July 3, 2020

Five Things on Friday

1. I have been awake since 3:30 this morning. My legs have been acting up in the night lately and I just couldn't get back to sleep. It's going to be a long day.

2. Tim is working today. It's his paid holiday since the 4th falls on the weekend, but some of the subcontractors wanted to work because they don't get the day as a paid holiday. Tim will get double time for it an d it's not like we had any plans for today, so it's all good.

3. Got a call from Tim at 6:30 this morning. His friend is coming today to level the yard for the pool! I hope that will mean we can get the installer to come at the beginning of the week. The temps are supposed to be 90+ for at least the next week. It would sure be nice to have the pool now.

4. My father is home and resting. He's taking some meds and doing okay from what I hear. My half-sister will be arriving at his place today and staying the weekend.

5. The only thing on my agenda today is heading out to the store as soon as it opens and getting what I need to make taco salad and a dessert for tomorrow's picnic.

If I don't see you tomorrow for the Saturday 9,
have a blessed and safe 4th of July!

9 comments:

  1. Taco Salad sounds good. Hubby and I've been trying to decide what to have for supper. Think I'll mention Taco Salads. Yummy!

    Happy 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This "There is nothing to eat!" in our household is getting old. I probably should leave it at that (the pantry and freezers are full btw).

    Keeping your dad in prayer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I hate it when I'm hungry and I go to the kitchen and all I find are ingredients! LOL

      Delete
  3. Hey there! Soooo sorry I didn't get by yesterday. By the time we returned from UAB and collected the girls, Tom decided he wanted to attend an outdoor concert -- and feed me to the no-see-ums. Ugh.
    I love what you said in yesterday's post about God's timing. This could SO be a Hallmark movie. :) That recipe is a keeper … and keto friendly, too! Thanks, and try to get some rest, okay?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm guessing all went well with Tim if you guys went to a concert? You'll love the zucchini recipe. A Hallmark movie? I don't know...

      Delete
  4. Exciting news that the yard will be leveled for the pool! Summer fun can't be far behind! Taco salad sounds so good! We are doing the traditional burgers, watermelon, deviled eggs... but taco salad sure sounds good! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, I'd trade everything we're having for your deviled eggs. I loooooove those things! LOL

      Delete
  5. Hmmm, taco salad. I want some now. And I do hope you get your pool in soon. Summer is almost 1/2 over already! Wow. Can't believe it. Glad your father is doing okay. So happy you got to go see him before this happened! Take care and have a blessed weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks like the pool will go in the week of the 13th. I'm not thrilled, but what can you do? There are many people who will not get there pools in until the fall and others who couldn't even get a pool at all, so I'll just be grateful we got a pool and it will be in this year.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment. Your comments mean a lot to me and I try to answer them as soon as I can.

Moving Day

Hey everyone, I launched my new blog home today. Nothing fancy...just a little more me, I hope. Come visit me! In My Shoes