March 10, 2021

Thankful Thursday

I'm getting my Thankful Thursday post done a little ahead of the game (Wednesday evening) because I have a dentist appointment in the morning. I'll finally be getting that crown that's been on hold because of weather postponements and an awful lot of confusion between the dentist's office and our insurance. I'm hoping it will be worked out by the time I get there tomorrow. I'll be linking up with Rebecca Jo @ Knit By God's Hand at some point.

This week I am thankful...

** for all this gorgeous weather! It has us all feeling the summer vibes...even though there is no way winter is done with us here in PA at this point. We will see cold and maybe even snow a few more times before Old Man Winter finally gives up.

In the meantime, these days are glorious and Colton and Leah have been enjoying it so much. We spent a good bit of time outdoors yesterday.

They took my Daisy for a walk.


Had a blast with their new bubble blowing fans/guns. These things worked great and created hundreds of bubbles...not that you can tell because it was really breezy...and they were only $4 or $5 at Walmart.



Walks around the neighborhood were fun, too.


I bought them a little picnic table at Sam's Club on Tuesday and Wednesday we had the first picnic of the year. Megan took a picture, but hasn't shared it with me yet.

** Megan's surgery went well and they got all of the cyst removed so it should not return. Instead of sitting just under the skin, it was down into the tissue of the breast and removing it required a 3-inch incision. It's sore and it took her a couple of days to get over the anesthesia. We're also thankful it could be closed and doesn't have to heal as an open wound.


** for our little neighborhood within the neighborhood...we live on the lot behind my mom's house and Megan's family is one lot over from us. With all that has been going on health-wise with Megan it's really been wonderfully easy for all of us to pitch in and help take care of her and the kids. It doesn't all fall on any one person. It's such a blessing to have a built-in support system.

** I got to spend Tuesday with one of my husband's sisters (the one who is the same age as me...though she will point out she's 3 months and however many days younger than me) and a dear family friend who is like another sister. We went to Sam's Club, Target, and had lunch at Olive Garden. It was soooo much fun to just get out and cut up and laugh. Except for the masks it felt almost normal!

** as always, for each of you, but I really am especially thankful for you this week. I was feeling discouraged at the beginning of the week and thinking of giving up the blog. When I shared that, you all responded with such love and encouragement. I was truly blessed!

And now I'm going to say goodnight and post this so I can head to bed. I stayed with Megan and the kids last night because she was still having dizzy spells from the anesthesia and I did not get enough sleep to bother mentioning. I am whooped. 

Blessings on your day! I will catch up with you when I get home from the dentist's.

7 comments:

  1. Hi Stacy, your weather sounds warmer than ours! It is so nice to hear how you all help each other out. Nice that you have your mom so close by too. I lost my mom 10 years ago to Alzheimer's. I am glad your daughter got her surgery. Looks like you had a nice time with your sisters. I have been craving Olive Garden and they just opened back up for business. I hope you dentist visit goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stacey, I saw your comment on 'afternoon coffee and evening tea' blog. And I recognized what you said about your daughter's issues. Because a family member has had the same thing!!!!!!!! Also a young woman... And this horrible China/Covid Pandemic seemed to be a force, in the development of this.

    hypochondriasis That is the clinical name for it.

    Here is a link to a Mayo Clinic article, on it. I only believe net places like the Mayo Clinic, btw.

    -sigh- I seem to have forgotten the "magic way" to leave a click-able link. So I will simply type the link to it, below.

    https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/article/S0025-6196(11)62432-4/fulltext

    Our family member had to have medical and counseling help. Plus a lot of home support. But she moved beyond that awful worry.

    I hope it will be all right with you, that I commented here.

    Gentle hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor Megan. Anesthesia doesnt sit well with me either. I struggle for a long time with it - it just makes me tired for weeksssss
    Laughing with friends is the best.
    I'm in your dental boat. I had to get an emergency dental appointment - I've cracked a tooth - so another crown - & have to get a retreatment on a root canal. Sigh. ... I LOATHE dental issues.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope all went well with your procedure and I hope you got a good night's sleep. Colton and Lea are adorable as always. I need to check out those bubble guns and maybe get one for Colton while we are in Florida with him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope your crown is all beautiful and comfortably set and that is now behind you! So glad Megan is doing better. That is some set of stitches. Wow! Those grandbabies are so cute. Was it really that warm up there? Wow!! That's a nice teaser for spring/summer! You are blessed to have your family surrounding you. Your grandkids are so fortunate to have their grandparents there for them. Hope you got some sleep. Take care and keep smiling with your pretty new tooth! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sure hope all went well at the dentist! Also hope Megan is over the drugs and is feeling better. I have a picture that looks almost like that from a breast surgery I had years ago. Mine was a pre-cancerous atypical papillary lesion. Glad they got hers done. I would surely miss you, Stacy!! Glad you are sticking around! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. OK, I admit I shuddered at the phrase, "heal as an open wound." I'm so glad your daughter doesn't have to deal with that! Good luck at the dentist.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment. Your comments mean a lot to me and I try to answer them as soon as I can.

Moving Day

Hey everyone, I launched my new blog home today. Nothing fancy...just a little more me, I hope. Come visit me! In My Shoes