August 1, 2020

Sunday Stealing

I'm linked up with Bev and the gang of "thieves" at Sunday Stealing today.

This from our host, Bev:

Hi! I'm your host Bev Sykes of the blog "Funny the World". . Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent questions. Cheers to all of us thieves!





Stolen from Upstreamlife





1. Name 5 people you admire and why.  
  1. The dementia care coordinator at the nursing home where I used to work. I didn't always agree with her decisions, but I don't know of anyone else who is ALWAYS so happy and positive around the residents or who cares about them more.
  2. A pastor I used to work with. I've never met anyone who more truly lived his life according to what he preached.
  3. Mother Theresa and all those unsung heroes walking in her footsteps. I am inspired by and in awe of those who live so selflessly.
  4. Paul, the rest of the apostles, and anyone else martyred for their faith. Should I ever have to face such circumstances, I hope my faith will stand as strong.
  5. Anyone who can, in these troubled times, present an intelligent, rational case for their beliefs and not resort to ugliness and hate.
2. When was the last time you did something adventurous?  Don't I do that every time I leave the house these days?

3. You felt you got older when _______.  Lots of things have made me aware of the passage of time, but the most recent was the other day. It was my daughter's birthday and she is now the same age I was when she was born.

4. What one thing that could happen today would make you extremely happy?  The swimming pool would be completely done and ready to go. It got a little further than this on Saturday. The top rail is completely on. We need to straiten up the liner a bit, fill it, hook up the filter and pump, and back fill around the base.



5. An experience you don’t want to go through again.  A tornado. 

6. One decision you made that changed your life completely.  Accepting Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. Every aspect of my life is lived through the filter of that.

7. How do you participate in saving the earth?  I try to plan errands so I drive as little as possible. I try to use less electricity, less water, etc. I recycle what I can...our township did away with the recycling program because they couldn't afford to keep it up and we only have one local recycling center and it hasn't reopened yet. I reuse and make do when I can. I try not to dump anything harmful into the sewage system.

8. A gift you would like to get on your next birthday?  My birthday is only 2 weeks away so I don't have any hopes for anything grand (2020 and all), but a gift card for Barnes & Noble or Amazon would be nice.

9. Things you miss about your childhood?  How simple and innocent the times seemed. How people actually got together to do things and TALKED to each other. All the kids in the neighborhood being friends and running around together. Knowing all the adults were watching out for us. Not having to pay bills and be the adult.

10. The greatest invention?  Written language. It makes sharing all the other inventions possible.

11. Your favorite super hero.  Aquaman, but only Jason Momoa's Aquaman.


12. Your views about veganism.  It's not for me, but if you want to eat that way, go for it!

13. If you could be anything else in the world, what would you be?  All I can think of is that I would really enjoy being a book seller or doing something like having an antique shop or what the American Pickers do (my grandfather was a picker but we didn't have a name for it then).

14. How did you parents meet?  My mother and my biological father? My mom and my adoptive father? I have no idea in either case.

15. Your morning routine.  Since I'm not working these days and Covid-19 has closed a lot of the world my mornings are pretty slow. I usually get up, take the dog out, do my Bible study time, and then check in with Facebook and the blog.

18 comments:

  1. I agree with Bev, I loved your answer to #9.
    Have a great Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you gotta grill your mom and get those meet-cute stories. I had to ask my mom, but I'm glad I did because my nieces and nephews love the story of how their grandparents met.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm kind of afraid what her answer might be. I know she doesn't have any good feelings about my bio father and he has already says he doesn't remember how they met. And the last couple of years she has been saying a lot about my adoptive dad being controlling so I don't know what she'd have to say about him, either.

      Delete
  3. I can't imagine what it's like having to go through a tornado.

    Hopefully I will never find out.

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super answers! In particular I like #1(5). That pool looks soooo inviting. Who's first?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Myra! We're letting Colton claim first. He was in it with his dad "working" yesterday.

      Delete
  5. I hope you get the pool squared away and have a lot of years of happiness using it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ann. It's filling up as I'm sitting here. Tim will hook up the skimmer and pump tomorrow night and Tuesday we should be good to go!

      Delete
  6. Yes, definitely Jason Momoa's Aquaman. He doesn't look at all like the comic book Aquaman with orange top and blonde hair that stayed in place as he zoomed paddled under the sea. lol
    I don't have children, but I do think about where Mama was and what she may have been doing when I reached her age.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, not like the comic book Aquaman at all. He took Aquaman from being the lamest super hero to being the hunkiest! lol

      Delete
  7. Yes the carefree days of playing with the neighbor hood kids. My grandpa would come over and if the ice cream man was around, he would by twin pops for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We didn't have an ice cream man, but someone would inevitably break out a box of popsicles in the evening.

      Delete
  8. We had a tornado yesterday! It was the first one I know of in our county. We didn't get hit - actually, no one did, apparently, because it followed the path of Catawba Creek. Lots of great photos out there from it, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first one I experienced blew through our neighborhood (same one I live in now) in 1976. It would hit a house or two, skip over a few, or zigzag then it jumped the highway and took out all the houses on one side of a street. And on the new scale...it was only an F0 or possibly, just barely and F1. I can't even imagine an F5.

      Delete
  9. Yes to your #9. We were blessed, weren't we! This was an interesting SS and I think you put a lot more thought in your answers than I did! Have a good week!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we were blessed...and we didn't have to worry about our dumber moments ending up online for all the world to see.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment. Your comments mean a lot to me and I try to answer them as soon as I can.

Moving Day

Hey everyone, I launched my new blog home today. Nothing fancy...just a little more me, I hope. Come visit me! In My Shoes