May 25, 2020

Memorial Day Musings (AKA, Currently)

I am...

Reading...Kindness Goes Unpunished (Book 3 in the Longmire Mysteries) by Craig Johnson.

Watching...Binging on Brad Meltzer's Decoded.

Listening to...all kinds of great and varied music thanks to the May Music Meme. It's really making me dig into the vault.

Loving...the beautiful sunny weather, though I have to admit I find 86 degrees a bit too hot for May.

Thinking...about what we're going to do today since we'll have the little grands while Mom and Dad take a trip on the motorcycle with friends.

Feeling...a bit discouraged about work. When I left my job it was in a booming economy and it would have been easy to walk into another job. Now, not so much.

Celebrating...Memorial Day, of course, though "celebrating" isn't quite the right word. We are cooking out with Mom and my stepdad, but not really celebrating or partying. It's more of a remembering and being thankful.

Weather...sunny, humid, and 86 degrees is predicted for this afternoon so there's also a chance of thunderstorms. I hope the kids get back from their bike ride before any storms decide to form.

Enjoying...being outside. We got the deck cleaned off and the furniture out this weekend and I also got my garden beds planted. It makes me happy to check on them and take care of them every day.

A quote I want to share...



Memorial Day:
Never forget those who
made the ultimate
sacrifice.

6 comments:

  1. I agree, trying to find a job in todays economy or "nonsense" is just plum ridiculous. Oh sure, folks are hiring, but WHEN is the big question. I shall digress before I go on a daily tangent. {{grin}}

    Looks to be near 90 here today, and I agree, a tad bit too warm for the month of May or even June. It also looks like thunderstorms will be moving in this morning, which will only make it sticky.

    Have a beautiful day friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness, your temps are beginning to rival ours! I'm a bit envious of your proximity to your folks and kiddos, particularly on a holiday … hope the BBQ is super enjoyable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our weather is supposed to be high 90's at the end of this week. Crazy! (And this is Idaho, not Florida.) I don't much care for 90's even in July, but I certainly am not excited about it in May. What happened with your job? The last I knew, you had gone part-time and were really liking that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always thought Happy Memorial Day to be a little 'not right.' Nice you're able to be outside today, it's warm and raining here, the porch is wet and so is my favorite outside chair. Guess we'll stay in and watch movies today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a powerful quote! Glad you can be outside with the kiddos!! It is warmer there than it is here. We are only to have 77° today, after up to 98° earlier this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've got to start reading that series. :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment. Your comments mean a lot to me and I try to answer them as soon as I can.

Moving Day

Hey everyone, I launched my new blog home today. Nothing fancy...just a little more me, I hope. Come visit me! In My Shoes