October 30, 2020

Saturday 9: This Haunted House

I'm linking up today with Sam and the gang for some spooky fun with the Saturday 9.

Saturday 9: This Haunted House (1964)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) Loretta Lynn wrote this song to help her cope with the sudden death of her friend, Patsy Cline. When they first met, Patsy was already a star and she helped Loretta become established. Did you more recently advise or receive advice?  I found myself in the roll of advisor recently when a friend's father passed away. Her family was no help to her and having been through the process of funeral planning several times, I ended up walking her through everything.

2) She sings that Patsy's is the face she sees when she turns out the light. Do you remember who or what you were thinking about when you fell asleep last night?  Not really, but I was probably thinking about the follow up appointment Tim had with his doctor this morning.

3) Loretta maintains her TN ranch is haunted. She says "the moaning woman" is a harmless apparition, dressed in white. Do you believe in ghosts?  No, not in the way most people think of them. I believe there are things we don't understand in the world and I believe in a spiritual realm, but I don't believe the souls of people who have died stay and hang out.

4) Loretta Lynn's ranch is now open to the public. In addition to horseback riding, fishing and camping, Loretta's ranch features shops that sell locally-sourced jams, jellies and sauces, as well as Loretta Lynn CDs and "Coal Miner's Daughter" glassware and t-shirts. Have you ever brought home an edible souvenir? Or do you prefer to remember your trips with something more lasting, like a coffee mug or t-shirt?  Usually, I prefer something more lasting, but I don't rule out something yummy. For instance, I wouldn't mind bringing back a lot of lobster, shrimp, and crab when I visit the shore. And I almost always bring back something yummy when I visit Lancaster, PA and all the Amish shops.

5) According to Reader's Digest, The Exorcist is the scariest movie of all time. Have you seen it, and if so, did it scare you?  No, I haven't and I have no intention of ever seeing it. I don't like horror movies at all and far too many people have told me how terrifying it is.

6) Which do you find spookier: haunted houses or cemeteries?  Probably the houses in general, but I honestly wouldn't want to be caught in either one at night. 

7) What's the most recent Halloween costume you wore?  I don't remember. It would have been a couple of years ago...my last Halloween as a bus driver. I always dressed up for the kids. I can't remember what the last costume was. Maybe a bus stop mom? (In my jammies, robe, slippers, hair up in a messy ponytail, coffee mug...)

8) When you were a kid, did you trade your Halloween candy with siblings or friends?  I don't have siblings and until I was in jr. high we never lived anywhere where there were friends nearby, but for that last year or two I sure did trade.
 
9) Random question: You meet your very friendly new neighbor. She invites you over for a "get acquainted" cup of coffee tomorrow afternoon and you accept. Then you learn that she was once on trial for an axe murder ... but acquitted. Would you still go over to her house?  I would definitely pray about it and if I felt God was telling me it was okay I probably would...but I'd probably take someone with me. Just in case.



15 comments:

  1. Hi Stacy - fun post. You are braver than I am - no way would I go over to have coffee with a neighbor who had been accused of murder. I think I watch too many Datelines. Have a Happy Halloween. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know how thrilled I'd be, but I probably wouldn't be too scared if someone was with me. The neighbor was supposed to have been acquitted so maybe she's not a murderer? Better to stay on her good side! LOL

      Delete
  2. My iPad is playing games.. maybe it’s the ghost come back for Halloween. Anyway... your costume for the kids sound so perfect! Lol. Happy Halloween! 🎃

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah...you should have seen my crazy cat lady costume, Zippi!

      Delete
  3. #7 -- I wore that same costume once! Wig with curlers, ugly print housecoat and formidable furry slippers. I kept the housecoat and wore it when I dyed my own hair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great, cheap costume. I didn't buy anything new but the slippers so I made sure I picked a pair I really wanted.

      Delete
  4. Your new blot design is cute! :)

    I never think of going as a bus stop mom--that would be a simple costume to put together. I usually say I'm a cranky teacher.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Cranky teacher would be easy and cheap to do, as well. I think I did the bus stop mom because it was cold and miserable that year. And there I was all comfy and cozy. I remember one driver asking "Are you really wearing your pajamas?" and when I confirmed that I was she was like, "I totally hate you right now." LOL

      Delete
  5. We don't celebrate Halloween.
    I enjoyed your answers.
    Have a happy Halloween however you do or do not participate my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a godsend you were to your friend on #1! I know that was a huge relief to her.
    I quit watching scary horror movies too. I watched them when I was younger though. Loved your answers. Happy Halloween!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would not be eager to visit someone who could have been an axe murderer either!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your bus stop mom costume sounds fun!! It is nice that you were able to help your friend with her dad's funeral arrangements. Cemeteries and 'haunted' houses don't bother me. When I was growing up, the town's cemetery was basically in the backyards of the houses across the street from us. We would always walk through the cemetery when we had a slumber party. Some of the girls would scream and run! Made it more fun! LOL Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad you were there for your friend. Those kinds of times are quite trying and guidance is particularly helpful. Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I liked the Haunted Mansion when I was a kid and young adult. When I started back at church in the 90's I thought I should not go to it because of the whole Halloween thing. But I decided not to be legalistic about it and just enjoy the ride for all the special effects. The line is always so long. My son and I went on it in July 2018, the last time he and I were there together. We are expecting a quieter evening. I hope all is okay with your husband Stacy. Have a fun evening.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment. Your comments mean a lot to me and I try to answer them as soon as I can.

Moving Day

Hey everyone, I launched my new blog home today. Nothing fancy...just a little more me, I hope. Come visit me! In My Shoes