May 10, 2021

Currently...

The weather...is a chilly 43 degrees, but at least it isn't raining. After three days of rain we are rather soggy. Today's high is predicted to be 57.

Reading...Running on Empty. Still. I haven't read that much in the last few days.

Listening to...the sound of it NOT raining on the roof! And birds. The birds were pretty quiet through all that rain.

Feeling...thankful and annoyed. The summons for Tim to come in and "discuss test results" was a big nothing. All they had to say about his blood work was that his cholesterol was up a bit. Nothing about the thyroid because the lab somehow TOTALLY MISSED THE ORDER TO RUN THAT TEST. It was in the computer system. The doctor checked. Tim went Saturday to have it redone and would you believe they almost messed it up again? They were supposed to do the thyroid test and check his A1C and they missed one of them and had to catch him on his way out to come back and get it done!

Now we wait for those results (Tim has a phone appointment to discuss it on Thursday) and a call from the sleep lab. The doctor has decided to push the sleep study. Yay!

Thankful...my diet doctor is really up on all the newest developments and really works with me to find the best thing for me. Adipex just doesn't seem to be helping at all this time around. She tried me on another 2-drug combo and I didn't like it at all...it made me feel odd. So, now she is trying me on something that is sort of experimental. I'm going to be giving myself an injection of Ozempik once a week. 

I don't really understand what it does. It is a drug for diabetics. It isn't insulin. My doctor put me on it because they have discovered that one of the side effects of it is weight loss. It isn't yet approved for weight loss use specifically, but because my last blood work put my blood sugar at the very lowest edge of the pre-diabetic zone it was enough for her to be able to prescribe it.

I'm also very thankful that she told me to get on the website for the drug company that makes it and ask for a discount card. I did and it took my co-pay for a 3-month supply from $76 to $25. I'm glad I have both because we looked at the receipt and the cash price for it would be $1000/month! Yikes!

Mother's Day...was very nice in spite of the rain. We got together with my mom, stepdad, and Megan's family. Tim grilled humongous T-bone steaks and Megan and I roasted potatoes and made a salad. I bought banana cream pie and brownie cream pie for dessert.

Megan had a floral arrangement delivered on Saturday and Colton and Leah gave me a cute stuffed sloth with "Nana, I love you!" embroidered on the belly.

Cody really stepped up. He (and the kids) gave Megan a 6-hour spa package!

Today...I am watching Leah for a while this morning and late this afternoon I have to go to the doctor's office to have my TB test checked and, I suppose, get the measles/mumps/rubella booster shot if my blood work shows it's needed. That's the last hoop to jump through for the new job. I can then turn everything in and we can get the ball rolling.

This week...Bible study will be in person tomorrow evening. Tim get's his second dose of Moderna on Wednesday. I will be turning in my paperwork for the job at some point. The grass needs mowed. That's about it, unless they jump me right into the training. It's a slow week.

16 comments:

  1. I'm glad that Tim's visit to the doctor was a "non-event." I hope all goes well with the final hoops you have to jump through for your job. So nice that you had a good Mother's Day. Mother's Day was nice here too, but it is always hard when I don't hear at all from a couple of my kids. I know you understand. I just ordered a new book from Amazon about what we are going through called, Terms of Estrangement. I checked it out of the library and after giving it a "test read" I decided that I wanted my own copy to mark kup. I will let you know what I think. Have a good week, Stacy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And here we are praying for rain. Please send it to Georgia? *grin*
    These doctor and insurance things sure can be a quagmire. I'm glad the visit was a non-event. I hope they get things right this time. Good grief. We do have better things to do than keep traipsing back-and-to the doctor's office! Right?!
    I pray the remainder of y'alls week is quiet and relaxing.
    Blessings. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are going to see more rain probably later in the week. I'd send it to you if I could!

      Delete
  3. I'm going to look up Running On Empty--that sounds like a compelling read (and one that applies to me).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really interesting, if just for insight into why you react to certain things or situations the way you do.

      Delete
  4. First, I'm thankful the results of Tim's blood work weren't serious. But (I'm sorry), do they ever stop and think how their messages can be misconstrued and lead to all kind of unnecessary worry. (Been there!) My BF was prescribed Ozempic a while back and nearly stroked out when she learned the cost. I'm waiting on a decision from my insurance company to see if they'll allow my Prolia injection. Guess that's why the Big Pharmaceuticals can afford all that prime-time television advertising.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you are right, but it seems like more and more of them have some kind of program to help people out with the cost.

      Delete
  5. Glad to hear you had a nice Mother’s Day weekend. Also that your hubby is okay. I am getting my eyes checked today. I think my cataracts are getting worse. We are having beautiful weather here. It won’t be long until we are melting! Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you can get those cataracts taken care of and it works out. My mom had a bit of trouble with hers, but my sister-in-law's went so well she didn't need glasses afterward!

      Delete
  6. Some good news here in this blog and I am excited for your new job. Sounds like a great Mother's Day for all three moms! Hoping Tim's bloodwork comes with some answers! Have a blessed week! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We heard today about the bloodwork. They say the thyroid's fine so I guess next up is the sleep study.

      Delete
  7. I'm so relieved to hear that was all for Tim - but man, what a way to get you a little freaked out. & to MISS a test??? Geez. So frustrating.
    Excited for you to turn in your work stuff & see how that new adventures goes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously, and can you believe they missed it the second time and had to chase him down in the hallway to come back and get jabbed in the other arm?

      Delete
  8. Sounds like a lovely Mother's Day, and also for the good news on Tim's Dr. report. I know he still has to wait on the other part, but praying it will be good too. Glad you got a good discount on the meds you need. Amazing how expensive drugs can be. I am very thankful we are not on any big expensive meds. On a fixed retirement income we'd just have to say, "sorry". God has been very gracious to us and we are very thankful. I forget what it is that you will be doing for your new job? I hope it will be something you enjoy ! Take care and be blessed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Pam. The bloodwork for Tim's thyroid was fine. So now we'll be looking toward the sleep study. No idea when that will be. If you ever do get prescribed an expensive med, check with the drug company before saying no. I'm learning that a lot of them have discount or copay programs to help people out. The new job will be taking mentally disabled adults on outings. I can get another clearance and work with kids, too, but it's up to me.

      Delete
  9. Oh my goodness, my friend. I am so happy to hear Tim's tests came back fine. But man! I am so sorry you had to wait to hear that! Jeesh. Chilly up here still! Where is spring?!?!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment. Your comments mean a lot to me and I try to answer them as soon as I can.

Moving Day

Hey everyone, I launched my new blog home today. Nothing fancy...just a little more me, I hope. Come visit me! In My Shoes