August 13, 2020

Thankful Thursday

It's a little bit cooler today and they are calling for thunderstorms this afternoon. We could use the rain, but I hope it's not so heavy it runs off rather than soaking in. There really isn't anything on the agenda today, so I'm getting at this early and linking up with Rebecca Jo @ Knit By God's Hand for Thankful Thursday.

This week I am thankful...

** as I remember today would have been my adoptive father's 92nd birthday, that I am finally at a place of peace with the relationship we had.

** that no one was yelling for help last night. Wait, let me explain. About an hour after he went to bed last night Tim came running out of the bedroom and headed for the door. When I asked what he was doing he said he had heard someone yelling for help outside. Holy crap! I rushed out behind him and we stood out there listening for a while. Nothing. Tim walked around a bit. Nothing. It was actually very quiet out. He finally accepted my suggestion that maybe he'd been dreaming and came back in. He is a very vivid dreamer and he used to have all kinds of things go on in the night. It's been a while.

** I discovered Mediterranean Life on Hulu. It's an HGTV House Hunter's show set all around the Mediterranean. Duh. I don't know that I will ever get there, but it's the part of the world I'd most like to see. It's so beautiful! I love getting to see so many different areas on the show.

** my friend and Bible study teacher is feeling much better. She had come down with a nasty UTI last week, which threw her for a loop to begin with. Then the meds made her mouth break out in blisters. She was feeling awful and in pain. It hurt to even drink water. She got new meds and is feeling much, much better.

** to be enjoying time with the grands in the pool every day.

** the diet plan the doctor and I came up with seems to be doable and I've found an online community for support and it's rich with advice for handling that sick feeling that seems to be common when you get started on a very low carb diet. They call it Keto-flu.

** for a stash of good books and lots of time to read.

** summer fresh local fruits and veggies. Yum!

** everyone continues to be healthy and virus free.

** and as always, for each one of you!


5 comments:

  1. Keto Flu is a legit thing. Any time you really change your diet, your body reacts - which is crazy to think.
    I had one of the worst UTI's few years ago & I'm still scarred by it. It was awful.
    that's crazy your husband heard that. I'm sure that shook him up. Hopefully he got some rest after that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anytime one changes their diet, your body will react to it. Yikes on Tim, I hope he got some rest after that.

    It says 59* here this morning, it is suppose to warm up to 86*. No rain in our forecast, please send it this way, smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its going to be 99 today and 105 by Saturday! There is a storm off baja and so we will have humidity too. Giving up sugar is not easy. Enjoy your pool time!
    Thankful for meeting you too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't heard of Keto-flu but have done low-carb diets a few times. Hope it doesn't hit you too hard! Scary about Tim's dream seeming so real. I'm glad your pool is bring you and the kiddos so much fun now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tim's dream sounds scary! I'm glad you were able to reassure him that it was just a dream, poor guy. Yes to local fruits and veggies! We bought some this weekend and they were SO good!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment. Your comments mean a lot to me and I try to answer them as soon as I can.

Moving Day

Hey everyone, I launched my new blog home today. Nothing fancy...just a little more me, I hope. Come visit me! In My Shoes