August 3, 2020

Monday Musings & A Bit of Happiness

Our weekend got off to a great start with a family dinner at the restaurant in our local airport. We were celebrating the birthdays and anniversary we had missed in the past few months. It was nice to get dressed up a bit and do something sort of normal. I say sort of because it's one of the nicest restaurants around and they are using paper tablecloths and menus...and of course the staff all wore masks and patrons wore them to and from the tables. 


All of us, minus our son-in-law who took the picture...most
likely so he wouldn't have to be in it. He doesn't
like to be in pictures very much.

Our daughter, me, and Tim.

Us with my mom and stepdad...and Tim being Tim.

Seeing as how it's the Arnold Palmer Regional Airport, we had
to have our picture taken with Arnie.
Saturday was all about the pool. Tim, our son-in-law and his friend, Tim, spent the day getting the pool up. Megan helped out after she finished mowing everyone's lawns. I got babysitting duty. They got it up and the liner in by 4:00.



Colton had fun helping the guys and we've given him credit for being the first one to "swim" in the pool.



Sunday they straightened out the liner and started running water into it. Tim discovered they'd given us the wrong skimmer so we had to run into the pool store (a good 45 minute drive) to get the right one. Tim and Cody put it on as soon as we got back and the water ran until I went to bed. I turned it back on this morning and Tim will hook up the pump tonight and it should be good to go tomorrow!


Not the best picture...I took it through the kitchen window.


THE AUGUST HAPPINESS CHALLENGE
DAY 3



I'm linking up with The Gal Herself for her August Happiness Challenge.  If you'd like to join in, all you have to do is post something, anything at all, that makes you happy every day and link back to Gal.

My happy today was waking up to a house that was already cleaned up. That never happens on Monday mornings. I always have to clean up from the weekend, so it was a big happy!

17 comments:

  1. Hi Stacy. So glad you had a good weekend. Looks like the pool is finally up and ready to go for the last month of summer. Have fun and enjoy! Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos, Stacy...the pool looks so inviting, smiles. Have a beautiful day friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd tell you to come on down...but then you'd have to get quarantined and we don't want that!

      Delete
  3. WHOOO HOOO!!! THE POOL IS UP!!! That's so exciting. You're going to get some good hot days still ahead to enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeay! I like how its positioned, you can see out your kitchen window. Will you keep it covered at night, or there an alarm if any neighbor kids thought about 'midnight dipping'?
    Love the family pictures; your hair looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, we won't cover it at night. The ladder actually has a "roll-top" cover that comes down and locks and the sides of the thing are so dang high no one will mess with it. We can't get any lumber right now so a deck will have to wait until next year. That will have a locked gate. There are lots of pools in the neighborhood so kids aren't going to bother it.

      Delete
  5. What a great weekend, glad you enjoyed it and the clean house this morning. Enjoy that pool, I know you've been impatiently awaiting it. Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hooray for what sure sounds like a great weekend! And double hooray for the pool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For real. All I can say is it better not turn rainy and chilly now that it's up.

      Delete
  7. I love seeing all the pictures and your celebration at the airport restaurant looked like it was great fun! Stacy, I love your outfit!! So cute! It is nice to see the family together! The pool looks great! You will be enjoying it this week!! Pool pictures, please!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Terri! I bought the pants after seeing basically the same outfit in a catalog. I had the shirt and jacket. I've been waiting all summer to have somewhere to wear it. lol

      Delete
  8. Before you took us along on this adventure, I had no idea that above ground pools were so much work! Glad it's up and ready for you to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wednesday is the day we get to get in it. Waiting. Patiently. Really.

      Delete
  9. Kind of normal is about as good as we can get these days. I love that your family celebrates together! That pool looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment. Your comments mean a lot to me and I try to answer them as soon as I can.

Moving Day

Hey everyone, I launched my new blog home today. Nothing fancy...just a little more me, I hope. Come visit me! In My Shoes