March 30, 2020

Currently

I am...

Reading...The Last Odyssey by James Rollins. What if Homer's epic tales, the Odyssey and the Iliad, were true?

Listening to...Air Strike, a WWII movie that Tim is watching. I can't complain. I talked the man into watching all of Tiger King on Netflix this weekend. Did you get sucked into it? It is apparently the #1 show on Netflix right now. It's so popular GMA did a story on it this morning. The weird part? It's awful. The people are awful. The lifestyles depicted are awful but YOU.CAN'T.LOOK.AWAY.

Loving...being creative. I dug out my coloring/journaling Bible yesterday and colored several pages as well as drew one of my own. It was nice to have the time to do it. I also ordered a memory keeper planner from The Happy Planner people and it arrived yesterday. It's undated so I'm going to begin it on April 1. I have tons of stickers so I'm looking forward to having some fun with it and keeping a record of this unusual time in our lives. Oh, and I bought some Modgepodge the last time I was at Walmart. I might have some fun with that while I am stuck at home, too.

Thinking...that this period in time is a gift that's putting us back in touch with our families and what's important...and maybe it's a wake up call from God.

Feeling...healthy! And that's something to be thankful for these days!

Celebrating...that spring is really getting a foothold. Oh, it's too early to say winter is done with us in this part of the country (we've had snow at the end of April before), but many of our neighbors mowed their grass yesterday, we should mow ours today, the temperatures are mild (74 degrees yesterday!), and things are growing.

Grateful for...everything!

Weather...cloudy and 55 degrees today.

Enjoying...the slow pace of these days.

A quote I want to share...Actually this was forwarded to me in a text message and is more of something to think about than a quote. I don't even know who originally wrote it.

"In three short months, just like He did with the plagues of Egypt, God has taken away everything we worship. God said, "you want to worship athletes, I will shut down the stadiums. You want to worship musicians, I will shut down the Civic Centers. You want to worship actors, I will shut down the theaters. You want to worship money, I will shut down the economy and collapse the stock market. You don't want to go to church and worship Me, I will make it so you can't go to church."
"If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Maybe we don't need a vaccine. Maybe we need to take this time of isolation from the distractions of the world and have a personal revival where we focus on the ONLY thing in the world that really matters. JESUS. 





7 comments:

  1. Beautiful text message! I might joke around etc., but I firmly believe this text.

    No, I haven't seen that show. My husband and son have been watching a lot of the Velocity channel lately. Boys and their cars/toys, sigh.

    Hey, have a great day friend, thank you for the many smiles you bring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly what you mean about Tiger King. I just couldn't stop watching. I am stunned that the sub-culture even exists. I just have no words. But I would watch more. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've not heard of Tiger King. (Ya, living under a rock.) Maybe that's a good thing. Thanks for mentioning the memory keeper planner; that sounds like something I'd enjoy. Last (but certainly not least!) this text is wonderful. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw that last quote on Facebook. Well written. Joe and I watched Tiger King after a few of you were writing about it. So strange! You are right about everyone being just awful people! I felt so bad for the animals! On to another week...

    ReplyDelete
  5. First of all, I am really loving your new blog look. So bright and perky!

    That text message is awesome! Such true words. Maybe this time of isolation and scaling back will cause us all to seek the Lord. Maybe revival will result!

    74 degrees in March sounds perfect! Actually, I could take that kind of temperature year round.

    Blessings,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this post, especially the ending message. So true! I haven't watched The Tiger King and probably won't. Have a good week. Stay safe and well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Feeling healthy in today's time is definitely something to be happy & feeling blessed about

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment. Your comments mean a lot to me and I try to answer them as soon as I can.

Moving Day

Hey everyone, I launched my new blog home today. Nothing fancy...just a little more me, I hope. Come visit me! In My Shoes