September 14, 2020

Presenting Monday Madness

This morning I'm happy to be linking up to a brand new meme, Monday Madness. MM is the result of a partnership between Bud and Mimi. It's an easy 10 questions per week and they promise not to ask yes/no questions or silly questions like what are you wearing. So, here we go...

1. You are at a party in a very bad mood. There is an obnoxious guest with a camera snapping pictures of everyone in sight. Do you allow the photographs or ask them to stop?  It would depend on how obnoxious they were and how bad my mood was. I can usually ignore things like that so both things would have to be really bad for me to say something.

2. You are on your way to a formal affair and running late. You are the guest speaker at this event and everyone is waiting for you. A police officer pulls you over for speeding. Do you make up a wild excuse or truthfully tell him where you are going and try to talk your way out of the citation? Tell us your tall taleI would apologize for my reckless driving and admit the truth. Past experience tells me that would get me done and on my way again much sooner...and sometimes it puts the officer in a good enough mood to let you go with a warning.

3. When you drive down memory lane for the last two years of your life and look in the rear-view mirror, do you see a happy journey or a bumpy ride?  The last 2 years? It was mainly a happy journey...at least until March when the whole world got turned upside down.

4. Who makes you laugh when no one else can?  My grandchildren. They can pull me right out of the foulest of moods and as they get older their personalities are emerging. They are gifted comedians at times.

5. What are your superpowers?  Just call me Captain Procrastination!

6. What is the last thing you memorized?  My new Wi-Fi password.

7. Tell us something you once took that you wish you could give back?  All the years of controlling and criticizing I took from my adopted dad. It took a long time to overcome the mess in my head from it.

8. The iPhone just gave birth to the next generation of phones. What would you name them?   How about the idon't-really-need-a-new-phone-but-Apple-says-I-do?

9. How much mystery should be in a relationship? Is it a good thing or not?  I think there should be a little mystery just to keep things interesting, but not too much or you risk trust issues. I do have to say that after 36 years of marriage there isn't a lot of mystery left.

10. What is your weekend blogging routine?  Until recently, I posted Saturday 9 on Friday night and then did my visiting and commenting Saturday morning. Saturday night I would post Sunday Stealing and then visit on Sunday morning. I just recently decided to give up Sunday Stealing to give myself a day off...and also because the questions were often weird, dumb or repetitive.


12 comments:

  1. Thanks for playing, Stacy. It seems we all have issues with the iPhone policies.
    Grandchildren bring such joy. Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, after 37 years there isn't much mystery left in a marriage, although sometimes he still surprises me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL after 31-32 years of marriage there is no mystery either--none, zip; let's see-was there for my c section, was there for the hysterectomy and so on...so, yeah, no mysteries...but surprises, well, now he is the king of them, LOLOLOL.

    Have a great ay friend, I like this meme. smiles

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, to avoid being repetitive, you often have to go with weird. Sorry 'bout that. YOU try doing this and making all questions appealing to everyone after a year or more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. #7 -- I'm so sorry that happened to you. But I bet it helped you be a better parent yourself, right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome take on #7, Stacy. My last boss was a master gas-lighter/manipulator who excelled at making me feel I was at fault. Not until I walked away could I see her for what she really is.
    Hahahaha on #8!

    ReplyDelete
  7. #10... I sometimes shake my head at the Sunday Stealing questions too, and opt out now and then. I think you just gave me permission to stop it, period! I did opt out on the new Monday Madness because Monday is the only day of the week I don't do a meme. I enjoyed your answers, Stacy. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had a similar situation with my husband's family, but I had to forgive them and move on. They never did apologize for being so ugly, but I don't want to spend any more time being upset about it. Good for you for doing the same! I do think I learned a lesson on how to forgive, but also to be able to limit them in my life...setting boundaries maybe? Loved your answers! Happy Monday!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Captain Procrastination - thats funny!
    I cant remember ANY passwords. I'm the worst at it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yep, I'm bad at procrastination too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am impressed that you memorized the WiFi password. They are usually so weird. I have a long list of passwords and usernames. It gets rather confusing sometimes. I just hope I don't lose the list. I don't do all the daily meme things. I just can't keep up with them and would rather do my own thing or none at all. But I enjoy reading other people's answers to see how different everyone is. And when it comes to mystery in marriage, try 51 years! There are times I think my hubby still doesn't really know me, or vice versa, but we know the most important things and we love each other and couldn't do without the other, so that is what matters most. Your answers were good. And procrastination is something I just keep putting off doing something about. LOL.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment. Your comments mean a lot to me and I try to answer them as soon as I can.

Moving Day

Hey everyone, I launched my new blog home today. Nothing fancy...just a little more me, I hope. Come visit me! In My Shoes