April 9, 2020

Thankful Thursday

I'm writing my Thankful Thursday post on Wednesday evening because I'm going to try to go to the store first thing in the morning. I've been trying all week to get either a pick-up or delivery time for groceries at Walmart or our local grocery chain. There are no openings no matter when I try and there are a few things we need and a couple of things I'd like to get for Easter. I'd love to make the orange creamsicle jell-o salad I saw on Facebook for Tim. He loves anything orange creamsicle flavored, but I need Cool-Whip and vanilla pudding for that.

I won't be able to link up with Rebecca Jo @ Knit By God's Hand until later, but be sure to pay her a visit and check out the other bloggers who are playing along. 

This week I am thankful...

** for God who loved the world so much that he sent his only son, that whosoever believes in him, shall not perish, but have everlasting life.

** for Jesus who loves God enough to be obedient and who loves me, little, insignificant me, enough to pay the penalty for my sins and die in my place.

** for continued health for all of my family and friends.

** and I mean THANKFUL!!! that after 3 1/2 years, the bathroom is finished. The only thing not done is switching the light switches and outlets to new brushed nickel ones to match everything else. We had to order those or they'd be in. They are supposed to arrive Friday or Saturday. Isn't it pretty? I still can't believe it and feel like pinching myself. And yes, for those of you who have been following the story from the beginning...it has lifted a tremendous amount of stress off our marriage and that festering, wound is healing nicely.





** for the beautiful weather we've had the last few days. We've been able to spend time outside and Tim got some work done outside.

** that we didn't have any damage from last night's super nasty storms. Other places had tornadoes or giant hail. All we had were 75 mph winds! It was crazy when it hit. It was so loud! And fast. Very, very fast.

** my mom has taken up sewing face masks. She made two each for everyone in the family, plus a few for friends over the weekend. Today she started to make them for my Bible study group. They are all so grateful, because you just can't find them anywhere right now.

** for dandelions! Yep, they popped up all across the yard today. That means spring is really, truly, finally here...even if it is going to drop into the 30s and drop some snow flurries tomorrow night. It's not going to last long so it's okay.

** for all the small, normal, everyday things that mean we're okay.

** for each one of you!

** and for this...




Take a moment today to reflect on Jesus' final meal with his disciples. Of the final lessons he taught about love and serving others in his name. Remember the long, tormented night in the garden. Remember his promise and what he did for YOU.



10 comments:

  1. Beautiful bathroom, my friend. I am so jealous, grin.

    Oh, I/we have been trying to for 2 weeks to do that store pickup/delivery, no times available (my suggestion, the stores/the government need to stop advertising to do so then). I hope you get the items you need, stay safe my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Easy-peasy! I was at Walmart at 8:00 and there was no line waiting, the shelves were pretty well stocked, and (almost) everyone was wearing masks and gloves. Just a few glaring exceptions...toilet paper, of course, cleaning products, and egg noodles. I haven't been able to get a bag of noodles since this whole mess started. They are rarer than TP! Anyway, I'll just get up early and go and give up on the pick-up or delivery because I've been hearing it's never ready when they said it would be.

      Delete
  2. I love your bathroom...gorgeous!!

    We ordered last Thursday and picked up on Monday evening. They were missing several items, but all in all, we got most of what we wanted and needed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love it, but the biggest thrill is simply that it's done. My daughter got groceries delivered yesterday and about half the order wasn't available so she's going to have to go to the store anyway.

      Delete
  3. That bathroom turned out beautifully! I would be thankful too, especially after 3 1/2 years! :) Your gratitude must be turned way up if you can be thankful for dandelions. I am going to try to follow in your footsteps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I KNOW our marriage wouldnt handle a renovation - LOL
    It looks so amazing!!!!
    That Easter pic - AMEN!!! That gave me chills!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amen!. So much gratitude for our Savior Jesus Christ! I love your bathroom. That is so great! We are going to have one of our bathrooms redone this summer, but we are hiring a contractor. Hope you have a good Thursday. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Powerful Easter meme! Wow. Your bathroom looks like something in a high-end model home. I love dandelions … they remind me of little smiles scattered throughout the grass.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Flashing your wealth, showing us those rolls of TP!! (wink) I enjoyed reading your list of blessings, Stacy! Your 'new' bathroom looks great! I heard from my sister in Georgia last night that a tornado when through their little town. They have branches down but no damage to the house, thank goodness. Scary weather times. Be safe!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is nice of your mom. I have been making some too and I found some elastic. Enjoy your new bathroom!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment. Your comments mean a lot to me and I try to answer them as soon as I can.

Moving Day

Hey everyone, I launched my new blog home today. Nothing fancy...just a little more me, I hope. Come visit me! In My Shoes