July 31, 2020

Saturday 9: Moonlighting

Saturday 9: Moonlighting (1985)
 
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) Moonlighting was an award-winning comedy-drama that ran from 1985 to 1989. Are you familiar with the show? Were you a fan?  Oh my, YES! The show put Bruce Willis on my radar and I had a huge crush on him at the time. I was never a fan of Cybill Shepherd, though.

2) The series revolved around The Blue Moon Detective Agency in Los Angeles. There have been countless TV shows and movies about detectives and their cases, yet Crazy Sam doesn't know anyone who has ever hired a private investigator. How about you? Have you ever had anything or anyone investigated?  No, and I don't know anyone who has, either. 

3) The agency was named Blue Moon because one of the owners, Maddie Hayes, was a model known as The Blue Moon Girl, famous for promoting Blue Moon Shampoo. If we were to rename their detective agency based on the shampoo you most recently used, what would it be called?  Infusium. Sounds kind of 80's don't you think?

4) Cybill Shepherd played Maddie Hayes. Cybill believes we can all find romance many times and said she considers the concept of one true love as "dramatic treacle." Do you agree?  Not really. I believe we can be "attracted" to others many times over, but true love, I believe, is a choice that has to be made and recommitted to each day. Love doesn't just happen, attraction does. Love is work. It's worth it, though!

5) David Addison was played by Bruce Willis. At the beginning of his career he couldn't support himself as a actor and held down part-time jobs as a security guard, shuttle bus driver and bartender. How many different occupations have you had?  Factory worker, retail store clerk, cashier, office assistant, school bus driver, activities aide. Six.

6) The Moonlighting theme was co-written and performed by Al Jarreau. While in college, Al planned on being a career counselor. Yet once he began performing with a jazz trio, he knew that music was where his heart was. Tell us about a time you found joy from an unexpected source.  Serving as a volunteer youth leader and then youth director at a church. I got called on to do sooooo many things that were outside of my comfort zone, but I loved every minute of it.

7) Moonlighting was created by Glenn Gordon Caron. ABC gave him the opportunity based on his work on Remington Steele and Taxi. Of these three shows -- Moonlighting, Remington Steele and Taxi -- which would you prefer to binge watch?  Probably Taxi. It was by far the funniest of the three.

8) In 1985, the year Moonlighting premiered, Coca Cola introduced The New Coke. It was not successful and disappeared from store shelves quickly. What's the most recent beverage you drank?  Diet Coke with a twist of lime.

9) Random question  -- Each day, do you put more time into improving your mind or your appearance?  I'd say it's definitely my mind, but I should put more effort into exercise and diet...which would improve my appearance.


I'm linked up with Crazy Sam
@ the Saturday 9.
You can join in the fun here.

21 comments:

  1. I could have written your answer to #1. For some reason, Moonlighting is not available to stream! Not on Amazon or Netflix or Hulu or ... No one seems to have a reason, either, though I did stumble on a rumor that says one of the nostalgia networks (MeTV or Antenna) may air it someday. But even the person who posted that was just guessing. What happened to Moonlighting is a mystery worthy of Maddie and David.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is Remmington Steele available? I don't think I've ever seen it, either.

      Delete
  2. I can't find Infusium here, sadly. I use too use that when I had long, thick hair. I enjoyed your answers, Stacy. Have a great day friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of the three shampoos and conditioners I use. It's in the mix because Walmart doesn't always have the other two and I hate paying the drug store prices.

      Delete
  3. I see so many young people who don't work at love, they are quick to throw up their arms and walk out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. The younger generation gives up too easily...and not just on love.

      Delete
  4. that's when I discovered how funny and cute Bruce willis was... then he got nasty in movies after that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? He was so witty and charming on Moonlighting.

      Delete
  5. What a perfect response to #4! Wish I'd realized that many moons ago. Aside from a part-time gig as limo driver, I've only ever been employed as an admin/secretary. Keeping in my comfort zone, I suppose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A limo driver? Did you ever drive anyone famous?

      Delete
  6. I agree with your #4. Love can be hard work at times! Romance is fleeting. My Joe is not romantic at all. Not at all. But our love is huge. I love Moonlighting and Bruce Willis. I have looked for reruns of Moonlighting and haven't found any yet. Probably because Bruce & Cybill don't want them out there - don't get money for them. Loved Taxi and those reruns are out there. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw..."our love is huge." I absolutely LOVE that!

      Delete
  7. I was such a Bruce Willis fan--he was so rascally!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Infusium sounds like a great 80's bar! Let's go! I loved your answers! Have a great weekend.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Can't you just hear some techno music playing and lots of pink neon?

      Delete
  9. I misread your job listing initially and, apparently in a fit of dyslexia, thought you'd written "sex aid" down. That certainly made me take a second look to see my mistake! LOL. Hope you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well now! I'd have a pretty interesting resume, wouldn't I? LOLOLOL

      Delete
  10. You've had some good jobs. Being a youth director can be a lot of fun. I've done that before in addition to being the Pastor's wife...which was the harder job. LOL. (and no pay!, but the benefits are heavenly!) We will celebrate 51 years of marriage this month. It's been challenging, but I am so thankful we have had each other through these years. I can't imagine having to start over and pray I never have to! I would like to be "romanced" a bit like going out on a real date again...but hubby just doesn't get it...so that's okay. It's wonderful to snuggle up each night and sleep in peace. Have a blessed rest of your weekend. I hope the pool is almost done?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment. Your comments mean a lot to me and I try to answer them as soon as I can.

Moving Day

Hey everyone, I launched my new blog home today. Nothing fancy...just a little more me, I hope. Come visit me! In My Shoes