July 2, 2020

Thankful Thursday: Let Freedom Ring!

Yikes! I spent a lot more time chatting on Facebook than I normally do, so I'm going to have to get a move on here. There are jobs waiting to be done...and I am, sadly, the one that has to do them.

Today I'm linking up with sweet Rebecca Jo @ Knit By God's Hand for Thankful Thursday, the weekly gathering where we get to encourage each other by sharing what God has been doing for us. It's the best blogging day of the week!

This week finds me thankful...
  

** to have met my biological father for the first time.

** for God's perfect timing in bringing together my son's DNA test through Ancestry.com, my mother's willingness to finally reveal the truth, and my half-siblings' search for me...at just the right time. Had it happened at a different point in life, maybe not all of us would have been so eager and receptive.

** the heart episode my father experienced on Monday was a "relatively" minor one. They put in a stent on Tuesday and he should be able to come home tomorrow.

** for the blanket of prayers from all of my friends in "real life" and on social media over all of this business with my father from the very beginning. It has been a comfort to know you've been with me and praying.

** I got those kitchen cupboards cleaned out yesterday and am able to find what I'm looking for again. The trunk of my car is full of stuff that is going to Goodwill.

I have to ask, though...How is it that I end up with, like, 11 million Tupperware lids and only 6 containers? Who takes the containers out of my house without lids??? Also, I'm pretty sure that whoever it is, they are also responsible for all my missing forks and spoons!

** for the quirky personality this little girl is developing.



** for the lessons learned in the Beth Moore study, Believing God. I finally finished it up yesterday (I've been doing it on my own). So many great things learned about faith and I love the 5 point creed from it that is now embedded in my brain and my heart...

  1. God is who he says he is.
  2. God can do what he says he can do.
  3. I am who God says I am.
  4. I can do all things through Christ.
  5. God's Word is alive and active in me. 
** in advance for the 2 zucchini I'll be picking today. Should I fry them or make Crack Zucchini?

CRACK ZUCCHINI

Slice zucchini 1/4" thick, lay out in a single layer on a baking sheet. Put shredded cheddar cheese on each slice. Sprinkle each slice with Panko crumbs. (Optional...add bacon bits). Broil in oven until Panko is nicely browned. Remove from oven and sprinkle slices with fresh chives and cracked black pepper. YUM!!!

** once again for the new A/C since we are probably going to see 90 degrees today. Bleh.

** to be an American. For all our faults, and problems right now, this is still the land of the free and the home of the brave. Lee Greenwood says it best...


** and as always for each one of you and all that you bring to my life!

Have a safe, happy, healthy,
and blessed 4th of July!


8 comments:

  1. Thanks for the zucchini recipe!
    And I am sure there's a great story behind that short paragraph about DNA testing and your mum, etc. God is amazing and his timing is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! Sorry, my fault for keeping you, lol. Have a beautiful day friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love me some beth moore!!!!
    Isnt that the truth about the timing of finding your birth father! How it probably wasnt the best timing any other time - how it all works out - I love that so much!!!
    That little girl... she just gives all the smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crack Zucchini sounds delicious! Now I need to get some zucchini. Thanks for the recipe. Your granddaughter is so cute. Have a great 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stacy, I am thrilled it all went so well with meeting family you didn't know you had! Praise God! His timing is always perfect!
    I have fresh squash from Dean and Sherry's garden to cook today and I think I will make your crack recipe with it! I cooked a big pot of Great Northern beans with ham so it will be a good meal this afternoon. It's so hot we should be eating cold watermelon soup instead of hot stick to your ribs food! Oh, well!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it's great that you've connected with your biological family. I watch the TV show, I think it's called "Lost Family" and I love it . . . really touches my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Stacy, I love that song though it does remind me of 911. Your grand daughter is so cute! Glad your dad is okay. My dad had to have a triple bypass. That recipe sounds really good! I had to laugh about the Tupperware. I prefer glass ware. Happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a great song and always gives me goosebumps. So happy that your dad is going to be okay! We moved in here three years ago and my cupboards could all use a good scoop out and cleaning. My excuse, however, is a good one. I can't get down on my knees to do it. Maybe in a few months.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment. Your comments mean a lot to me and I try to answer them as soon as I can.

Moving Day

Hey everyone, I launched my new blog home today. Nothing fancy...just a little more me, I hope. Come visit me! In My Shoes