September 1, 2020

Tuesday 4 Celebrates September


Good morning and Happy September!  It's the start of the most wonderful season of the year (in my humble opinion, anyway), so I'm excited that the Tuesday 4 is all about September today.

1.What memories does September bring back to you of school, autumn, songs, movies? Would you share with us?  I don't have a lot of memories specific to September and other than the start of the school year and football games, my strongest memories are not happy ones. The sharpest September memories are of the helicopter crash I wrote of a couple of weeks ago, the second Johnstown flood in 1978, and of course, the terrorist attacks of September 11.

2. September is the first of what are called the "ber" months. and the end of summer and beginning of autumn. Which do you enjoy more, summer or autumn and why?  Autumn! I like everything about it. The cooler temps, the smell of leaves on the ground, fresh picked apples and apple cider, bonfires, heartier foods, cozy sweaters and fleeces, boots, hayrides, festivals, corn mazes, the gorgeous colors, and of course....PUMPKIN SPICE EVERYTHING!

3.Have you ever gone apple or pumpkin picking or gone into a corn maze? What was that like?  Yep. I've done all of them. I love the smells and tastes of apple picking. Pumpkin picking is just fun...roaming through the pumpkin patch looking for the perfect pumpkin. And corn mazes are a blast! I prefer the ones where you follow clues and have to fill in answers on a paper to win a prize, but some people like the "haunted" ones. I'm just too big of a wimp.

4.Are fall weekends different for you than summer weekends? What do you enjoy in autumn?  In a normal year they are different. Who knows about this year? I feel more alive in the fall, so at least that should still be the same. What I like is all the stuff mentioned above and also, football games and festivals and shorter days...I'm weird that way. I like the coziness of the darker evenings and candles.



September by Earth, Wind & Fire
You're welcome!

8 comments:

  1. I forgot to mention yesterday how much I love your header, Stacy. Makes me smile. I enjoyed your answers. I hope you have a beautiful day, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your Fall look.
    I enjoyed all of your answers.
    Have a great Tuesday my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a great list of fall things to enjoy, I love them all!! In my part of Texas it's usually late October before we really see and feel fall It's great just knowing it's almost here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember when September 11th happened. I got up and it was so close to my birthday, people were still leaving me messages in my guestbook on my county graphics website. I was looking at those and then a country graphics friend who lives in Australia sent an email saying "what is going on in the U.S.? That was scary, so I turned on the tv and the first plane had already hit. They were talking about it, I was like...surely that was an accident....but how sad. Then the second one hit. You know how everything unfolded. I will never ever forget that day. The sky was perfectly clear and sunny. I still see a clear sky and call it a September 11th sky.
    I know why you mean about the dark mornings and nights. I kind of enjoy the quiet of driving to work in the dark and home in the dark. It sure is hard for me to get up when it looks like night though. Anyway, loved your answers! Have a nice Tuesday!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, how I love Earth Wind and Fire!! My kind of music! I think most of us feel the same about Fall... even those of us living in Florida!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the longer nights..time to cozy up with a warm throw and a good lengthy book!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I love that you live in PA and can enjoy all the special sights and smells of September and autumn in general. We miss out on so much of that here in Florida, but we try to make it happen anyway...just don't have any apple orchards to go to. I have seen pumpkin patches, just not where they are grown, and corn mazes too. I just don't go to them. But yes, I love the coolness and coziness of fall. Even here. Have a blessed and happy September!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The song by Earth wind fire was the first thing I thought of when writing the questions. I love pumpkin spice too. Especially the coffee!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment. Your comments mean a lot to me and I try to answer them as soon as I can.

Moving Day

Hey everyone, I launched my new blog home today. Nothing fancy...just a little more me, I hope. Come visit me! In My Shoes