January 28, 2021

Thankful Thursday

I have a doctor's appointment early in the morning, so I am making my Thankful Thursday list on Wednesday evening.

This week I am thankful...

** Tim had the weekend off. The project is really winding down so he can catch his breath. He's getting home earlier in the evenings, too. We are hoping he can take a week off (possibly next week) before the next project starts. We won't go anywhere. We'd use the time to redo the master bath into a powder room/laundry combo. And he'd still have some time to relax.

** After being diagnosed with a UTI, then a kidney infection, and finally a kidney stone...and taking all the corresponding antibiotics, pain meds, etc...our daughter is finally beginning to feel better. She doesn't think she has passed the stone yet, but she is definitely getting her energy back and taking on life again.

** For all of your prayers for our girl. We appreciate them and you!

** I've been able to resist the temptation to spend as much time on social media as I had been. I've finished two books and started a third!

** Whatever nasty little critter was digging in my plants overnight has stopped. I hope he went back to wherever he came from, but I doubt he has. every once in a while the Poodle and I hear scratching either in the ceiling or under the bathtub. At least I don't find dirt all over the living room floor in the mornings.

** My father called me last Saturday and we had a nice chat. He and his wife are doing well, though more than a little bored since their winters in Texas are when their social life usually gets active.

** Tim got new brakes on my car. I bought them a while ago and have been driving around with them in the trunk. Helpful, no? Anyway, they're on and my car is good to go. Or stop.

** The truck got all new tires over the weekend. Tim had been struggling to find a garage that had the tires he wanted at the same time he had time to go to the garage. Finally, it all came together and not a moment too soon since we had some icy roads Monday and Tuesday mornings.

** A new microwave bacon cooker. Tim's been on a kick of making bacon for breakfast several days a week. Great, except that I'd wake up to an awful greasy mess on the stove. The bacon cooker has a lid and everything is nice and neat and it goes in the dishwasher!

** My God is LARGE and STILL in CHARGE. I put my trust in no man, no government...it's in the Lord Jesus Christ, the great Lion of Judah!


** Each and every one of you!

Have a blessed and thankful day, my friends! 

I'm linking up with Rebecca Jo.



9 comments:

  1. Those are all good things to be thankful for, especially the next to the last one. God IS HUGE! He's awesome, magnificent, and terrifying! But above all, He loves us through His son Jesus Christ. Amen. Also, still praying for your daughter. I hope she's 100% soon. Y'all keep lookin' up! Blessings. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Stacy - so glad you daughter is doing better. Sounds like you had a super productive week. I agree with you about social media. I am spending much less time there as well. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that last picture. Our God is the Lion of the Tribe of Judah, and He will take care of us...no worries!! We are blessed. So glad your daughter is feeling better. I hope she can pass that stone. Maybe it will just dissolve with all the meds. Either way, I hope it goes away and leaves her alone. Glad things are going well for you and hubby and vehicles and time, and all of the above stuff. God is good. Take care and keep praising His Name!! Have a beautiful day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen! He is the Lion of Judah and nothing has or ever will take Him by surprise.

    Glad your daughter is doing better and hope we get to see pictures of the remodel when you're done.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All good stuff here!! I'm glad your vehicles are safe now and that Megan is feeling better (you too). Stay warm up there! God is so good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Stacy, I love your list and especially the last one! Glad your daughter is feeling better. I agree with you on the social media. I do have a Bible study group through Facebook along with my crafty group. I hope you get your bathroom project done. We did that project in our first home. Enjoy the rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So happy to learn Megan's feeling better! I'm going to look for that bacon cooker. Tom loves making himself bacon, but hasn't grasped the idea of frying anything on less than 'high' setting. Ya, talk about greasy messes. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amen... I love that so much - trust in no man, no government. I gave my best church arm wave on that.
    Kidney stones freak me out - I hear they are miserable & I'm so fearful of getting them. Its the only thing I've seen take my husband down &curl up in a ball.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so sorry your daughter is suffering with stones. I've heard they are so painful and hope she is back to normal soon. You have some inspiring thankful thoughts this week and I too love your sentence that you will trust in no man, no government. Sometimes we watch the news, we worry about what will happen if this or that decision is made. But no matter what men decide, God is ultimately in control.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment. Your comments mean a lot to me and I try to answer them as soon as I can.

Moving Day

Hey everyone, I launched my new blog home today. Nothing fancy...just a little more me, I hope. Come visit me! In My Shoes