October 29, 2021

Saturday 9: Werewolves of London

Saturday 9: Werewolves of London (1978)

Oh, wow! I was in 8th grade when this song came out and I remember it being a huge hit with the kids my age. It was so fun to sing along with...I still love to howl along when I hear it. LOL 

Unfamiliar with this week's featured song? Hear it here.
 
1) In this song, Warren Zevon sees a werewolf with a Chinese menu in his hand. He wanted beef chow mein. If we Saturday 9ers got together for Chinese, what would you likely order?  Probably beef with broccoli, but depending on my mood, it might also be General Tso's chicken or chow mei fun with beef, chicken, pork, and shrimp.

2) He also says the werewolf's hair was perfect. Are you having a good hair day?  It was okay today (Friday), but it won't be tomorrow. We are taking the grandkids to an outdoor photo shoot and it's supposed to be cold and rainy. I won't be bothering with my hair beyond throwing it in a ponytail. In reality, I really need a cut and possibly color (still undecided on whether to allow the gray to grow in) but it may be a while because my friend and hairstylist has been sick with Covid.

3) Linda Ronstadt was a big Warren Zevon fan and recorded several of his songs. Do you have a favorite Linda Ronstadt song?  You're No Good




4) Warren Zevon admitted being afraid of doctors and avoided check ups. Are you scared when you go to the doctor or dentist for a routine visit?
  I'm not scared, but I do have a tendency to drag my feet about routine checkups. Just my inner procrastinator asserting herself, I guess. 

5) In 1935, the movie Werewolf of London was released. Do you enjoy being frightened by scary movies?  Nope. I don't watch horror movies at all. I do, however, love fun, campy types of "scary" movies.

6) In your younger days, did you ever trick or treat while dressed as a monster?  Sure did.

7) When you were a kid, what sweet treats were you happiest to receive?  Anything chocolate, but especially Clark bars, and Sweet Tarts.

8) Can you see any Halloween decorations as you answer these 9 questions?  Nope. I decorate for autumn rather than Halloween. Some years I put a pumpkin light in the window, but I didn't this year.

9) Halloween is most popular in the United States and Canada, and isn't really celebrated at all in Japan or South Korea. How would you explain our Halloween customs to a visitor from another land?  People have fun dressing in costumes and having parties and the kiddos go door-to-door or store-to-store or trunk-to-trunk collecting goodies. There's a darker side with some really getting into the gore and scary stuff, but it can be avoided if it's not your thing.

Thanks to Crazy Sam @ Saturday 9 for the questions and the music!





12 comments:

  1. Everyone is suggesting such terrific dishes for #1. I believe I've been inspired to order Chinese this weekend!

    In a way it's fitting that you'll have "covid hair" in the photo shoot because it's a representation of this specific time. I love looking at my niece's wedding pictures of all of us in masks, because I can imagine her sharing them with her as-yet unborn children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. #7 We Saturday 9ers seem prefer chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hubs LOVES beef with broccoli--can't stand the stuff (it's the dang broccoli). General Tso's is a definite winner though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beef and broccoli's my favorite, too! 'Always say I'm going to try something different, but don't want to be disappointed. Aside from popcorn balls and caramel apples, my favorites were the wax lips -- and those wee wax bottles of juice.
    I'm looking forward to seeing the photos from today's shoot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chocolate seems to be everyone’s favorite. I also like your choices from the Chinese menu.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a big fan of oriental food. Especially like Thai. Yum.
    I hope y'all had a good Saturday.
    Blessings. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think Chinese food will be in the cards for this week. I haven't had any for a couple of months. Another fun Sat9 and I enjoyed my visit here! Happy weekend, Stacy! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I seem to be the only one who likes sweet and sour for Chinese. Typical. I remember when this song came out, too. It was a relief to many because it wasn't disco!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait for this trip for Chinese food! Loved your answers. Have a nice weekend.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Liked your description of what is Halloween, for the rest of the world.
    As my hair gets thinner and thinner, I wear it in a bun all the time.
    Most of us like Chinese cookery.
    My own family loves to cook Chinese food. Only now it’s all Vegan. Oddly it’s still delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment. Your comments mean a lot to me and I try to answer them as soon as I can.

Moving Day

Hey everyone, I launched my new blog home today. Nothing fancy...just a little more me, I hope. Come visit me! In My Shoes