February 23, 2022

Currently Thankful

The name of the post should have given you a clue that, while I don't really know how I'm going to do it (just flying by the seat of my pants here), I'm going to be combining my Currently and Thankful Thursday posts. That's because I'm getting around to it late today and tomorrow (Thursday) I have to work all day.

Currently, the weather is a dismal gray and the temperature has fallen from a high in the 50s early this morning to 34. Winter is back again, but I am thankful we had a couple of beautiful days with temperatures in the low 60s...even if it did rain most of yesterday.

I am currently thinking about work and the fact that I turned in my resignation today. My last day is March 9. In doing the math, it just wasn't paying for me to keep working...at least at this job. It pays halfway decently, but I do not get reimbursed for mileage or expenses. I can only deduct those on our taxes and with the price of gas (and everything else) constantly going up, the deductions aren't enough. I am thankful I had the opportunity to work with my clients. Each one of them is very dear to me and I am sure one or two will continue to be a part of my life. I will mostly likely remain unemployed until at least after our vacation in September. I will be able to help with the grands and enjoy the summer with them. Another thing to be thankful for.

What I'm currently reading is "It's Not Supposed to Be This Way" by Lysa TerKeurst. It tells the story of what happened in Lysa's life that led up to her writing "Forgiving What You Can't Forget." I'm thankful for her honesty in sharing her journey and helping so many others.

I'm currently watching, "Blacklist," and the Robertson's (of Duck Dynasty fame) podcast "Unashamed." I just discovered the podcast is on YouTube. I'm thankful for the oddball faith and family message of the Robertson's. I also just learned that Phil has a daughter that he never knew about. Her story of finding out Phil was her father is very similar to my own journey to finding my father.

I'm currently feeling thankful for my pretty boy, Jasper. That could change at any moment because he has a tendency lately to have late night episodes of destruction, knocking things off the kitchen island and counters or, just for fun, tipping over the electric water fountain (that I had to get because he's fussy about his water) and spilling half a gallon of water all over the floor. It's a good thing he's handsome and has his snuggly moments.


I'm thankful for friends old and new. We went out to dinner last night with all the gang from my old Bible study group. It was the first time we'd gotten together since the beginning of January. So much fun! Sitting at the table behind us was my oldest friend and a current neighbor and then in came the wife of one of the elders at my current church. It was a great night of good food and laughter.

Y'all, I am just so thankful. Life is good and God is great! I am always celebrating my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. As long as I have Him in my corner I will carry on and be glad and thankful in every moment.




7 comments:

  1. Hi Stacy, I think you are making a good choice concerning your job. Being an active grandparent is very important! Isn't it nice to be able to go out with friends! I read that book too. Jasper is a pretty cat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although I know your clients/families will be very sad to lose you, I believe you are making the right decision. With gas prices on the rise again I can imagine that adds up for you pretty quickly. Our sons are having to face this reality also as they both commute about 50 miles one way each day to work. Thankfully, our son Scott got another raise yesterday that will compensate him enough to buy another tank of gas each week. His boss doesn't want to lose him. Benton and Rose are self employed with their store, and they just have to pray for more customers to compensate them. But business has been pretty good this month, so they are hopeful. I love that you will be able to help out with your grandchildren (and the new little one that joined them...she will need extra attention too). I love that you have such a wonderful group of Bible study friends and now you are also making new church friends. God is good! And spring IS coming! We will be in the 80's again today and tomorrow. Frankly, I'd prefer the 60's or 70's. but, this is Florida. Take care and stay warm. Jasper is beautiful even if he is mischievous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's sad that you cannot afford to work at a job you enjoy. But I predict you will never regret the hours you spend with the grands. Back in 2004 (feels like a lifetime ago!) I walked away from a job and freelanced for 13 months. It gave me the time and space to decide what I really wanted. Financially it didn't make sense, I suppose, but emotionally? It was the right thing to do and I'm glad I did it.

    Jasper is so handsome! From where I sit, I can see claw marks where my Reynaldo jumped on furniture in his quest to knock things over. He made me crazy, but I miss him furry madness SO MUCH! So enjoy your feline nutcase, knowing you can't separate the good from the bad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I laughed at the "things could change any minute" about jasper - I feel that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Applauding your decision to walk away from that job; I'm sure that came only after lots of soul searching and prayer. While at Wal-Mart yesterday I saw/heard a young woman who must have a like-kind job -- showing her client the stickers on sale and how they could be applied on the water bottle ... reminding her, 'And that's all your money to spend today." Made me smile. Life lessons!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a tough decision for your job. But being practical is smart.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've had jobs that even though I enjoyed the work and the people, I was almost paying them to work there. Yeah, time to move on. So sorry you had to do that too.
    I enjoyed the Currently and Thankful. Very thankful for blogging friends like you. I pray for all of us during my daily prayer walks. Please pray for the people of the Ukraine today. They are in great danger, especially Christians.
    Blessings. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment. Your comments mean a lot to me and I try to answer them as soon as I can.

Moving Day

Hey everyone, I launched my new blog home today. Nothing fancy...just a little more me, I hope. Come visit me! In My Shoes