February 21, 2022

Odds & Ends

Linking up with the Tuesday 4.

Here we go discussing some personal thoughts this week....


1. Do you have a favorite gem stone? Why is it a favorite.  Well, I can tell you it's NOT my birthstone, the washed out green Peridot, though I own a few pieces set with it. If I want green I prefer Emeralds. I used to like Sapphires and my husband bought me a beautiful gold, sapphire, and diamond ring, which I lost the sapphire out of and decided maybe it was not the stone for me. These days I don't really own too many fancy jewels because I just don't go enough places to wear them and in my daily life I'm hard on my hands. I am attracted to diamonds (all colors) and blue tanzanite matched up with emeralds. I love the blue/green combo.

2. Do you know and understand the doctrines of your religious faith? If you are not religious, do you have a personal doctrine you believe and live? If this question is too personal.. tell us about your pet or favorite pastime.  Yes, I do. I don't particularly consider myself to be anything other than a believer and follower of Jesus Christ. I did, however, recently become a member of a Christian and Missionary Alliance church and to do so I went through a class to learn about their doctrine (which aligns with mine), had an interview with the elders, shared my faith story, and agreed to be held accountable by the elders and pastor.

Anyway, I believe Jesus is the Son of God, born by a virgin birth to a human mother, became the final atoning sacrifice for the world's sin with His death on the cross, defeated death when He rose from the dead on the third day, and is coming back to claim His kingdom one day. I believe God exists in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. I believe that when we are born again the Holy Spirit indwells us and is our guide and helper in this life. I believe that those who are born-again will live eternally with the Lord following their earthly death. I believe the Holy Bible is the divinely inspired, infallible, and living Word of God and that it is always relevant.

I believe the greatest commandments of my faith are to love God and love my neighbor and to share what the Lord has done for me. It is NOT my job to judge or condemn anyone. I am to reflect God's love in this world. No one is going to want to know my Savior, who has done so much for me, if I am judging them and telling them they are going to hell. I believe the way to go is to follow Jesus's example and show love and compassion. When people see that love in me and the peace I have in the Lord...they ask questions. They want to know why I am different, how I can be that way. It opens a door to talk about deeper things.

3. Do you have a favorite décor style... as in classical, traditional, modern, mid century, colonial, etc? What do you like about it?  Oh heavens...I like so many styles. The clean, simple lines of the current farmhouse trend appeal to me, but I also like rustic, country, mid-century modern, cottage, and traditional. Basically, I'm ecclectic. I have things that were given to me, family heirlooms, things bought new, and things bought through auctions, flea markets, estate sales, thrift shops, etc. My basic rule is if I really love something I will buy it and find a way to fit it in when I get it home. I really like this space...



4. Are  there any books or movies you want to see this summer?  I don't have any idea what's coming out this summer. I do want to see the new Mark Wahlberg movie, Uncharted, that's out now.

18 comments:

  1. Can I just copy your post to mine? I agree on everything. My older grandkids just saw that movie and really enjoyed it. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, thank you, though I am certain you probably expressed it all better than I did.

      Delete
  2. I really enjoyed your answers and like Susan says "I agree on everything", lol. Even our decorating likes are quite similar. I haven't heard about the new Mark Wahlberg movie. I'll google it and see what it's about. Take care and have a lovely week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Wahlberg movie is about treasure hunters. From the previews I've seen it's in the vein of Indiana Jones...action/adventure type stuff.

      Delete
    2. I liked Indiana Jones so I'd probably enjoy this new movie with Mark Wahlberg. Thanks for sharing.

      Delete
  3. Hi Stacy. I love your answer to #2 and the way you explain for faith. Have a good Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes, you wrote your statement of faith so beautifully! I love that and totally agree...of course I spent over 30 years in the C&MA, so I knew we'd agree on that!! But beyond any denomination, I follow Jesus. It is the most personal and important relationship anyone can ever have. Your post was great. Thank you for sharing it with us. Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Susan made a statement on her blog "I don't have religion, I have a relationship with Jesus Christ. " ---and AMEN on your thoughts as well. Beautifully said my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how wonderfully you've expressed your faith! I'm not especially fond of gemstones; and in fact, if my wedding ring wasn't that belonging to my late mother, I'd have probably just opted for plain gold. Home style? Eclectic, yes! Anyone with no imagination can hire a decorator. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that thought! "Anyone with no imagination can hire a decorator." I'm going to have to remember that one.

      Delete
  7. I love Emeralds too - that beautiful rich green color!
    Uncharted - wasnt there a book with that name too????
    Yes on your lovely definitions of your faith - to me, its all about relationship as well! I hate the word "religion"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think maybe there was a book, but I don't know that it has anything to do with this movie. This is an action/adventure type thing. They are all hunting for some massive treasure.

      Delete
  8. We are in total agreement in regards to faith. You said it so well. And that's why we've been attending St. John's Methodist Church. It's called Methodist but it's kinda like Baptist because our Pastor is a Grace believer. Also, we voted to leave the United Methodist as they have gone totally Leftwing. I am appalled at what these "leaders" say they do and don't believe in. Just my opinion but I don't even think they're saved. Others said that too. Sad, isn't it.
    Emeralds are my birthstone and one of my fav's. But I'm partial to blue also, so, I like Sapphires and others.
    Keep looking up! Jesus is coming back soon.
    Sending Love & Prayers xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now that is a beautiful room!! I consider myself eclectic too. Sounds like we believe pretty much the same. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love peridot in it's lovely clear lime green state. My father gave me rings growing up and at 3 it was a small peridot I adored.
    I like that room too. Looks very inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Normally I shy away from folks extolling g their religious beliefs, but what you had to say spoke to me. Thank you 😊

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful thoughts from you! Thank you. I have had a difficult day. I jumped the gun and posted my Thankful Thursday posts today. Had to redo everything. But today was my big sis Pat's 21 year in heaven. I miss her so much. But I have my little long haired chi Lulu who turned 4 today to make me smile. I love all your styles too. I think one of my favorite pieces was some French Provincial furniture I bought when I turned 18 and was working a part time and going to college part time.I still have a couple pieces of it. I also have the Sears & Roebuck receipt from 1972. hahaha. A gal I know in ND refurbishes furniture . She does such a wonderful job. I wish I lived close to Shannon. ANyway I loved reading about your style and mainly your faith. WHat beautiful thoguhts you shared. THANK YOU. You sure made this gal smile. God Bless and have a blessed rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love how you said this:My basic rule is if I really love something I will buy it and find a way to fit it in when I get it home. I'm the same way!!! It comes down to what I love or has special meaning.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment. Your comments mean a lot to me and I try to answer them as soon as I can.

Moving Day

Hey everyone, I launched my new blog home today. Nothing fancy...just a little more me, I hope. Come visit me! In My Shoes