August 14, 2020

My Week in Books

Books I finished:



Reading now:


From the cover:

When the body of a young Vietnamese woman is discovered alongside the interstate in Wyoming's Absaroka County, Sheriff Walt Longmire finds only one suspect, Virgil White Buffalo, a Crow with a troubling past. In what begins as an open-and-shut case, Longmire gets a lot more than he had bargained for when a photograph in the young woman's purse connects her to an investigation that Longmire tackled forty years ago as a young Marine investigator in Vietnam.

First lines:

"Two more."
Cady looked at me but didn't say anything.

Page 56:

"These people have one of the strongest warrior ethics of anyone I have ever met."

Also reading now:






Will probably read next:


With all eyes on the U.S. Embassy's new home in Jerusalem - the only place on earth called the City of God - the world is witnessing the fulfillment of God's Covenant with His chosen people. This move has escalated the conversation around the U.S. - Israel relationship, including whether peace in that region is possible and what it all means for Christians watching these events unfold.

In Earth's Last Empire Pastor John Hagee unpacks biblical prophecy and thousands of years of history, revealing that while the world may be in crisis mode, there is One who is coming to take His rightful place on the final throne in His Eternal Kingdom.

8 comments:

  1. It is always interesting to see what my blogging friends are reading! Thanks for the info!! Keep us posted on how the Keto is going!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, lots of good books there. That last one really sounds good. The news certainly makes us pay attention to the "REAL STORY" that is unfolding behind the scenes. God is in control, and I am thankful to be a part of His Kingdom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a lot of reading! I mostly read my Bible. That last book looks interesting. Did you ever read the Left Behind series! Have a relaxing weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did read the Left Behind books. I enjoyed the first few, but then thought they were sacrificing quality writing to just get them cranked out to the market. I stuck with them, though, because I had to read about Jesus coming back!

      Delete
  4. I like Beth Moore and John Hagee and have several of their books on my shelf. If you like prophecy Jonathan Cahn has some great books too. I'm still reading Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers. I started it and put it down, just now getting back to it, it's a great story. Hope your weekend is happy and blessed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've read Jonathan Cahn's books. He sure gives you a lot to think about!

      Delete
  5. I have that Beth Moore study - I need to do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which of the Beth Moore studies? I liked Entrusted a lot. Children of the Day I've had for a while and I've tried to do it a couple of times before and just couldn't get into it. I guess I just had to wait for the right time because I'm liking it this time.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment. Your comments mean a lot to me and I try to answer them as soon as I can.

Moving Day

Hey everyone, I launched my new blog home today. Nothing fancy...just a little more me, I hope. Come visit me! In My Shoes