July 1, 2020

Hurrah, for the Red, White & Blue Hodgepodge

I'm linking up this morning with Joyce @ From This Side of the Pond for a patriotic Wednesday Hodgepodge!



1. Are you currently making plans of any kind? What kind? Our granddaughter's first birthday party is coming up this month, but planning that isn't really on me...just a lot of cooking and helping get ready. I guess the next thing I'm planning is a day trip to meet my half-brother for the first time. What emotions are associated with the planning process? Ha! A whole lot! Tell us about one plan you had to cancel due to the current situation which shall remain nameless. Ha!  We really hadn't made any big plans for this summer so we haven't had to cancel anything specific. I had hoped to do a lot of special day trips with my grandson this summer, but nothing is open, so I guess there is that.

2. Last time you saw stars, either literally or figuratively?  Last night when I took the dog out and looked up. We have had lovely clear skies lately. Very unusual for us.

3. Blueberries yay or nay? Yay! Blueberry pie, blueberry muffins, blueberry yogurt, blueberries by the handful...what's your pleasure? By the handful. I like fresh blueberries much more than I like them made into anything. I am, however, going to attempt a red, white, and blue dessert I saw for the 4th.

4. Swim against the tide, swimming upstream, in the swim, sink or swim, makes your head swim...choose one of the 'swim' idioms listed and tell us how/why you relate?  This whole year feels like swimming upstream and it feels like we're losing that battle. It feels like we are heading to a second closure of the country.

5. Sum up your June in a single sentence.  It was a small bit of normal in a very not normal year and getting to meet my biological father was the cherry on top!

6.  Insert your own random thought here.  Thank you, to those who prayed for my father yesterday. The news from my half-sister is that they put in a stent and will watch him today and likely send him home tomorrow. Very relieved that my first visit with him will not be my last.


Today I am tackling the kitchen cabinets. I don't know how they get so bad when I am the one that puts everything back. If you don't hear from me tomorrow for Thankful Thursday...call for help! I've been swallowed up by the stuff in there!

22 comments:

  1. How wonderful that you will get to meet your half-brother. My prayers are with your father as he recovers. Enjoy your 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keeping in prayer. The situation that shall remain nameless has us on edge as well...I think it has all of us on edge, sigh.

    Have a beautiful day friend. smiles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it has us ready to go over the edge! So tired of all the stupidity and division!

      Delete
  3. You made me laugh...I totally get it about the cabinets! lol Good news that your father is doing well and I hop you have a good time meeting your brother too.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cathy! Yeah, about those cabinets. I got it done, but why do I have like 11,000,000 lids for plastic containers and like 6 containers? Who takes the containers out of the house but doesn't use a lid? Goodwill is getting a giant bag of lids...ya never know, one of them might be the one someone else is missing.

      Delete
  4. Hi Stacy. Glad things went so well with your father. Glad he is doing better. I hope you have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful news about your father! A few weeks ago I was all jazzed to take on my kitchen cabinets -- but only made it as far as the food stuffs. 'Still annoyed by the state of those on the other side, but not so much as to actually do anything about it. LOL. Tom has an echo and follow-up appt. scheduled tomorrow at UAB -- hopefully his stent is doing its job and nothing more needs done; I'm soooo over doctors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah....I have discovered these last few months that not having the time to get to certain jobs is not actually the problem. LOL I did get my cabinet cleaned out...read my reply to Cathy above for a description of that! I will be praying everything goes well for Tom tomorrow. It's been a long road and I hope he is done for now, too.

      Delete
  6. Great news about your father and so glad you will get to meet your half brother too! Good luck on your cabinets :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello!
    Such good news about your father!
    Blueberries are a favorite of mine. Especially on cereal.
    But Blueberry Pop Tarts are good too. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blueberry Pop Tarts are indeed good and I like my fresh berries on Golden Grahams.

      Delete
  8. I am so happy for you that meeting your family has been a blessing for you. There are so many stories about reunions not going well, but thankfully so many end beautifully. And yes, we seem to be swimming upstream in our country right now. Who do we listen to? I've decided to take responsibility and be kind, thoughtful and considerate by wearing a mask, but also not staying locked down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and yes...I received many warnings to go slowly and not expect too much, but it seems I have been one of the lucky ones. I will credit that to all the prayers that were said on my behalf. :)

      Delete
  9. How wonderful that you could meet your biological father and that it went well for you. Oye this world we are living in right now. Definitely feels like swimming upstream. Hope you have a peaceful 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my... cupboards AND closets here. How do we let it happen?!! Good luck with yours!! This was another fun Hodgepodge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know...it just seems to happen behind closed doors when we're not looking.

      Delete
  11. Oh geez! Don't you just know it about those cabinets and closets! I'm going through all those and it just boggles my mind at all the "stuff"! I'm so glad to hear about your father and that you will be getting to see him again. Praise God!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my, I would be in such trouble if I had to down-size. God bless you as you take it on!

      Delete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment. Your comments mean a lot to me and I try to answer them as soon as I can.

Moving Day

Hey everyone, I launched my new blog home today. Nothing fancy...just a little more me, I hope. Come visit me! In My Shoes