June 9, 2021

A Cute Little Hodgepodge

Oh boy, I'm late to the party again today. Sorry guys. It just seems like I never get a chance to post until later and then it's late in the evening before I have time to visit anyone's blogs. I feel like I'm semi-missing in action these days, but it's all good. Work stuff, grandkid stuff, and life stuff are just keeping me busy. I wouldn't change it if I could!


Joining in with Joyce @ From This Side of the Pond for my first Wednesday Hodgepodge in quite a while.

1. Something you've seen recently that's 'cuter than a June bug'? Well, that has to be these two. Not that I'm a little biased or anything.




2. Tell us something about where you were and what you were doing in June of 1988? If you weren't born yet, June of 1998. Or if that doesn't work, June of 2008.  June of 1988...moving from the northern part of the state back to our hometown, where we still live. Different house, but same town.

3. A place in your home or outdoor space where you feel 'snug as a bug in a rug'?  Right here at my desk where I do all my "stuff." Bible studies, computer time, crafts, writing, work, etc. It is MY space.




4. June is National Fresh Fruits and Vegetable Month. Do you normally get your 4-5 servings each day? Hahahahaha! That would be a no. I do 16-hour fasting and sometimes I only eat one meal a day so it's rare that I get that many servings of anything. What's a favorite summer dish you make/serve/like to be served-ha! made with one of your favorite summer fruits? Strawberry Jell-O pretzel salad. Yum! A favorite summer dish made with a favorite summer veg? I love zucchini and used to eat it fried all summer long, but then I discovered "crack zucchini." It's slices of zucchini topped with shredded cheddar, a sprinkle of Panko crumbs, a sprinkle of bacon bits, and a pinch of sea salt and cracked black pepper. It's broiled for a few minutes until nice and browned on the top. Sooooo good and minus all the oil of fried. How do you feel about cooking in the summer months? I mostly like to have cold meals or things I can do on the grill or in the microwave. We don't get as hot as some places, but we always have lots of humidity. Using the oven is just too miserable most of the time.

5. Do you have a summer reading list? No. I don't actually ever have a reading list. I am too fickle for that. I like to choose books in the moment and read what I'm in the mood for. If so share a title or two we can add to our own. Moot point.

6. Insert your own random thought here.  Always leave 'em laughing.









2 comments:

  1. Biased? Nawww.... they're absolutely adorable!
    Like you, my 'snug in a bug' spot is my office/guest room. Now, if I could only find a comfortable chair. Your recipe sounds great for evening snacks and just so happens I've got an almost full container of fresh sliced zucchini in the fridge. Woot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL on those last jokes! Those little ones are certainly adorable and cuter than June bugs!! You have a great desk/office/nest space!! I never buy zucchini but that recipe you shared does sound yummy! Happy hump day/Hodgepodge day! xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment. Your comments mean a lot to me and I try to answer them as soon as I can.

Moving Day

Hey everyone, I launched my new blog home today. Nothing fancy...just a little more me, I hope. Come visit me! In My Shoes