November 2, 2020

Currently

Today in Latrobe...

I'm reading...Acts in the Bible, nothing in fiction. I need to choose a new book.

I'm watching...my latest Netflix addiction, Criminal Minds.

I'm listening...to a lot of contemporary Christian music via Alexa. Very soothing in these troubled days.

I'm feeling thankful...for so many things. Tim keeps feeling better since the catheter was removed. The kids' patched up furnace keeps on running. It's November, the month when everyone tries to be a little more thankful. Come what may, the elections will be over after tomorrow. 

I'm loving...all these precious days at home with so much time to spend with my grandkids. I shared a few Halloween pictures yesterday. Here are a few photos from yesterday when Megan, Leah and I were playing with Snapchat filters.

Me as a unicorn.



Me, looking way better than I really do.



Babyface me.



Not sure what this is. LOL



The cutest little unicorn ever.


I'm thinking...about a long text conversation with my half-sister. I love getting to know her more and she confided yesterday that she really hopes we can develop a relationship, that having a sister makes her feel less alone in the family. Apparently, the family I missed out on is not without its issues.

The weather is...cold. Today's high temperature will 40 degrees and we have snow flurries. Crazy, because a huge warm up is coming this week. By Friday the high temperature will be 80 degrees!

7 comments:

  1. Nope - no family comes without issues.
    Those baby face filters freak me out.
    AMEN.. will be so glad when this election is behind us - come what may.
    We turned our heat on last night & will probably have our AC back on at the end of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are going to be in the 80's this week and one day at 90! Cute pictures. Nice that your half sister wants a closer relationship. Enjoy your week?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun catching up, Stacy! Snapchat looks like lots of fun! Glad Tim is doing better! I agree that no family is without drama! Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome pictures! I may have to check that out. We were sitting at 41* this morning; already Tom's complaining. Obviously, he's quite forgotten what it was like living in Chicago. (Watch me slap him to the curb if he goes near the thermostat. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's great that your sister wants a relationship. You may provide the friendship and stability she needs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are at 48 right now this morning here in Florida!! Imaging that! I love it, but yesterday it was in the 50's a good part of the day and very windy and cold...not so crazy about that part. This morning I had to put on long pants and long sleeves for in the house wear! Wow. But it will warm up again soon. Love your snapchat pictures. They are so cute and fun. The baby unicorn is the best. Yes, "no family is without issues". If we could hear everyone's stories in this life we would be amazed what so many have endured...and also that so many have still risen above and thrived. Looks can be deceiving, and we should never judge a book by its cover. But I think it is wonderful you are making this connection with your half sister. You may find that you have much in common. What a blessing for both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good news about your husband. (Just the word "catheter" makes me shudder.) And you make me want to play with Snapchat.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment. Your comments mean a lot to me and I try to answer them as soon as I can.

Moving Day

Hey everyone, I launched my new blog home today. Nothing fancy...just a little more me, I hope. Come visit me! In My Shoes