new blog home today. Nothing fancy...just a little more me, I hope. Come visit me! In My Shoes