August 11, 2020

Tuesday 4: Singing in the Rain

Linking up with Annie for the Tuesday 4. Always in memory of its creator Toni Taddeo.


“But blessed is the one who trusts in the LORD, whose confidence is in him. They will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit”  Jeremiah 17:7-8


1. What kind of weather pleases you the most?  Well, if I had to pick just one kind of weather I'd choose a beautiful sunny fall day with temperatures in the 50's. But in the right mood I love a good thunderstorm or snow storm.

2. Do rainy days bother you or do you find them a time to relax and take it easy?  Any puddle jumping in your life?  Rainy days don't bother me unless I have something to do that requires be to be out running around in them. Otherwise, I like the coccooned feeling. I usually relax with a good book or pop some popcorn and indulge in a good chick flick. No puddles this summer. With few exceptions it's been very dry.

3. Do you have meals you enjoy in certain kinds of weather or certain seasons? Please share with us?  We definitely enjoy lighter meals in warm weather and richer, more savory foods in colder weather. I can't say that there is a specific recipe that is only for a certain season or type of weather, though. 

4.As the prophet Jeremiah tells us,  It is a good idea to bloom where you are planted. How do you handle stormy weather and does a day need to be sunny for you to enjoy it? Why not give us hints on enjoying any kind of weather.  Well, we aren't exactly in tornado alley, but our area does get a fair amount of smaller tornadoes and micro bursts. So, when the sky gets dark (or the conditions are right for pop up thunderstorms) you will find me tuned into the weather reports. While I enjoy a good storm, I still want to know when it's time to seek shelter. Hints? I don't think I have any beyond advising to look for the beauty and wonder of God's creation.

16 comments:

  1. I love cool sunny days too, although cool to me here in Florida means 70s weather, 50s is way too cold for us Floridians lol. We don't have many tornadoes here but as soon I as see dark skies or hear thunder I tune right in to the weather channel. Once I hear there is a tropical depression during hurricane season I binge watch the weather channel day and night!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We lived in FL the first couple of years we were married. I remember the first time it dipped down into the 60's and people were running around with winter coats on and we were like "what's wrong with these people?" LOL Our brother-in-law always insisted FL cold was colder than PA cold because it was a "wet" cold and chilled you to your bones. I don't think I heard him say it again after they moved up here and he went through a few winters.

      Delete
  2. As a survivor of numerous storms/hurricanes and one EF 5 tornado, I am keenly aware of the sky, and the weather, just saying...anyways...not that we have the worry now. Although, at times, it has gotten "sketchy" here in western NY.

    Have a great day friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It gets sketchy here quite a bit. More than it used to thanks to climate change, I guess. A lot of our weather patterns are different now. It seems every big thunderstorm comes with warnings of hail and high winds or tornadoes and microbursts have become a big thing.

      Delete
  3. I love all the seasons, but don't like driving in the winter...slippery roads, poor visibility, ugh. Even if I stay home, I know my older kids will be driving, so I pray a lot. Autumn is beautiful in NY, and summer is pretty much perfect, barefoot, just lovely. I also do fasting and Keto. I've done Keto on and off for a few years, then started eating only lunch and dinner about a year ago, then cut out lunch most days...if I do have two meals now, the first one is eggs, as they are so good for you. I eat lots of meat, some veggies, and very few carbs, ideally...but they can sneak in a after a while. I am re-comitting, again, ha. When I eat NO sugar, very low carb, my cravings go away, I feel better, and even if the scale slows down, my clothes fit better. I have healed my fatty liver this way! ((I'm 55, and was very heavy for very many years). Anyway, sorry to hijack the comments here, have a fantastic day!!!
    Della

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't apologize! We are the same age (at least until Saturday) and Keto is new to me so I love hearing what you have to say.

      Delete
  4. Looking for the beauty and wonder of God's creation is
    one thing we do too and I don't think many people do this (Sigh).
    We have all four seasons here, but my favorites are Spring and Fall.
    I really enjoyed your answers.
    Have a good Tuesday my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you are right, Gloria. We spend too much time looking at one screen or another.

      Delete
  5. Living in Missouri you can tell when the weather is right for a tornado. It is freaky and I hate it. It is humid and I know it is always humid, but it is different. There is the wind shear too. They prepare you here to know what to be looking for. Then there is the green sky. I have only seen a green sky once during a tornado, but they do happen.
    I love your answers to #1 , that is a great recess temperature. I have to stand out in the weather all of the time, so it makes a difference on what my favorite is. Love your answers! Have a nice Tuesday!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, it's like that here too. Some storms I am fine with and others there's just that feeling you talk about. I've seen the green sky a few times, but only went through the actual tornado once. A green sky sends me to the basement!

      Delete
  6. Hubby always watches the weather report. I just check my Iphone. We don't get wild tornadoes here. We get hot in the summer and it will be 103 by Friday. At least it is dry with no humidity. I would be at the beach more often if I was closer. It is 37 miles to the beach we went to for our anniversary yesterday. Any pool pictures to share?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be so nice to live near the beach. I wouldn't care for the 103, though. No pool pictures yet. It's always been my daughter and I in there with the kids and our hands are full.

      Delete
  7. My love for fierce thunderstorms would be predicated by a weather report too, if we lived in tornado valley! Whoa! We did that horrible derecho several years ago..No thank you, one in a life time is enough!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never even heard of a derecho before today. Do they happen very often?

      Delete
  8. I am with you on looking for the beauty in nature. Makes a difference to your life if you do. I think we stole all the rain from you. I've never seen so many thunderstorms in a summer as this year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Interesting questions today and I have enjoyed everyone's answers. I am glad to be done with snow and ice. I lived 100 yards from Lake Erie for four years. Too old and too used to Florida now. Enjoy that pool!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment. Your comments mean a lot to me and I try to answer them as soon as I can.

Moving Day

Hey everyone, I launched my new blog home today. Nothing fancy...just a little more me, I hope. Come visit me! In My Shoes