July 31, 2020

Friday Thoughts & Thanks

So my attempts to post for Thankful Thursday left me spitting and sputtering (and possibly calling Blogger some not so nice names). I do believe the new format has it in for me. I never did get that post done and I've decided to revert to the old format for now. My hope is that by the time they drag me kicking and screaming into the new one later in August that they will have all the kinks worked out. That said, today's post is a brain-dump of the things I'm thankful for, but didn't get to share yesterday, and any random thunks rolling around in my head.

Here we go!

** I rode along with my mom to donate some books to a library 30 miles away (our libraries are not open yet and not having used book sales). They were so excited. They found 14 books in the bags that they wanted for their regular collection. After that and hearing how far we'd come to donate they let us into the room they were storing all the donated books in. They told us to use the big tote bags we'd brought books in and fill them up...$5 per bag! Big win for everyone!

** Tim saw the urologist this week. The news wasn't great. She put him on a med for an enlarged prostate and ordered a CT-scan of his kidneys, bladder, and prostate. He's had problems with kidney stones for years, a couple of years ago he had to have a pretty large bladder stone removed, we know there's a "spot" on one of his kidneys that needs watching, but the prostate stuff is new. Apparently, he's going to get either a procedure done at the office or surgery, it just depends on what the scan shows. Exactly what it's for, he can't (or possibly won't) say. Sigh. But, at least he is going and getting treatment.

** Six tons of sand are being delivered this morning. That's step one in putting up the pool on our own. Thankfully, our son-in-law and a friend of his are going to help Tim all day on Saturday and maybe Sunday. Tim is hoping a guy from work will help, too, but hasn't gotten an answer yet. I am so grateful to the young guys for coming to help since most of our friends and our generation of the family are in the same physical condition we are...to old and worn out to do it on our own.

** Wednesday was our little Leah's first birthday. How is it possible an entire year has gone by...especially when half of it was this year? She had a wonderful day even though her party was 2 weeks ago. Mommy and Daddy held their gifts until her actual birthday and (this is just the sweetest thing) Daddy started a tradition. He brought her one red rose and promised her he would bring her one for every year old she is on every birthday. I gave Leah the sterling silver baby ring my aunt had given to me. 


** Tonight we are taking everyone to the restaurant in our little local airport. It's a little bit nicer than the usual and it marks the first time we've all been out to dinner together since this year went down the tubes. We're celebrating all the birthdays and anniversaries we couldn't do anything about when everything was closed down. 

We talked about not having the kids along, but I think they will bring Colton, at least, because he loves planes and has never seen them up close. I found out yesterday that my stepdad isn't thrilled. I feel so bad. The way he talks about masks and the virus, we all thought he was one who wasn't very bothered by any of it. Mom tells me he's actually quite nervous, which I get since he's 79 and has several medical issues. He didn't want to cancel, though. I'm glad I know for sure that this is a restaurant that sticks to the guidelines for safety.

I guess that's it for now. There are other things I could mention, but that sand is coming soon and right after that, I'm babysitting the kiddos for a bit while Mom and Dad go grocery shopping.

Happy Friday, y'all!



12 comments:

  1. Stacy, I'll IM you about Tim.

    Our library isn't open either, finding a job is just ... well...never mind...I just want to cry and I do everyday. The bottom line, the state government really doesn't care for the people and it shows. This is a never ending shut down and mask wearing society now.

    Happy sweet birthday to your granddaughter, smiles. Have fun eating out, smiles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, sweet friend. Better days are coming. Maybe not in this life, but they are coming.

      Delete
  2. I, too, am sooooo disgusted at the new Blogger. You think they'd take steps to ensure no hiccups before rolling it out? (Oh, never mind. Silly me. This IS still 2020.) That's a wonderful photo of Leah, and I love your son-in-law's new tradition. Praying that whatever's going on with Tim is quickly discovered and resolved. Have a large time tonight at that restaurant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, thank you....we had a grand time tonight!

      Delete
  3. Oh I hope you can get your pool installed this weekend. It sure has been a long time coming, and summer is almost over! I hope you will still have some good hot days to enjoy it before the cold weather rolls in. Of course, for me, I'd love some cold weather to roll in instead of that hurricane that is supposed to come up the coast this weekend. Praying it stays offshore and does no harm. Your Leah's birthday gifts are really special and sweet. I hope your family has a great time going out to dinner and that even your Step Dad will feel relaxed and enjoy it. We all need to celebrate SOMETHING!! Praying for your Tim. Hope he gets some good answers and that they are able to take care of whatever the real issues may be. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Take care and may God bless you richly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The guys are planning to go ahead...though the forecast is for rain. :(
      Dinner was a wonderful time and my stepdad did enjoy himself, I think.

      Delete
  4. Apparently wordpress which I use is up to the same tricks with a new editor... if it ain't broke why fix it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They all do it from time to time. Some switches go better than others. I've been on Wordpress and left it before.

      Delete
  5. I am frustrated with the 'new' blogger too. I posted Saturday 9 yesterday and wanted to edit it... can't get to it to edit. I may have to start over. Grrrrr.... why do 'they' do this to us? Have fun playing in the sand this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And why did they have to do it THIS year? It's like salt on a wound. LOL

      Delete
  6. HOW CAN IT BE A YEAR ALREADY?????
    Yahoo on finally some progress for your pool!
    I hate when doctor's news isn't always the best - but at least you all are on top of things.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment. Your comments mean a lot to me and I try to answer them as soon as I can.

Moving Day

Hey everyone, I launched my new blog home today. Nothing fancy...just a little more me, I hope. Come visit me! In My Shoes