September 29, 2020

Tuesday 4: Wedding Bells


Marriage...

1. How did you meet your husband/wife?  We went to the same high school, but didn't meet there (he was 2 years ahead of me). It was 2 years later. My dad got me a job at the foam rubber plant where he was a supervisor during my Christmas break from college. My hubby worked there and so did his sister, who is my age. She worked very hard to push us together, but she didn't have to. The chemistry was very strong right from the beginning.

2. How did you know he/she was “the one”?  I don't know. I just knew. We had an immediate and very strong connection. We had very similar values and hopes for the future. 

3. How did he propose?  It wasn't terribly romantic, which was funny, because back then he was a very romantic guy. We were just sort of in agreement that we were going to get married and he showed up with a ring one day and asked me if I wanted to make it official.

4. Do you have any favorite stories from your marriage or about your husband/wife?  He has vivid dreams and when he was younger he did a lot of talking in his sleep....often interacting with conversations going on around him. His siblings like to tell of the time they got him to confess to killing Jimmy Hoffa. My favorite incident took place when I was pregnant with our son. I woke up in the middle of the night with my husband laying on top of me, screaming in my face "I'm blind! I'm blind!" I managed to get a light turned on and looked at him...his eyes were closed. I told him to open his eyes. He did, looked around, said "Oh" and rolled over and went back to sleep. Me? I was awake for the rest of the night.

You can join in the Tuesday 4 fun here.

13 comments:

  1. Wow! What a story! Love the "dream" story! That's too funny. So glad it wasn't true!! Glad you have had a happily ever after "end" of story...(not really the end...just the beginning!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun post! It is interesting to read about your courtship and marriage. Hope you have a good Tuesday- I will see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. {{big grin}} I just love reading about how others met etc. I hope you have a beautiful day, Stacy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved all of your answers today!!!
    Have a great Tuesday my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoyed your answers, they made me smile!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your last answer. lol. So enjoyed them all and learning how you guys got together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great love story. I laughed out loud at the last one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. that dream!
    I think a lot of us just know... it's my opinion we picked them out when we were in Heaven to be our partners on earth.
    LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love these prompts - they've been so fun to read.
    That is HILARIOUIS about the being blind.
    that feeling - that you just know - isnt it so strange to explain.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness to that dream memory! Joe talks in his sleep now and then, but nothing like that! It is fun reading about meetings and weddings today! I am enjoying the reads today!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I do not remember these surprise romantic engagement thing back 50 years ago. After dating a long while it was just a foregone conclusion that it better happen!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Now that was fun! I enjoyed sharing your memories with you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your answers to #2 and #3 could have been mine too. I was so tired when I filled mine out. I didn't even read #4 right. I thought it said any good stories from your wedding. This one I just did not do good on...hahahaha Loved your answers. Have a nice week.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment. Your comments mean a lot to me and I try to answer them as soon as I can.

Moving Day

Hey everyone, I launched my new blog home today. Nothing fancy...just a little more me, I hope. Come visit me! In My Shoes