May 31, 2020

Sunday Stealing: Conversation Starters

Welcome to Sunday Stealing. I'm linking up with Bev and the gang of "thieves" today.

Stolen from Two Drifters

1. What do you think is the greatest television show of all time?  Wow, that's as hard to answer as the questions about music. I don't think I can choose just one. How about 3? The Andy Griffith Show, M*A*S*H, and The Big Bang Theory.

2. Would you rather win a Nobel Prize or an Academy Award?  A Nobel Prize. I don't really value or care about the Academy Awards.

3. What one food would you banish from this earth if you could?  I'm sure there are things in other cultures that I'd find disgusting, but working with what I know...eggplant. Vile, nasty, slimy, purple thing pretending to be edible.

4. What’s the scariest story you’ve ever heard?  The Amityville Horror terrified me like nothing else ever has...and that includes Jaws.

5. Who is the most famous person you have ever met?  Probably Toby Keith or back in the 70's when the Steelers were a really big deal, several of the players who are now in the Hall of Fame. I shook hands with Bill Clinton, but didn't really meet him.

6. What’s something you’ve done that most people wouldn’t know or guess about you?  I earned a certificate in dental assisting.

7. You’re strapped in a rocket ship about to go to the moon. Are you thrilled? Or terrified?  Probably a whole lot of both.

8. What is the correct way for toilet paper to sit on the roll?  So that the paper rolls off the top.

9. Talk about a mistake you made, or something you regret.  I sort of regret not getting a degree. Not particularly the journalism degree that I was halfway to getting, but a degree in something.

10. What would be the best gift I could give you?  Friendship.

11. What makes you feel better when you’re sad or stressed?  Prayer, my grandchildren, and music.

12. What is the most romantic movie you’ve ever seen?  You know I'm going to say Dirty Dancing. I know there are others that are probably more romantic, but it's my favorite and there is just something about it I have always loved.

13. What is the worst date you’ve ever been on?  It was a blind date with a friend of my friend's boyfriend. They were cadets at the state police academy together. That conjures up a image of a certain kind of young man, doesn't it? Well, let's just say he wasn't that kind or anything close and leave it at that.

14. What is the glue that keeps couples together?  Commitment to the other person and hard work. I don't believe good relationships just happen.

15.  What was your first crush?  How about "who"? I think Roy Rogers was first and he was quickly followed by Donny Osmond.

16. When did your parents talk to you about the birds and the bees?  My dad never, ever would have done that. My mom wasn't much better. She got a book from the library when I was 9 or 10 and told me to read it. Afterward she asked if I had any questions. If I did, they weren't anything I wanted to voice so I didn't.

17. What is your greatest achievement?  Having raised my children to be decent, hard-working adults.

18. Were you close to your parents growing up?  Not particularly.

19. What was the most life-changing event you’ve ever experienced?  Accepting Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. That changed everything.

20. Have you ever had a falling out with a friend? What happened?  Yes. She died of a brain tumor at a very young age without us having ever made up.

17 comments:

  1. Dirty Dancing was a great movie.

    Now that you mention it, I think my mom gave me a book, too, after we went to the mother daughter night at school.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently our mothers' generation was not an open one even though they were the "free love" generation.

      Delete
  2. I enjoyed all of your answers.
    Sad about #20.
    Have a great Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and yes, #20 is one of my bigger regrets in life.

      Delete
  3. Eggplants - so American. We call them aubergines across the pond. And, yes, they are unpleasant.

    Dirty Dancing - dear oh dear.

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aubergines...sounds so much more civilized than eggplant.

      Delete
  4. Great answers! Guess I was trying to make some of these more difficult than was necessary -- and opted out. Unfortunately, my 'sex ed' consisted wholly of a movie while in junior high. Still recall them ushering all the boys into another classroom for separate viewing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! My school did that, too. They even covered all the windows with black construction paper so no one could look in and see what they shouldn't. Boy, have times changed.

      Delete
  5. roy rogers! a Man crush! I loved Adam from Bonanza when I was little...great list. Go get a degree now.
    LeeAnna at not afraid of color

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Little Joe from Bonanza was on my crush list somewhere along the way!

      Delete
  6. Yes to Dirty Dancing. I could add that to my list too! I had a crush on The Rifleman, Chuck Connors, way back in the day! Forgot about that! I enjoyed your answers, Stacy! Wishing you blessings in the week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Rifleman must have been a little before my time or not on in reruns because while I know who he is, I don't think I've ever seen a single episode.

      Delete
  7. I went through a major horror phase when I was in middle school and high school--The Amityville Horror was indeed freaky! Same with The Exorcist!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know a lot who've said The Exorcist scarred them for life, but I've never seen it and never want to!

      Delete
  8. I was terrified by the Amityville Horror movie (the original one). Good choice. I also went with Dirty Dancing for romantic movie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have only seen bits of the movie. I read the book the summer I was 13 and totally freaked myself out for months.

      Delete
  9. I turned off Amityville after a few minutes. It just looked like I was going to hate it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment. Your comments mean a lot to me and I try to answer them as soon as I can.

Moving Day

Hey everyone, I launched my new blog home today. Nothing fancy...just a little more me, I hope. Come visit me! In My Shoes