June 1, 2020

Monday Morning Musings (Currently)

I am...

Reading...Sun Kissed by Catherine Anderson. Not sure where I picked this one up. Maybe at Goodwill? Anyway, I don't read a lot of romances, but this is a good one. The setting is a quarter-horse ranch, who's female owner is being targeted by her ex-husband in the one way that will hurt her the most. The horses are being poisoned. Which also puts her under the microscope of the police and insurance companies since the horses are expensive champions and insured for large amounts of money. The bright spot in all of this is the handsome and compassionate veterinarian who is on her side and is slowly teaching her to trust and love again.

Watching...Good Morning America. Sort of. It's on, but it's mostly background noise. I only look up when something catches my attention. So much sadness with all the riots, the racial tensions, the politics of it all, and of course....the virus. Always the virus.

Listening to...a lot of blasts from the past thanks to the May Music Meme on here and the 10 Day Album Challenge on Facebook.

Loving...all these days I am able to spend with my youngest grands, the Boogie Man and the Tater Tot.

Thinking...about the things I want to get done today.

Feeling...blessed.

Celebrating...that my bible study group is meeting in person tomorrow night for the first time since the beginning of March. We are just going to share a meal and rejoice together.

Weather...beautiful, sunny, and 70 degrees today.

Enjoying...finally being able to spend lots of time outside.

A quote I want to share...Sorry, some of you have already seen it on Facebook, but it's a good one.


5 comments:

  1. Hi Stacy. I love that quote. So good and so true. Glad you are feeling better and are able to be outside and with friends and family more. Thanks for this upbeat post. Much needed this morning. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't seen it on FB, but I love this quote. (Jus saying, I NEEDED to see this.) Owning a horse ranch was always at the forefront of my childhood dreams -- but I don't think I could read that book. I've always been the one who doesn't care who gets killed in movies as long as the dog (or horse) is OK.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My ladies group is meeting Saturday for the first time since early March too. I am really looking forward to seeing everyone. Three of us did meet in the park a few weeks ago, mask and 6 feet apart...just not the same!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a great quote. How awesome that your group is meeting in person this week! I miss our community group meetings. We are still zooming. Not the same. Your weather sounds great! We are hot, hot, hot here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know you are counting down to your bible study!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment. Your comments mean a lot to me and I try to answer them as soon as I can.

Moving Day

Hey everyone, I launched my new blog home today. Nothing fancy...just a little more me, I hope. Come visit me! In My Shoes