February 19, 2022

Sunday Stealing

1) What one event from your lifetime would you change if you could, and why?  It's a personal event that I won't go into here. As for why, because it was devastating and I think it changed me at some foundational level and altered my life. But then again, it brought me to today and helped make me who I am now so maybe I wouldn't change it.

2) If you could give one piece of advice to your younger self, what would it be and how old would your younger self be when they got it? Do you think your younger self would listen?  I would tell my younger self to finish college, that marriage could wait a year or two, that I don't need to be in such a rush. I'd be 19 and no, my younger self probably wouldn't listen. I was pretty headstrong and stubborn back then.

3) If you could have a conversation with the historical figure of your choosing, whom would you pick and why? What would you talk about?
  I think I'd choose either Earnest Hemmingway or Teddy Roosevelt. I know Hemmingway was rather a rogue and a cad, but if you weren't romantically involved with him, I think he'd have a lot of interesting stories to tell. Ditto for Teddy. I'd love to hear of their adventures and would be quite content to just listen and let them do all the talking.

4) What's a safety rule that's very important to you?  Wear your seatbelt. Always.

5) What would you like to say to people in the future?  I'm sorry?

6) What's your favorite dish to bring to a summer cookout?  Taco salad

7) How much time have you spent outdoors this week?
  Not that much as we've had a yo-yo weather kind of week and one of the warmer days it POURED all day.

8) Where do you set your thermostat?  I used to set it at 72 during the day and 67 at night, but this year I put it at 70 and just left it there. It seems to be working for us. My husband usually wants to get up and crank the heat to 80, but he hasn't don't that this winter.

9) How did you learn to swim?  Red Cross swimming lessons at the public pool.

10) How do you avoid overheating?  I either stay in the air conditioning or get in the pool.

11). What are you going to do this weekend?  I worked for a bit this afternoon and tomorrow it's breakfast with my husband and the grandkids and then church.

12) What’s your favorite way to spend time?  Reading, puttering on the laptop, or browsing through thrift shops.

13) What’s the most useless thing you own that you would never get rid of?  I probably have a lot of things that fall into that category if you ask anyone other than me, but for the sake of the question I'll say my wedding dress. It's been hanging in the garment bag in the closet for 37 1/2 years. It's not like I'm going to wear it again. It didn't fit my daughter and she didn't like it, anyway. I doubt Leah will want to wear it. Oh well, they can decide what to do with it when I go to the nursing home or die.

14) Have you started planning your next vacation?  Actually, we have. We are going to Chincoteague Island, Virginia in September with our daughter and her family. We've been there several times and I think of it as my happy place, but this will be Colton and Leah's first time. We are excited to get to share it with them. We've already booked the house.



15) Are you very active, or do you prefer to just relax in your free time or is it one and the same to you?  No, I am not very active. I'm good with a normal amount of activity, but I do like to simply relax in my free time, as well. 


Thanks goes to Bev at Sunday Stealing for finding the questions!

9 comments:

  1. I love the house you've booked for your vacation! t is so cute. What fun you will have!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have considered going to Chincoteague a few times but never made it. We're not really "beach" people so there's that. I hope you have a good time, though. And I loved your "I'm sorry" to the people of the future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also have a lot of admiration for Teddy Roosevelt. Your vacation looks great. We spent some time trying to plan some upcoming trips last night. RIght now, we have a trip to Washington D.C. planned for spring break in April. Looking forward to that. See you again soon. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hemingway was a major cat lover. He admired their independence and intelligence. I bet he'd love hearing about your burgeoning love for Jasper.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your #5 made me giggle. I feel that way too, like, maybe we should apologize to the younger generation for leaving such a mess. Human governments are like that though. They all are.
    #12: we have the same likes. I've slowed down a lot these past few years. Not as active as I once was.
    We've been to the Hemingway House in Key West with all the six-toed cats. I recommend a visit if y'all are ever down that way.
    I hope y'all have a wonderful, funfilled vacation. Makes lots more happy memories.
    Blessings. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your island house looks like a great retreat!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've always wanted to visit Chincoteague...the house looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Me, too! Chincoteague, that is. Loved what you said (#3) about simply listening to what your companions have to say. I think many folks are so intent on their own role in the conversation they rarely, actually hear what the other person is saying.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I kind of answered #1 the same way. There are several events in my 79 years that I would lot to change, but when I look at what happened in my life BECAUSE of those events, I would not change them after all.

    Do you go to see the horses on Chincoteague?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment. Your comments mean a lot to me and I try to answer them as soon as I can.

Moving Day

Hey everyone, I launched my new blog home today. Nothing fancy...just a little more me, I hope. Come visit me! In My Shoes