April 6, 2021

Tuesday 4 & Currently

Today is a two-fer. First up, I'm linking up with Anne for the Tuesday 4

This week the topic is lunch..


1. Lunch can be either glorious or bland, hard to choose or easy. Which is it for you and why?  Um, I guess it's somewhere between glorious and bland. I mean, it's lunch, not dinner in a 5-star restaurant, so it's hardly going to be glorious. It's not going to be bland, either. Unless I've been sick and am easing my way back into food.

2. What are your choices for a nice lunch?  Last night's leftovers are a popular choice. If not, then I'll probably choose soup, a salad, or a sandwich.

3. Is lunch a big meal or a light meal for you?  It's somewhere in the middle. I don't eat breakfast, because of doing the whole 16-hour fast thing. That means I'm actually hungry by lunchtime, but I still try to keep it in check and then have my main (big) meal for dinner.

4. "Let's do lunch" has become a funny phrase used in movies and jokes and usually just a throw away kind of thing to say.   Do you organize lunch with friends or family often? Do you eat out or in? If you eat out what is your favorite place to go?  No, I don't "do lunch" very often. I maybe meet up with friends once a month and less than that with family members. With the friends we often go to a local place called "Sharky's." It has something for every taste. With family, it could be anywhere, but Olive Garden is probably the favorite.

And now for, Currently...

The weather...is cool this morning, but we're expecting to see sunshine and a high of 74 degrees this afternoon.

Reading...The Bounty by Janet Evanovich

Listening to...the grandkids love Disney's Moana and the Trolls, World Tour movies. I have to admit both have great music and it's good that I think that because they watch the movies and ask Alexa to play the music ALL.THE.TIME.

Watching...I just added the Peacock streaming service to our Roku lineup and we've been having some fun exploring it. We've been watching The Carol Burnett Show, Columbo, and I started watching The Chosen.

Feeling...pretty good, though a little tired. My mom's dog is still staying with us, though Mom's recovery from knee replacement surgery is going well. Her dog isn't being that much trouble, but she does get up with Tim every morning then refuses to let him put her outside. She comes and sits by the bed, which wakes up Daisy and then I have to get up and take both of them out. Most of the time I can't go back to sleep. 

Celebrating...a month of big birthdays. Our son-in-law turns 30 this coming weekend and a week or so after that my stepdad turns 80! 

Looking forward to...Mom's dog going home, the grands spending the night this coming Saturday, and a whole week of nice WARM weather!

14 comments:

  1. Since Steve and I started eating keto, part of the way we eat is to do a light fast during the day. That means no lunch and no snacking. I do miss getting together with friends and breaking bread during that time. I've had to adopt this way of eating, though, to keep from becoming morbidly obese and diabetic. Plus I've lost (and kept off) 40 lbs. I do love food, though, as my waistline will testify. *lol*
    Oh, I hope y'all have sunshine! I know you must be tired of it looking dreary. We stream or watch DVD's too. Canceled DirecTV over 2 years. Best thing we ever did. The commercials and the cost run me off more than anything. Those commercials ... I don't think I'm old enough to watch some of them! *wink*
    We've got The Chosen, Season 1 on DVD. I highly recommend the Series. Season 2 is on YouTube as a teaser. It will be good too and I can't wait to buy it! That young director and/or producer is doing a good job in my opinion.
    I hope your day is blessed. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are doing great with the keto! I'm already fat, but my sugar and bp levels are great. I just want to lose the weight.
      We've had DirecTV and most recently cable. The service was why we got rid of DirecTV and the cost was why we did away with cable. Now we pay for Hulu Live so we can see the news and shows when they air, our daughter shares Netflix and Disney+ with us, and now I've added Peacock and PureFlix (the Christian service...which has a lot more shows and movies that I thought it would). Unfortunately, we still see commercials with Hulu. Not as many, but still the same awful ones you're talking about. (Shove that agenda down our throats!) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Hi Stacy. Sounds like you are having a good week. I think you will love The Chosen. My son gave me the first season on DVD for Christmas. It is an excellent series. I have to eat breakfast before going to school, and I don't have lunch until after noon so I would be starving if I did intermittent fasting. I am glad it is working for you. I am just an old fashioned calorie counter. I try to eat healthy and practice portion control. We have Peacock, but rarely watch it. We just don't have much time for TV, but we do enjoy many of the shows on Netflix. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Deb! Thanks for visiting. I'm not around as much so I'm always glad when you guys don't forget me. lol My diet doctor wants me to count calories, too, but I am never going to do it. Now if they'd use something easy like the old WW points system, I'd be willing to do that. Figuring calories takes more effort than I want to put into food.

      Delete
  3. I keep hearing about The Chosen. What do you think of it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only watched one episode so far, but it seems good. They kind of condensed/combined things and filled in the blanks so it maybe isn't the most accurate story ever, but it is a well done one.

      Delete
  4. I liked Moana too. Reading everyone's poss this morning made me hungry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Moana is Leah's favorite "princess" at the moment. It is a good story and the Rock as the demi-god is genius casting.

      Delete
  5. Hi Stacy:
    We are also having leftovers from yesterday.
    Have a nice Tuesday.

    https://gloriasretiredlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, leftovers are always good for lunch but I usually save them for dinner since I rarely eat lunch these days. Fun questions and interesting answers from everyone! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sharky's sounds great! I would love to be able to go with you. I saw your book The Bounty is on the bestseller list! Enjoy! Loved your answers! Have a nice week!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. IF we lived closer, I would take you out and have lunch and then we could sit, laugh and talk. smiles

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need to download the Peacock app too because I heard there's a new Christian show on there. I dont think it downloads on teh FireStick though - which is disappointing - I have that on most of our tvs

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment. Your comments mean a lot to me and I try to answer them as soon as I can.

Moving Day

Hey everyone, I launched my new blog home today. Nothing fancy...just a little more me, I hope. Come visit me! In My Shoes