May 28, 2020

Thankful Thursday

It's Thursday so that means it's time to link up with Rebecca Jo @ Knit By God's Hands for Thankful Thursday.

This week I am thankful... 

** for my cousin who is a mechanic with his own garage and is very understanding and accommodating of relatives who, due to rarely driving their car these days, forget the inspection is due before the end of the month. He is squeezing me in this morning.

** our governor is making things more clear concerning the phases of reopening. Counties in the yellow phase (us) may now allow restaurants to be open for outdoor dining. Counties in the green phase can allow hair salons, spas, and gyms to open...by appointment only, but open! We are not in the green and will not be moving into it tomorrow, either, but there is a light at the end of the tunnel!

** that in this time of shortage of all things pool related, we managed to find one of the last above-ground pools on the east coast and maybe, just maybe it will be installed in the next 2-3 weeks. This is huge, because pools are sold out everywhere due to demand (everyone wants one since everything is closed this summer) and shortage (all the manufacturers have been closed) and now that we can move about a bit the installers are so backed up it might be 2 months before they can get to you!

** the family of a very dear man we knew is one of the first to be able to have a viewing and a funeral. Social distancing and such are still in place, but how much better than all those who had to say goodbye alone and with no service! (No, he did not die due to Covid-19)

** Our daughter-in-law finally got her first unemployment check.

** Our daughter is going to be okay. She and her husband went out on the motorcycle Monday. It was very hot and very sunny. She got very FRIED. I took her to MedExpress yesterday and the diagnosis is sun poisoning with some 2nd degree burns. They gave her some really good burn cream and told her a few other things to try for relief, but basically she just has to give it time. I do think she's learned her lesson about using sun screen, so that's good, too.

** All we know and love remain virus-free.

** as always, for each one of you!

20 comments:

  1. I continually preach the sunscreen sermon to my own kids!(Who also don't necessarily listen...)
    Congratulations on the pool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to tell her from my own experience...several 2nd degree sunburns in my past...but they have to learn for themselves, I suppose.

      Delete
  2. Hope your daughter is okay...prayers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. She's doing much better today.

      Delete
  3. So glad your daughter is going to be okay. I've done that before and it is no fun! So good that your family and friends are virus free and so are ours. Have a great day Stacy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cathy. I've, unfortunately, done that more than once in my younger days, too. I guess we all have to learn for ourselves. Glad everyone there is healthy!

      Delete
  4. I am so glad your daughter will be ok. I had sun poisoning once, when I was 16. Never again. I am always careful now.

    No funerals/viewings are allowed here. Its sad, truly it is.

    Have a beautiful day, friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She might get it from me. I've had several 2nd degree sunburns in my younger days. I'm super careful now, though.

      Delete
  5. Happy to hear your girl's going to be okay! When I was about her age, I also developed sun poisoning -- tho' I'd never heard that term until the next day my husband took me to the E.R. because my face became swollen like a caricature. Thankful for you, as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She didn't swell very much, thank goodness. We sure are careless with our skin when we're young, aren't we?

      Delete
  6. So cool that you are able to get a pool We had an inground pool in Arizona. I miss it sometimes, but it was sure a lot of work and expense. There is a great pool here at our condo complex, but it hasn't been opened for the summer yet. Maybe it won't be don't know. Glad your daughter will recover from her sunburn. Have a good Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember that there weren't many pools in New Mexico when I was out there. I thought it was odd since it was so hot and asked our host about it. He said it's just too expensive because of evaporation and having to fill the pool up all the time. Crazy. We usually don't have to add much water to a pool over the course of the summer.

      Delete
  7. OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!! She got burned that bad - that's crazy!! The sun aint no joke.
    I know you'll be using that pool all summer long!!!
    My brother in law's dad just passed away last week & they couldnt do a funeral. I cant even imagine - how that messes with the grieving process - no finality to it ;(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, we'll be using it if it gets installed. Not sure when the guy we're currently in touch with will be available. All the other stores said we'd be lucky to get a pool and have it installed by the end of July at the earliest!

      Delete
  8. I have heard about the pool situation!
    So glad you are all set.
    I am so sorry about your daughter, but glad she is ok.
    Sunburns are horrible!
    Going to Green here tomorrow.
    I plan on staying home a little longer.
    Have a cozy day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are hoping to go to Green next week. Gov. Wolf did throw us a bone today. He said restaurants in Yellow can open for outside dining. That sounds so exciting! lol

      Delete
  9. My daughter's forehead got burned too because she forgot to put on sunblock there. You will have to post a picture of your pool when it is set up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm always after my husband and the grands to slather up their ears. That's a big spot for skin cancer because people don't think of them.

      Delete
  10. My comment went away. I'll try again! Can't wait to see photos of the new pool!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment. Your comments mean a lot to me and I try to answer them as soon as I can.

Moving Day

Hey everyone, I launched my new blog home today. Nothing fancy...just a little more me, I hope. Come visit me! In My Shoes