April 3, 2020

Saturday 9: Could've Been

Saturday 9: Could've Been (1987)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) This wistful song is about a love affair that ended. What song reminds you of a long-ago love?  Piano Man. I dated a guy in college, a fraternity brother, whose fraternity ended its weekly Friday night parties with Piano Man. He was always the guy in the center of the circle getting us all to sing along.

2) It was written by Lois Blaisch, a singer-songwriter who performs at clubs around Los Angeles and has sung outdoors at Disneyland. Would you prefer to attend a concert indoors, or outside under the stars?  Outdoors.

3) This week's featured artist, Tiffany, appeared on the TV talent show Star Search when she was just 14. She came in second. Though she was disappointed, she admits she learned from it. She studied the singer who won and says it made her a better performer. Can you recall a time when you weathered a tough time and came through stronger?  There have been many difficult times in my life and all of them have made me stronger, but it's my faith and learning to lean on God that has given me peace.

4) Early in her career, she toured Alaska, opening for country legend George Jones. Have you ever visited our 50th state?
  No. I wouldn't mind seeing it if I ever have the chance, but it's not been on my wish list. Too cold.

5) Tiffany provided the voice of Judy Jetson in 1990's Jetsons: The Movie. Which cartoon did you enjoy more: the space-age Jetsons or the pre-historic Flintstones?  I watched both, but I always like the Flintstones more.

6) In 2007, she appeared on VH1's Celebrity Fit Club and lost 28 lbs. Are you making an effort to stay fit during this stay-at-home period?  Not really. I need to start fighting the urge to become a total couch potato...hard when are not supposed to leave the house except for groceries or medicine.

7) In 1987, when this song was popular, Aretha Franklin became the first woman inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. What's your favorite Aretha song?  Respect.

8) Also in 1987, third-generation race car driver Marco Andretti was born. Are you a race fan?  Nope.

9) Random question: Do you find it easy to sit still, or are you fidgety?  I'm fidgety, but it's because things start to ache if I sit still too long.


Thanks to Sam for today's questions! Join the fun here.

25 comments:

  1. Alaska is definitely too cold in the winter...but we were there in summer and it was lovely...that's why they have all those HUGE fruits and vegetables...sunny weather 24 hours a day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know if I could handle no darkness at all. I think I'd have a hard time sleeping.

      Delete
  2. I'm a fidgeter, too. I wish jiggling counted as exercise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read somewhere that jiggling does actually help a little. I've always remembered that because my cousin jiggles his leg non-stop.

      Delete
  3. Love your response to #3! And how fortunate you are, having that memory associated with Piano Man. (I can visualize it now …)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed your answers. My folks use to get notes sent home about my fidgeting. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I ache if I sit too long too. I was thinking about walking a little on my treadmill to keep loose, but I have not done that yet. I always think about it. I have been reading. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.

    http://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to get more active, too. It's way too easy to be lazy being stuck at home. I've been reading, too.

      Delete
  6. Exactly my sentiments on #9. I get so fidgety, because otherwise I freeze up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I must have been a fidgeter as a small child, because my mother used to tell me that she would pinch my little leg in church, until one Sunday when I cried out, "Don't pinch me!" She laughed and said that one of the old deacons told her she better stop pinching that baby, and she did. It is good to know we agree on the answer to #3. Be safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my, that makes me think of the story my mom told about her grandmother telling her to quit fidgeting in bed or she'd "take her feet off and put them beside the bed."

      Delete
  8. Piano Man, great song. That frat must have been a fun place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was my favorite place to party back then. :)

      Delete
  9. Piano Man is a good song! Fun questions today!! I can't imagine my life without my faith in Jesus Christ. Happy weekend, Stacy!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahhh, Piano Man! So many memories. Billy Joel's Innocent Man tour (1984) was my first concert. I still remember it like it was yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good memories from your school days. I think most all of us rely on the Lord to strengthen us through the difficult times. You would love Alaska in the summertime. It was perfect when we went.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I do ever go, it would be in the summer.

      Delete
  12. I do love the song Piano Man. My faith in the Lord Jesus has seen me though as well.
    My son works for Alaska Airlines, and one of his benefits is free travel. He has been to Alaska 3 times, I think. One time, last year, Gary went with him. They flew up to Anchorage just for the day. You can do those things when you get free travel. The beauty of Alaska is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Piano Man is a great song. The couch potato thing - change is hard, even if it feels good. Always a downside somewhere.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment. Your comments mean a lot to me and I try to answer them as soon as I can.

Moving Day

Hey everyone, I launched my new blog home today. Nothing fancy...just a little more me, I hope. Come visit me! In My Shoes