May 21, 2020

Thankful Thursday: On the Road to Normal

Good morning, y'all! It's shaping up to be warm sunny day here and that is thankful #1 on this week's list! In case you need more of a clue than that, I'm linking up with Rebecca Jo @ Knit By God's Hand (and the rest of the thankful souls) for Thankful Thursday.

This week, in addition to the beautiful weather, I am thankful... 

** Tim finally went to see the doctor again. If you visited earlier this week, you know I was asking for prayer because he was making comments about not being around much longer. Sheesh! Well, he called on Tuesday and they got him in that same day...and by some fluke, he was able to see the same doctor our daughter and I have been seeing. He's a young guy and very, very thorough. 

The bottom line is that he has to get a lot of tests run...ones he's had and few he's never had. Lots of blood work, of course, then also a colonoscopy (last time they said he was good for 10 years, but when your father died of colon cancer and several siblings have had polyps it's better to check more often), a scope down his throat (because apparently he's got a problem with chronic vomiting and food gets "stuck" when he swallows...he's been hiding that one from me!), and last, but not least, a sonogram of his heart. Sure praying this round of tests finally finds us an answer!

** for the monetary gift from my biological father. We still want to add that family room on to the house, but with Tim not at his best physically, it might get started this year, but I'm not counting on it getting finished. Anyway, I talked to Tim and I think we're going to go shopping this weekend for a....swimming pool! 

Tim took our old one out about 4 years ago. It was an above ground pool and about 20 years old. It had seen better days. At the time we weren't too worried about having one, but now with our daughter's family right next door, the summers being terribly hot, and everything being closed or cancelled this summer, it seems like a good idea. Plus, since everything was shut down the pool companies are all having big sales right now!  There's enough money from my father to get a pool and still have a good start on the addition to the house.

** the Poodle finally being able to get groomed. She looks so pretty and you can tell she feels better. (Now if only we humans could get groomed!)

** Goodwill opened its store in our town yesterday and I was right there when the doors opened. You know I love the thrill of hunting for treasure. I was kind of disappointed that there didn't seem to be more new merchandise in the store and that some things were priced higher than they used to be. There just wasn't much. I got a few things, the depression glass vase is the best find.


** that life is, at least, on the road back to normal.

** All the time I've been able to spend with Colton and Leah. It makes me sad that we don't have a very close relationship with our two older grandchildren, but I suppose that makes us appreciate the one with these two all the more. Colton is so stinkin' smart and sweet. He love to tell everyone that he likes them these days and if you tell him you love him, he says "I love you too!" Leah doesn't say much. She is the quiet, observe everything type. She's standing on her own and just about ready to take off walking. I think she's going to give us a run for our money when she does.

** Mom and John are coming out and interacting with us more. We're even allowed to visit them again and no masks! I think both of them are glad to feel it's safe to see the kids again.

** Everyone I know and love continues to be virus-free.

** As I always am, for each one of you!

11 comments:

  1. Praying that everything goes good for Tim!
    Keep safe and have a good Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keeping Tim in prayer...I will tell you, my husband had to have his esphagous (sp) scrapped due to severe acid buildup. Same issues as Tim...keeping you and Tim in prayer.

    Great finds at the thrift store! No such openings here. We shall see, sigh. Cuomo is just slow walking everything. More like jay walking and making up things as he goes. sigh.

    Have a great day, Stacy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our daughter had to have her esophagus stretched once and is probably headed that way again. Tim had an inflamed stomach a few Christmases ago and he was so miserable with it that we all seriously thought he was going to die. Antibiotics cleared it up and then he got meds to prevent it, but also keep it calm. One for day and one for night. He never takes them until he gets a flare up. He's one of those people. Makes me so darn mad sometimes.

      Goodwill is the only one open here. Seems like a lot of smaller stores aren't opening yet even though they are allowed. I don't know. Life hasn't really changed much yet.

      Delete
    2. Yeah! duh! Stretched and FROZEN not scraped. Where is my head these days? Anyways, My husband suffers from severe heartburn, all those years and it built up into the esophagus. I meant to correct my comment and I forgot.

      Delete
  3. My mom used collect depression glass. Hope all is well with your hubby. Will be praying my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will keep Tim in my prayers~~ Hope you get
    that pool installed and can enjoy this summer!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soooo glad to hear Tim's doctor is being so thorough. Ya, years ago my Tom had a similar situation with his throat wanting to close up. Coming out like your mom's doing sounds like a giant step. Living in fear has to feel crippling.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lifting up prayers for Tim. Dont you love when husbands keep everything from you. MEN!
    Glad you got to be the first one in at Goodwill to find some fun finds :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. We have had three maskless visitors today and it is so nice to visit and not try to see past fabric! I'm glad Tim is being checked out, head-to-toe! Keep us posted!! It will be so fun to have a pool to share with the kiddos! Pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Since I came here today to check your song choices, I'll quote a lyric: "The waiting is the hardest part." I'm sure your doctor is a good one who explained to you that these tests are as much to eliminate the really scary possibilities as they are to land on a diagnosis. Here's hoping the results come in quickly and the outcome is all good.

    Give Goodwill time. Once everyone has a chance to drop off all the stuff they've decided to part with, and the workers have a chance to get it all out on the salesfloor, I predict you'll have plenty to dive into!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Praying for your hubby as he goes through these tests. Praying they will find answers and be able to help him to feel better soon! The pool sounds like a great idea since you have kids nearby and yes, they've been cooped up too long. Sounds good to me too! It is so good to get out again, isn't it? Just doing a little fun shopping, even if you don't find anything, it's just good to be out and about. Take care, and we will pray.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment. Your comments mean a lot to me and I try to answer them as soon as I can.

Moving Day

Hey everyone, I launched my new blog home today. Nothing fancy...just a little more me, I hope. Come visit me! In My Shoes