April 13, 2021

Currently...

The weather...is back to normal for this time of year. Gray, chilly, a bit of rain. No rain today but no sunshine, either. A high temperature of 66 is forecast.

I'm reading...nothing, book-wise, at the moment. I finished up another cozy mystery from Guideposts yesterday and I haven't chosen my next read. I am reading Judges during my morning devotions.

I'm listening to...whatever is on in the car when I'm in it. Otherwise, I haven't really been listening to any music.

I'm watching...a lot of movies on PureFlix, the Christian streaming service. I signed up last weekend, but didn't really start watching anything until yesterday. Now I'm hooked. I've watched four! It is wonderful having so many clean, Christian themed movies at my fingertips. It's also been a surprise (a good one) how many well-known actors and actresses are showing up in Christian movies.

Feeling...a lot better today. I was feeling a bit off yesterday. I'm not sure what it was, but I suspect it was allergies. Everything is beginning to pop out and bloom here.

Thankful...for a new lawn tractor. We have a 15 year old John Deere. The tractor is in good working order, but the mower deck has rusted through. That results in a grass shower every time we mow. We wanted to just get a new mower deck, but our hunt on Saturday proved that John Deere has discontinued the one for our tractor. They have a newer one that can be used...if you buy all the parts to retro-fit it. It is not an inexpensive proposition. We ended up looking around and found a brand new Husqvarna for just a bit more than the parts would be. It's not a John Deere, which may cause my hubby to have a twitch, but since all we actually use it for is mowing grass it isn't really necessary to pay the extra for the Deere name.

Thinking...about covid vaccines. We have not been particularly onboard with them. I don't believe, as some do, that the vaccines are the mark of the beast. Our reservations have been over the safety. You hear so much about side effects and I don't see how they could possibly have been tested long term. Will there be any residual effects that won't show up until sometime in the future?

The company Tim works for is forcing the issue. They have offered a $250 bonus as an incentive for employees to get the shot. As further incentive they will give 2 days paid vacation time to any employee whose spouse/family also gets the vaccine. The amount isn't an incentive to Tim, but the men believe that after June 30 when the offer expires the company will make it mandatory for employment.

Now the thinking is that they may as well get the vaccine while they'll get paid for it rather than get it for nothing later on. Several men got their first dose yesterday or today. Tim scheduled his for tomorrow. He wants me to get one, too. There are openings where he is going. I can't go tomorrow. I have a dentist appointment in the morning and I have to take Mom to her physical therapy appointment in the afternoon. Saved by a full schedule. I am still really torn about the whole thing.

Something funny...

You know we're giving Jesus a headache.





If you believe, copy and paste!




THIS is some serious truth.













Haha! So me when I explained "Prison Ball"
to the youth group. 






And now I am off to babysit those grandkids for a little while. Happy Tuesday, y'all!

17 comments:

  1. Those memes are hilarious, and sadly too true. Now, let me scroll back up and try to remember all the other good stuff...Re: the vaccines...I am still on the fence about it too. But so many people here are getting them and they expect we will too, and I just keep quiet...I make no comments when they tell everyone they've gotten their shots so now they can go places and do things. I guess I'd better stay quiet because there will be those who will disagree with whatever I have to say. I believe it needs to be a personal decision for each person and should NOT be forced. Now, on to the tractor...sounds like you made a wise decision. You could always paint it green and yellow...LOL. Oops, supper time, son's home, gotta run. Bye. I enjoyed this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't say much about the vaccines around people here, either. Everyone is so polarized on the subject and judgmental. I don't think Tim would see a paint job as a solution. LOL

      Delete
  2. Those memes ... girl, I'm dying! That's a mighty generous offer by Tim's company! My son and DIL are still on the fence about the vaccines; and in fact have not been wearing masks except as mandated by some establishments. He knows we're 'pro', but I told him Sunday afternoon: "I know you're both intelligent people who've done your research; and I'm not going to disrespect you by pretending you're not." (That's not to say, I'm not taking it to God in prayer.) Please let us know how Tim does!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have those who are pro and those who are totally against in the family. I just don't say much about it out here in the real world. Everybody's so divided and touchy. Better to just keep my mouth shut.

      Delete
  3. I agree with Pamela - the vaccine is a personal decision is private.

    The introvert Christian meme is funny to me as I am a introvert and I hate the greeting part of the service.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm about 50% introvert. If I know most of the people I'm good with the greeting, but if I'm in a new church where I don't don't folks, I'm really tempted to make that bathroom run!

      Delete
  4. Hi Stacy. That's great that Tim's company is offering such generous bonus for getting the vaccine! I got the Moderna shot through the school district I work for and had no problems except being a little tired and achy for about 24-36 hours. Same for my hubby who got the Pfizer vaccine. College son is going to get his second Pfizer shot next week. Those meme's are funny. I like the one with Napoleon Dynamite best. I am a geek, but I thought that movie was hilarious! Hope you are having a good week. See you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tim doesn't know which he will be getting, except that it won't be Johnson & Johnson. PA has stopped giving it. We love Napoleon Dynamite! That is a funny movie.

      Delete
  5. Oh my gosh!
    That one about the Facebook prayers????
    Hilarious!!!!!
    I am with you on the vaccine.
    I also think it is a personal decision.
    Everyone telling me how much I have to get it makes me question why.
    So many unknowns!
    You do you, my friend.
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny...because it's so true of Facebook!
      Exactly, soooo many unknowns and if it's so safe why are they pushing so hard and bribing everyone?
      Me is the only thing I know how to do.

      Delete
  6. My husband and I got the Moderna vaccines. It was a risk we were willing to take. It is a personal decision. We did our research and are satisfied. I have other medical issues that are more concerning to me. That is nice that your husband's job is willing to pay him. The Pope meme was funny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally understand your reasoning. I'm all for the vaccines being a personal choice and if I had some serious health conditions I would certainly jump right on board. I have the luxury of being able to take some time in considering it. I liked the Pope one, too. Made me think of that spitting dinosaur in Jurassic Park! lol

      Delete
  7. There is talk (gossip mill) that our employer will force the issue...nope; stern NO on my part...I guess I will be money poor than...I will not comply. It is a personal choice and I firmly believe that. Actually, the three of us (husband, son, myself) are firm NO'S. We each have been bugged by our dr.'s and my son told his the other day, "Look, if you can answer me the one question, 'Will it cause sterility? And do you really know if it will or not?" then I can answer you. The dr. office refused to answer. My son, "Then its a no." ---see, that's the thing, NO ONE knows what the long term affects are. That's why its a stern NO. ANYWAYS---GETTING OFF THE SOAP BOX. sorry for making this so long...its just a NO.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those meme's had me giggling for sure! I love your sense of humour.
    And that'll be a resounding NO from me and my husband concerning the alledged vaccine. And all these is why and none of them have to do with the Mark Of The Beast (but that's next, I'm sure):
    https://www.deconstructingconventional.com/post/18-reason-i-won-t-be-getting-a-covid-vaccine
    Good luck. Hope y'all don't get sick or anything worse.
    Blessings. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Is PureFlix free? I need to check it out.....
    Good luck on the vaccine decision. It's a hard one to make... I got it & now not sure I made the right decision having gotten Johnson & Johnson - my stupid luck.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved the memes, Stacy! I got the Moderna shots with only a sore arm both times. I don't shame anyone for not getting the vaccine. We all have to make our own decision. I just like the freedom I feel now to visit others and to feel protected... knowing that we don't know yet about long-term effects because it all so new. So far, so good for me though. My 93 year old friend, Helen, did fine with them too, as have most of our friends here. I am still a patriot, I am still a believer, and I listened to my doctor and what he had to say about Moderna. Love & hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment. Your comments mean a lot to me and I try to answer them as soon as I can.

Moving Day

Hey everyone, I launched my new blog home today. Nothing fancy...just a little more me, I hope. Come visit me! In My Shoes