March 9, 2021

Community

Thank you all so much for your kind and encouraging words yesterday. You are the reason, that no matter how discouraged or burnt out I may get with blogging, I will likely never completely give it up until I am physically or mentally unable to continue. 

We have a community of sorts here and those who don't participate don't understand it, but it is very real. We laugh with each other, encourage and support each other. We cry together when one of us is hurting and we do what we can to help bring healing. We pray. We send little gifts. Sometimes we even meet in person. How could I give that up?

Now, in case you missed yesterday's update...Megan's surgery went well. The cyst was large enough and infected enough that the surgeon had to make a 3-inch incision to remove all of it. He was able to close it with stitches on the inside and glue on the outside. Thank you so much for all your prayers. 

I had believed I'd be staying the night with Megan and the kids. She isn't supposed to be left alone for 24 hours following the surgery (Cody works midnight shift). Mom decided she was going to be the one to stay...perhaps taking pity on me since I had the kiddos all day. 

I also didn't sleep well Sunday night. I kept hearing this throbbing hum. I thought at first it was the air purifier, the ceiling fan, or the furnace. When I had ruled those out I checked the refrigerator, freezer, and hot water tank. It wasn't those, either. It was driving me insane! I couldn't block it out. Burying my head in the pillow only seemed to make it louder. 

It was still there when I woke up yesterday morning. When I took the dog out the mystery was finally solved. It was coming up out of the valley from the steel mill. I was actually relieved because I was beginning to think I was hearing things. Later conversations confirmed that Tim and my mom also heard it. It just didn't keep them awake.

So, today I am meeting one of Tim's sisters and a family friend at Olive Garden for lunch and tonight my Bible study group is meeting online. Our teacher is finally back from visiting family after a month away. We've had a couple of Zoom meetings, I even taught one, but it will be good to have her back at the helm.

17 comments:

  1. So glad you are still with us, and I pray you are able to stick with it. I am sorry you had such a rough night of sleeping...you were just too overwrought because of Megan and the kids, and everything else I am sure. I hope your Bible study group was encouraging and uplifting. I go to our ladies' group on Monday afternoons. Sometimes it is really good, and other times it is frustrating because one person monopolizes it with her stories of difficulties that seem to go on and on...a rather melancholy person, if you know what I mean. But then, I stop and realize that she needs the love and support that we can give her, and I pray that God will help me to be more patient and loving. It is difficult to be a leader of a group of women and keep them on the subject, but then again, the subject may be exactly what an individual is needing that day and we are all there to help one another. Perhaps our blogging is like that...we are here to help one another in anyway we can...be a sounding board, a listening board, and sometimes we can give words of wisdom to one another. We learn from each other and I know you are an encouragement to me. So please continue to hang in there. Your voice is needed here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do know what you mean, but fortunately, there isn't anyone like that in our group. We would welcome them if they came, but I am thankful there isn't. Unfortunately, we didn't have our online meeting tonight. Our leaders weren't feeling well and cancelled just a little before hand. I hope they are okay, but I guess God knew what was what...I just heard from Megan and I have to go spend the night with her and the kids in a little bit. She is where I need to pray for patience. Anyway, I think you pegged our blogging community. It is good to have my friends here to listen and share wisdom. I surely thank you for your wisdom and insight. I value it and you, greatly.

      Delete
  2. So glad you decided to stay in blogland. I have met some of the nicest people I know in this community. Like you, Even though I get tired,I couldn't step away for good. So glad your daughter is recovering. It was nice of your mom to take the overnight shift with the grandkids. Sounds like you have a good week planned. I hope you sleep better tonight. Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Deb. I appreciate your calmness and kind words.

      Delete
  3. Meant to mention on my last comment that I prayed for Megan too. I hope she heals soon. Poor girl. I've been down that road of all the surgeries, doctors, etc. It's exhausting.
    Well, I'm happy you're staying in blogland. It is a community and it is real. You are prayed for and wished well.
    And I'm happy the strange noises wasn't something to drain the bank account. We're going through that this week with the A/C needing replacing after other high expenditures. *sigh* Please pray for us and our finances? We don't have deep pockets and one must have A/C in our part of the world. It's just a given. Thanks. I know God's got this. I'm just being a Nervous Nelly. *lol*
    God bless. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your prayers and I will absolutely pray for you and your finances. It always seems like when it rains, it pours, doesn't it? Like it's some unwritten law that when one thing breaks down everything else has to follow along. Praying for favor, wisdom and that all works out.

      Delete
  4. So glad to hear that Megan's surgery went well. How fun to get to go to Olive Garden for lunch with friends and then Bible Study online. Hope it's a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad Megan got that behind her & is just looking forward to healing!
    I have a constant ringing in my ears from my anemia - it is so aggravating so I feel your pain on that.
    Have a great Bible Study meet up tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm the exact same way - about hearing something and not being able to let it go. Even with his hearing aids, Tom's no help. So glad to hear Megan's surgery went well; I know that's a load off all your minds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's sooo annoying, isn't it? Like, why can't I just tune it out? Agh!

      Delete
  7. I hope Megan's healing is complete and that this step of her health journey is behind her.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Prayers for healing for Megan.
    And I read back a few posts.
    So glad you are staying!
    This is a very special place.
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Keeping your daughter in prayer. I am so glad you are staying and keeping your blog, Stacy. I was going to post, "Don't make me hunt you down." ((grin))

    You know, I will post this sometime (and why), long story short, it was so quiet last night, I woke up at 1:30 wondering why it was so quiet. LOLOLOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww...you can still find me on Facebook. I can't give that up totally, either, until someone comes up with a viable alternative that we ALL actually embrace.

      Delete
  10. I am back this week after skipping around for the past couple of weeks. I am so glad to hear your daughter's surgery went well, Stacy. I will add her to my prayers for a complete healing! Please get some rest! I hate those nights when I can't sleep so can empathize. Love you, dear blogging friend. One of these days I am going to travel north and meet you in person!! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Terri! I am humbled that you have the energy to think of me and pray for my family right now. I got a fairly decent night of sleep last night. Good thing because I have to spend tonight with Megan and the kids. She called crying a few minutes ago.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment. Your comments mean a lot to me and I try to answer them as soon as I can.

Moving Day

Hey everyone, I launched my new blog home today. Nothing fancy...just a little more me, I hope. Come visit me! In My Shoes