January 22, 2021

An Update & A Thank You

Just a quick update and a heartfelt thank you to everyone who said they were praying for our daughter. We appreciate you and your prayers so very much.

Now the update. She is having a video conference with her doctor a little later this morning to discuss her depression, anxiety, etc. As for the physical, she ended up going to the ER yesterday. 

She was diagnosed with a UTI on Tuesday and put on antibiotics, but only continued to feel worse. By yesterday morning she was vomiting (it looked like there was blood in it), her pulse was racing, and her bp was pretty high. She called her doctor and they sent her to the ER. 

I won't go in to the ridiculousness of the ER LOSING her blood and urine specimens not once, but TWICE before managing to get them to the lab. They checked her for sepsis, but thank goodness that was negative. Instead, they decided her UTI was worse and had reached her kidneys. They put her on a stronger antibiotic and sent her home with the warning to come back to be admitted if the symptoms get worse or she gets a fever. 

Anyway, just wanted to say thank you for your prayers.

16 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! That's shameful they lost her lab results. Those UTI's are painful and not to be ignored (if one can). Before I cut sugar out of my diet and went low carbo, I was getting them at least once a year. Haven't had one since. Praise God. Praying for her healing. Hope your next post is of her healing. God bless y'all. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm...I'm pretty sure there's a lot of sugar and carbs in her diet and while she isn't diabetic, it does run strongly through my husband's family. I'll have to mention that to her. Thanks for the tip.

      Delete
  2. That's awful! Praying for good news the next time you're able to share.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for your daughter Stacy!♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Will continue to pray. I have struggled with UTIs and bad kidney infections since my first pregnancy so I get how bad those things can make you feel. I will pray that the medication works for her and that she is healed. Please keep us updated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She has always gotten UTIs but this is the first time for a kidney infection. I sure hope it doesn't become chronic with her. She has so many other issues going on.

      Delete
  5. I pray your daughter is all better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry to hear your daughter is so ill. I will certainly be praying for her healing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praying for your daughter now. It sounds like she has been pretty sick and miserable. I pray they have given her the right meds to help knock that infection out without causing her more issues. May the Lord give her peace and calm and healing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. They have her on Bactrin which is pretty potent so hopefully it will do the job.

      Delete
  8. Hope the stronger antibiotic is helping so she doesn't have to go back to the hospital. Prayers continue!! Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have been so busy with work, I missed all of this... I'm so sorry to hear about it - I know that had to be so stressful. Hopefully she's on the mend now & feeling much better!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment. Your comments mean a lot to me and I try to answer them as soon as I can.

Moving Day

Hey everyone, I launched my new blog home today. Nothing fancy...just a little more me, I hope. Come visit me! In My Shoes