March 30, 2020

Tuesday 4: There's No Place Like Home

Happy Tuesday! Got another truly exciting day on tap. Bahahaha! Actually, we're doing super fun lock-in activity #385 (give or take, I may have lost count)...cleaning out the freezers and defrosting the big one. Don't be jealous, now. 

If you don't have your own freezer to defrost, you can just join us for the Tuesday 4. It's not as fun, but geez, we can't all live glamorous, exciting, thrill-a-minute lives.

Thanks to Annie for today's diversion!


1. Do you like the way your home is decorated or would you tweak things a bit if budget allowed?  I would be tweaking up a storm if I could. We are hoping to add a big family room onto the house this year. This whole virus thing may throw a wrench in the plans, but we'll see. 

If that gets done, we'll turn our current living room into a dining room. We'd also turn the bathroom in our bedroom into a powder room/laundry room to get the washer and dryer out of the hallway that would connect the new family room and kitchen. We don't need a tub in there since we redid the main bathroom and there's just the two of us. 

Of course, if we actually get all that done we're going to have to redo the kitchen. It's kind of like the kid's book, If You Give a Mouse a Cookie.

2.. Do you have any plans/dreams to change anything about your home?  Oh, well, oops! I kind of got ahead of things. 

3. What style of furniture do you have or want to have in your home and why?  I think you'd have to call my style eclectic. I have modern furniture, antiques, and whatever catches my eye all blended together. It's the same style everyone in my family has always had. I've NEVER lived with matchy-matchy stuff. I just buy what I like or need and make it work.

4. Tell us about your ideal dream house or dream kitchen if you prefer.  My dream house would be a Craftsman bungalow. I adore everything about them.


As for my dream kitchen, it would look something like this...


8 comments:

  1. Love that kitchen! We we're thinking of adding a large deck on but don't know if it will happen now this year :( You're intro was hilarious :)

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that house. I hope you get your renovation plans underway sometime before Christmas. These are strange days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that kitchen! … and that Front Porch!
    When we were house-hunting, a front-facing porch to sit and rock upon was on my short-list. Unfortunately, that didn't come to fruition - but I still love our little home, eclectic décor and all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stacy, you would LOVE Lakeland! Our Lake Morton Historic District is ALL craftsman cottages and most have been renovated. They have home tours every year and we have toured many of them through the years. Come on down!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love your #3 answer.. Isnt that what nesting is all about!!! I never had a lot of money to buy really great accents for my home, but making things work was all the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your answer to #3 too.
    Love the pictures of your dream
    house and dream kitchen.
    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that house. I am all about a big porch! I have no porch. Loved your answers! Have a nice week.

    http://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment. Your comments mean a lot to me and I try to answer them as soon as I can.

Moving Day

Hey everyone, I launched my new blog home today. Nothing fancy...just a little more me, I hope. Come visit me! In My Shoes