October 13, 2020

Currently in Latrobe

I am...

Reading...Snow Angel Season by Emily March. It's a 2-fer of holiday romances.

Watching...NCIS. Still hooked on it and driving Tim crazy with it. I'm on season 14 and Netflix only goes through season 15 so it won't be long before I'm done...and losing my mind till the next seasons are added. Just FYI, I am really not liking that Tony is gone. I know Abby leaves and I read something that makes me think Jimmy is going to as well. I can live with those, but please don't tell me if McGee ends up leaving. He's the only one left on the field team that doesn't drive me nuts...other than Gibbs.

Listening to...nothing in particular.

Loving...that it's getting dark earlier and earlier. I don't like dark mornings, but I do like the coziness of the darker evenings. The house seems so cozy with the fall decorations and candles.

Buying...Because the company offered me 50% off on my entire order!

This cozy tunic. Love the button detail on the shoulder.


These casual boots for my fall outfits. I can't do heels these days, but these still look pretty sharp.

I'm hoping the stretchy fabric and thick memory foam insole will make these sneakers extra comfy.



And this snuggly chenille cardigan that will look great with anything I throw it on over.



Thinking...about the things I want to get done today. Number one on the list is getting the Halloween boxes packed and mailed out to the great-nieces and nephews.

Feeling...excited. The books for the class on medical office assisting that I enrolled in came on Friday. I get to start studying today!

Celebrating...a great family day with my biological father, my favorite time of the year, and Halloween is a lot of fun this year with the grandchildren being so close and getting into it.

Enjoying...stepping away from the daily memes on the blog (unless I want to join in). I hope you all have been enjoying the posts from the heart, too.

The weather...mostly cloudy, a little damp (it rained most of the night), but the weather folks say sunshine is coming and a high of 64 degrees.

A thought to share...



19 comments:

  1. Love your new buys - I just ordered some fall/winter sweaters myself.
    I have never seen one episode of NICS.. that many season, sounds like it'd be a show to occupy a lot of time to binge
    Love you're reading a holiday book already

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had never watched NCIS until last month. I think it was up against something else we watched, but I've always heard good things and I've been a Mark Harmon fan since the days of 240 Robert in the late 70's or early 80's. I'm on season 14 now with one more on Netflix. Why don't they have seasons 16 and 17? There is a season 18 coming, too. The wait will kill me.

      Delete
  2. I also like the cozy darker evenings. I was thinking the other day how dark it was at 5 and realizing that if we didn't still have daylight savings it would be even darker.I used to love walking home after work in fall and winter when it was darker outside. Everything felt cozy and warm from the houses and stores I would pass by.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love the dark evenings, but not so much the dark mornings.

      Delete
  3. Now I'm wanting one of those great tunics! (Can you divulge your source?) Totally agree with what you said about the shorter days. I'm all about cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed your post, Stacy! Always uplifting and positive! Those boots are so cute (tunic too) but I sure don't need them down here! Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What if the temps go down in the 70's, Terri? That always seemed to have Floridians breaking out the winter coats when we lived there. lol

      Delete
  5. We enjoy NCIS as well. Watched all the seasons twice! Now I am watching Criminal Minds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm probably going to have to go back and watch a couple of them over because I might have dozed through a few. lol I've caught a few episodes of Criminal Minds and liked it. I have a whole list of shows waiting to be watched when I finish NCIS.

      Delete
  6. Where did you find those fabulous boots???

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute new clothes. We don't wear clothes like that too often because it does not get that cold here. I like NCIS too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not crazy about cold weather, but I do love the clothes for it!

      Delete
  8. HEY! I have Sketchers! I spent $80 on two pairs, they are super comfy for work/standing on my feet all day. I hope you have a beautiful day, friend, smiles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only Sketchers I've had good luck with are my Go Walk sandals. Since these have some wonderfully different memory foam insole and were 50% off, I'm taking a chance.

      Delete
  9. Wow! What beautiful sweaters/boots/, etc. Love them! Probably too hot for me here in Florida, but I know they will look great on you and you will enjoy them. We are hopefully going to be getting some cooler weather soon. Little by little I can tell a difference, but it's still a bit too warm for my liking for mid October. I love my Skechers shoes...have some similar to those and I wear them for walking all the time. I only wear skechers now...I have several different pairs for different things...outside, inside, even a solid black flat pair for church. I need that kind of comfort and I don't care so much about style as I do comfort. When you get to be an "old lady" like me, you will know what I mean! LOL. Have a beautiful day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're enjoying one more warm day today with a high in the mid 70's predicted, but then we're dropping to highs in the low 50's. Bring it on! I'm ready for some real fall weather. I've never had a lot of luck with Sketchers, but I'm hoping the stretchy mesh and the memory foam sole will make a difference.

      Delete
  10. As of the last season, McGee and Jimmy are both still there. New season starts mid-November according to my hubby and it will be season 18, I think. I loved Abby, but since you already know she left, I will tell you her replacement does a really good job of holding her own. Give her a little time and I think you'll like her too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment. Your comments mean a lot to me and I try to answer them as soon as I can.

Moving Day

Hey everyone, I launched my new blog home today. Nothing fancy...just a little more me, I hope. Come visit me! In My Shoes