July 16, 2020

Thankful Thursday

Thank you to the sweet Rebecca Jo over at Knit By God's Hand for hosting Thankful Thursday every week. It's good to share our blessings and encourage each other all the time, but maybe especially this year.

There is always a lot to be thankful for and I'm kind of known for my really long lists, but today I'm going to focus on just one thing.

In this year of epic fails, there have also been some pretty epic blessings happening in my life. Two weeks ago I finally got to meet my biological father for the first time. A pretty crazy thing after 55 years! 

I was cautioned to be careful, move slowly, and not expect too much by many people...people who have had similar experiences with mixed or not so great results. I thank them for their care and concern about my well being. I know they just didn't want to see me get hurt.

But, I can say my God is an awesome God! There were so many people praying for the meeting and God answered those prayers. My father and I had a great meeting.

Then yesterday happened. My daughter and her children went with me to meet one of my brothers. She didn't want to go at first ("These people mean nothing to me and probably never will."), but said she would to support me. She wasn't going to take the kids, though ("I don't think these people deserve to know them. They're not going to be part of their lives."). I kept praying about it and at the last minute, her mother-in-law refused to babysit and the kids had to go with us.

It was a long day (it's a 3-hour drive each way) but a good day.

I got to meet one of my brothers, the one closest to me in age.


My father got to meet one of his grandchildren and two of his great-grandchildren.


And my reluctant daughter got to meet her biological grandfather, an uncle and aunt, and cousins.


They all adored Colton and Leah and doted on them. Colton LOVED his newly found cousins. Leah was a bit grumpy and tired, but still warmed up to everyone. 

It was a good, good day.

8 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh... I have all the chills. Your father just looks so happy
    & LOOK AT YOUR NEW HUGE FAMILY!!!!! That is just so exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Stacy I am so happy for you. I've been praying and so glad to hear God answered in such a big way! I think you can never have too much family!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. BEAUTIFUL!!!! I am so happy and I'm pretty sure they probably had similar feelings...but everything worked out, smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your pictures and looks like everything
    turned out ok with you and your biological Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these pictures, Stacy ... you look so happy! God timing is always perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what an incredible story. I found my half brother 11 years ago. I've gone back to see him and his huge family several times. It's been a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so happy for you and for your Dad and family. What a beautiful story. I'm so glad it worked out for the kids to go too. That helped break the ice and melt the hearts. So happy for all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What fantastic news, I'm so happy for all of you!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment. Your comments mean a lot to me and I try to answer them as soon as I can.

Moving Day

Hey everyone, I launched my new blog home today. Nothing fancy...just a little more me, I hope. Come visit me! In My Shoes