August 10, 2020

Monday Morning Musings

Outside My Window:  The morning is lovely with cooler temps and a misty, golden glow. The mercury is expected to hit 90 degrees this afternoon.

I'm Reading:  Purgatory Ridge by William Kent Krueger

I'm Watching:  A lot of HGTV.
Particularly the shows where they arehouse hunting in glamorous locales.

I'm Listening To:  The dishwasher running. I haven't had music on that much.

I'm Loving:  That the evenings are starting to take on that late summer/early fall feel. Perfect weather for county fairs...too bad they've all been cancelled this year.

I'm Thinking:  About what to do today. Do I start mowing the lawn, which needs done? Or do I tackle the kitchen cupboards? Clean them and rearrange the contents?

I'm Feeling:  Content. Sure there are a lot of things born out of these wild and weird times we are living in that I could be worrying about, but this time has given me a lot of time to work on my word for the year...ABIDE. I have been trying to do just that, abide in the Lord. I do my study and  prayer time daily but I am always thinking about what I have been learning about faith and perseverance and making it a constant part of life. So I'm also feeling blessed as well.

I'm Celebrating:  My mom and I celebrate our birthday this Saturday. Mom will turn 76 and I will be 56. I don't feel old (well, maybe the body does at times) but my mind still thinks young. I also feel strong and confident, comfortable in my skin, I guess. I like this time of my life. I don't miss my youth, but I have to admit...it would be nice to have the 50's mind with the 20's body!

In the Kitchen:  Big changes! Today is the day I officially start my new way of eating. After studying on several different options, I've decided to try eating a very low carb diet known as KETO. It seemed to be the most doable for me. I know that I won't stick to a plan that is complicated and requires counting calories. Too much time figuring things out for me. With KETO, I avoid carbs and watch portions. That I think I can do...though I am going to miss my carbs. I'm also trying to combine the KETO diet with 16-hour fasting. Fasting sounds scary until you realize it simply means that you stop eating by 8:00 (or whatever works for you) and then you don't eat again until noon. All your eating is done within an 8-hour window.

Making Me Laugh:  








Inspiring Me:


14 comments:

  1. Hi Stacy. Cute memes. Good luck with the Keto eating. I have heard good things about that diet as well as the intermittent fasting. Glad you are feeling content. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Deb. I hope you have a great week, too!

      Delete
  2. I picked up the Intermittent Fasting book "Delay, don't deny" and plan to read it soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know quite a few people who use Intermittent Fasting combined with low/zero carb diets and they have lost weight, and also say that they FEEL a lot better without the carbs in their lives.

      Delete
  3. 92 here...and I am just done with summer...come on fall.

    Fellow blogger Sparky and her hubby do the keto dieting. Good luck, please keep us posted, smiles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not minding summer near as much now that the pool is up! :)

      Delete
  4. Wow, lots of good stuff today! I like the last quote the best...we do get to choose what kind of women we will be. I've been thinking a lot about DNA lately since I had mine tested and am discovering new "relatives" I never knew before. It is amazing that DNA may determine our shape, hair color, eye color, and even some health issues, but it should never determine our relationship with God. That is something we all have the right to choose. We don't inherit salvation from our grandparents. It is something we have to choose for ourselves, and hopefully sooner rather than later. I hope you will get to enjoy your new pool soon too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Pam...we are enjoying the pool! Friday was our first day in it and I've been in it with the grands every day since. They are giving me a great workout!

      Delete
  5. That video-store meme? I'm dying over here, because the same thing happened to my son. He'd been over the moon to have discovered half a dozen hit movies right there for the taking. Thanks for explaining the concept of fasting! Besides portion control, my Achilles heel is late-night snacking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, evenings are hard for me, too. I did great today, though. The meds really do seem to help with the cravings through the day. They are starting me slow on them and building up to a full dose. So next week I'll still only be taking half strength but I will get part of it at night. That should help a lot.

      Delete
  6. The last quote said it all.. Good to keep it in mind.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes to that last quote! Indeed!! Keto isn't that different from low-carb. I always lose weight when I stop eating carbs. Good luck. I need to start again so will look to you for some motivation!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment. Your comments mean a lot to me and I try to answer them as soon as I can.

Moving Day

Hey everyone, I launched my new blog home today. Nothing fancy...just a little more me, I hope. Come visit me! In My Shoes