May 24, 2020

Sunday Stealing: Sabotage

I'm linking up with our hostess, Bev, and the rest of the thieves for a little Sunday Stealing.

Stolen from I can Sabotage Me by Myself

1. Would you kiss the last person you kissed again?  I sure would!


2. What’s the closest thing to you that’s red?  The shirt I'm wearing has red in it.


3. Did you meet someone new today?  We went shopping for a swimming pool today. I met the owner of one of the pool stores. Does that count? By the way, he gave us a great deal and we bought a pool!


4. What are you craving right now?  Nothing. We just ate Chinese food and I'm stuffed.


5. What comes to mind when I say “cabbage.”  Ham and potatoes. The three of them together is one of my favorite comfort foods.


6. What does your last text say?  "I'll call you back as soon as I can." It was a response to our daughter who called while we were in the middle of buying the pool.


7. Do you bite into your ice cream, or just lick it?  A little of both, I think, but mostly lick it.


8. Do you like your hair?  Yeah, except for needing a trim and color very badly at the moment.


9. Do you like yourself?  Most of the time.


10. Do you like cottage cheese?  If I dump enough sugar on it.


11. What are you listening to right now?  We're watching an old Columbo movie.


12. Is there anything sparkly in the room where you are?  There are some sparkly things on my shirt.


13. How many countries have you visited?  Just Canada. I'd love to visit more, but I doubt that will happen.


14. Are you sarcastic?  I have one of the sharpest sarcastic wits you've probably ever seen. I don't consider it an asset. I work very hard to keep it under control. That's just not who I want to be.


15. Have you ever crawled through a window?  Yes. One of the houses we rented early in our marriage had a window that was easy to pop open and crawl through if I (or we) forgot our keys. I went through that window several times.

22 comments:

  1. Hi Stacey,

    "We went shopping for a swimming pool today." - That is something we very raely say in the UK.

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had one when our kids were growing up, but it was old and not in good shape so my husband took it out a few years ago. We really hadn't thought of getting another one, but now that our daughter and her family live next door and with pretty much everything cancelled or closed this summer...it seemed like a good idea for the times.

      Delete
  2. Ohhh I'll be down to use the pool, lolol...and yes on the sarcasism for me too, perhaps that's why we get along, wink ((bahawaaaaa))

    Have a great day, friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're always welcome! (And that's not sarcasm.)

      Delete
  3. Yeah, kids and a pool...great combo, especially now

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO glad you got your pool.. That will make for a glorious summer with the kiddos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We always had a pool until a couple of years ago and I have been pale white ever since. I am so glad you were able to get one! Once you get it all set up post some pictures for us! Enjoy! Loved your answers! Have a nice Memorial Day weekend!

    http://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had one up until a few years ago. It was 20 years old and in pretty rough shape and needed to go. I can't believe how much they've improved since our last one.

      Delete
  6. How exciting to have a new pool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You will have to post a picture of your new pool. We have a large spa that the grands like to play in. We have to lower the temperature in the warm months. Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were beginning to think we'd have to get a spa. Because of the combination of everything having been shut down and everything closed or cancelled for the summer, we found it's impossible to get a pool right now. Everywhere we went told us it would be at least July (and they had no hard dates) before they got more pools in and then it could be another 8-10 weeks before they could be installed. We lucked into the one we bought. It and one larger one are supposedly the only 2 pools available in the entire northeastern U.S.

      Delete
  8. Congrats on the new pool! I sure don't miss spending the $$$ to maintain ours (in Arizona) but having the babes nearby, yours is a great idea! Will y'all be teaching them to swim yourselves?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They will probably learn the same way our kids did. When they were 5 or so I bought them a kid-sized life jacket to wear in the pool. It gave them confidence and they lost their fear so they spent that summer jumping off the sides and paddling all around. After that they just took them off and swam.

      Delete
  9. I learned to swim when my father threw me into the pool and turned his back on me. I guess if I hadn't suddenly learned to dog paddle he'd have noticed. I grew up with a built-in pool but my father filled it in many years ago. It was a lot of upkeep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sheesh...that's one way to learn! Yes, our neighbor has an in-ground and while we'd probably enjoy one, watching them, I know theirs is more work than an above ground.

      Delete
  10. I think most of us are in need of cuts and colors about now. I know I am...and only 10 more days to wait until I can! Same here---only Canada for me. I would love to go to Ireland and the UK, but I don't know if that will ever happen. My son works for Alaska Airlines, so as part of his benefits, he gets free and reduced travel. He and I had considered a trip to the UK next spring, but with all craziness now, we may skip it. I bet those kisses were from those sweet grandkids!

    Blessings,
    patti

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a bummer! I hope things get straightened out so you can go.

      Delete
  11. Stacy, I eat sugar on my cottage cheese too! It must be a PA/OH thing!! I put sugar on my tomatoes too. Do you?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cottage cheese just makes me shudder. I don't know why. I recall sneaking a spoonful of what I assumed was my mom's tapioca pudding and getting a rude surprise, maybe that's what started it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Kind of like that saying I've seen..."Chocolate chip cookies that turn out to be raisin is why I have trust issues."

      Delete
  13. oh, my, I am so jealous. I would LOVE a pool, but they are so prohibitively expensive here in NM, both to put in, and to maintain. The water evaporates like mad in our dry heat. I love going to my brother's in Georgia, he has a great pool. Lucky you!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment. Your comments mean a lot to me and I try to answer them as soon as I can.

Moving Day

Hey everyone, I launched my new blog home today. Nothing fancy...just a little more me, I hope. Come visit me! In My Shoes