August 6, 2020

Thankful Thursday

Well, Blogger seems to have gone ahead and made me switch back to the new version whether I like it or not, so fingers are crossed that I can actually get this post up. If you recall, it was last week's Thankful Thursday when the new Blogger was introduced to me and I tried 4 times to get my post up and Blogger kept wiping out huge portions of what I wrote.

Anyway, with any luck, I'm linking up with Rebecca Jo @ Knit By God's Hand for Thankful Thursday.




This week I am thankful... 

** for our son-in-law, our daughter, and their friend. They all pitched in and helped Tim get the pool up with (relative) ease last weekend. Of course, now that it's up the temperatures have been in the 60's at night (it's actually only 58 degrees this morning) and daytime highs have been in the 70's this week.

** yesterday's trial visit from granddog, Abby, went...okay. It wasn't great, but she and Daisy only dusted it up pretty badly only once. Most of the time Abby just cried because her momma dropped her here and left. The poor thing went through a lot of homes and was on her way to the shelter before our daughter took her in. She's a sweet dog so I can't imagine why everyone kept getting rid of her, but it's left her very clingy.

** I remembered to go get blood work done yesterday morning. I see the doctor at the weight loss clinic again today and I had totally forgotten about getting the blood work done.

** books in the mail! Yesterday I got the next book in two of the series I read.

** a great haul of books from Goodwill.

** a good Bible study. We had fantastic discussion and wonderful fellowship this week.

** that a lot of the severe achiness Tim has been feeling for the last week or so can probably be attributed to the new medicine he started. He is calling the doctor today.

** we were able to go out for a nice family dinner at a good restaurant last Friday. We celebrated the birthdays and anniversary we'd missed during the months everything was totally shut down. 

** my family continues to remain untouched by Covid-19.

** that no matter what is happening in this crazy world, God is in control.

** for each one of you!

12 comments:

  1. It just figures that you have the pool up and ready to go and now it's too cold to use it. Wishing you warm weather soon. Enjoy all of your new books and prayers that you and your family remain untouched by Covid 19. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What Bible study??? & what series book are you reading??? I need important details here :)
    Of COURSE its cooler now your pool is up. We've had a few good days but our heat wave is coming back next week here so maybe you'll get to enjoy that nice water soon

    ReplyDelete
  3. You might know it would be cooler since you have the pool working.
    It has gotten cooler here too and it's still August, I sure didn't
    figure on that.
    Have a good Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know, summer is not done with us yet, lol. I know you will be able to use the pool. Keeping Tim in prayer. Have a beautiful day, friend and thankful for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So great to hear that you had a visit with your granddog.
    And changes to our blogging platform can be SO stressful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a super bounty of blessings! That hurts my heart about Abby's history -- no wonder the poor thing's a bit clingy; not unlike a foster child. I HATE the side-effects that come with certain medications (that) no-one talks about. Keeping Tim in prayer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, God is in control, although sometimes I think I have the tendency to forget this truth!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love everything here in your post from visits to the pool to the grand dog to books and more! You have such a good life!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I didn't know you had a "daisy" poodles are so great! Have fun with all those new to you books!
    LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful post. I hope it will warm up enough for you all to enjoy that pool for the rest of the summer! All good stuff. Thank you for sharing your thankful list. It helps us all to count our blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  11. God is in control!! Indeed He is!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I did not get my Thankful Thursday up. I was busy with the 4 grands all day Wed. and Thur. I am finally relaxing. It was cooler here today so we went on an outing. Hopefully you can get in your pool soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment. Your comments mean a lot to me and I try to answer them as soon as I can.

Moving Day

Hey everyone, I launched my new blog home today. Nothing fancy...just a little more me, I hope. Come visit me! In My Shoes