May 20, 2021

Thankful Thursday

Linking up with blogging buddy Rebecca Jo of Knit By God's Hand today to show a little gratitude to the Giver of all things for life's sweet blessings!




This week I am thankful...

** for fantastic weather. Okay, we seem to have totally skipped Spring weather and dived head-first into the dog days of summer, but it's all good. I am just so thankful to be looking at the backside of cold weather and rain as it skedaddles over the horizon that I'm not even going to complain about it 87 (that's EIGHTY-SEVEN!!!) degrees already! Added bonus, no rain this week and no rain next week...unless we see one of those late afternoon thunderstorms.

** my second dose of the Covid vaccine is behind me and I don't have anything worse than a sore arm. (Disclosure: I am writing this on Wednesday evening just in case I wake up not feeling well tomorrow. Tim was horribly achy for about 3 days afterward and I know a few others who were totally miserable afterward for about a week.)

** for a super fun day with my best girl yesterday. Mommy wasn't feeling well yesterday morning so Leah came to stay with me. We had breakfast and did our hair and then we went to the thrift stores. Let me just tell you, the girl gets it. She LOVES going through and pointing everywhere at once telling me to "Look! Look!" And the girl has got the eye! Just look at what we found...

Adorable canvases just right for the bathroom.



This cute music box. It plays Memories from Cats. Don't you love that little piggy on a spring and the kitty poking its head out of the bucket? The grandma actually moves and rolls out the dough and the granddaughter mixes the dough in the bowl. I was explaining to Leah that the lady was a grandma or like me, a Nana, and that the girl was a granddaughter and as I was saying it she touched the girl's head and said, "Me!" Oh my stars...ALL THE FEELS!



And here's my girl with the rest of our finds: A big dinosaur thing for her brother, a xylophone for her, a book for great-grandpappy, a brand new book of Happy Planner stickers (for $1.99!!!), and what she obviously thought was the best deal of the day...a couple of those shrunk-down-to-hockey-puck-size towels that you soak in water and watch them expand.


We also went to Walmart. We needed new sippy cups at Nanny's house because Nanny ran the rubber plug that keeps them from leaking through the garbage disposal. Again. We found those and also a new patio umbrella, cushions for the swing, and Frozen flip-flops that have light up snowflakes on them.

Lunch was a Happy Meal picked up on the way back to Nanny's house. We enjoyed our fries and watched the first Frozen. 

Sometimes life is just that good.

** I am chipping away at all the online training I have to do for work. Agh! There is so much of it and a lot of it is sooooo borrrrrring. I have fallen asleep more than once. It's good information, but it's hours and hours of someone just reading off information in a flat voice. I spent another 5 hours on it today and I still have probably at least 15-17 more hours to go. But I am thankful! Every session done is one step closer to starting the job!

** that I tried another church this past Sunday. It's close to home and the people seem very nice. The woman I met when I first walked in invited me to the women's tea party this Saturday with the promise she'd sit with me and introduce me to everyone. I'm so excited to actually be able to be in a church, see faces, and meet people!

** we got the air conditioner in on Sunday before it got too hot.

** for the way my Bible study friends pull together when one of us needs prayer or some support. The last two days the calls and texts have been flying as one of our members has been dealing with her father-in-law being in the hospital with Covid. Sadly, they decided his lungs were too damaged to do anything today and were going to send him home to die. He never made it home. Not a great outcome, especially since he wasn't saved, but the way these women come together for each other never fails to lift me up.

** for my cozy bed...'cause I'm heading there right now.

** for all of you, my blogging friends! Goodnight!





15 comments:

  1. Oh, such a lovely post. I enjoyed it all, except for the poor man who died from Covid, and he wasn't saved. I pray that somehow he did believe in Jesus and Jesus knew his heart, because we don't always know the "whole story". I always think of the thief on the cross next to Jesus story... Anyway, that little Grandma and Granddaughter figurine thing is just so cute. I love it. I would have had a hard time passing that one up too, even though I don't have any granddaughters, nor did I ever spend that kind of time with my grandmother(s). But it is a dream of mine to have that kind of relationship someday. Probably too late now...none of my kids are going to be having any children at this late date, unless a miracle happened. I should never say never...my brother in law and his wife didn't have children until they were in their 40's, and my mother in law finally got her little granddaughter when she was 80! So I guess there's always hope...LOL. Meanwhile, I play with Lily Grace. LOL. You are blessed to have Leah nearby and to have such wonderful days together. Oh, I am so glad you found that church and that you are going to the ladies' Tea party this weekend. I do hope it will be very nice and all that you hope it to be. I pray those ladies will embrace and welcome you right in and that you will have found your new church home for sure. I'll be praying for you to be blessed, and to be a blessing to them, as I know you will be!! I love that last picture of the little girl and the quote. Perfect ending. God bless you. What kind of job are you going to do that you have to do all this studying for? I don't remember what you said it was going to be. I hope it's a good one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your comments always make me smile. I imagine you saying all of that in this big, breathless, rush! And the same enthusiasm I see in you for all of life always shines through. We can hope the man had a last breath come-to-Jesus moment, but from all I've heard...no. He rejected Him and was quite ugly about everything right up until the end. I am indeed blessed to have Leah right here and have the relationship with her that I do. I did have this kind of relationship with my own Nana and I hope Leah will have the same kind of wonderful memories that I do. As you were telling of it being too late for you all I could think of was Abraham and Sarah. Remember what happened when she laughed? LOL Thanks for the prayers for the tea party. I have high hopes, myself. I've got to figure out how to dress, though. Is it casual? Dressy casual? Dressy? Or do they go all out as I've heard some other churches do for their tea parties and wear the big hats and all? Yikes. I really do hope it isn't a big hat kind of thing. I am not a hat person at all.

      Delete
    2. Oops! I forgot to answer your question about work. I'm going to be taking mentally disabled adults on outings. A lot of the info I'm slogging through is similar to or maybe even a repeat of stuff I had to know at the nursing home, but you have to do it and get the certificates new all the time...and there's no skipping the parts you know. They (being the state) set it up so you can't go to the next page until you click every link, hear all the info, watch the video and the timer runs down. One series of presentations spent the first part of each one reviewing what the ones that preceded it were about. By the time I got to #6, 22 minutes out of the 45 was review! If you want to get your certificate, you're stuck.

      Delete
    3. Oh, your job sounds very special and wonderful. They will be so blessed to have you. I hope you can get through with all the studies. I am sure you will pass with flying colors. Oh, the tea party... is there anyone you can call about the hats? I would think they would have said something in the announcement if that was the case. And even if some do wear hats, don't worry about that...just go and be your own sweet self and they will love you. I guess I would wear whatever is comfortable for a spring tea party...don't stress over the outfit...again...just be yourself. Go and meet the ladies and have fun. That's the whole purpose. And yes, I remember Sarah and Abraham. Nothing is impossible with God, but some things are pretty improbable. I won't be getting my hopes up. I still have one unmarried son, but he's 44 and not looking for anyone. I keep praying for that special woman to come and snatch him up, but she'd have to be super special indeed. I know God is able. Okay, enough of my rambling. Have a wonderful weekend. I can't wait to hear about it.

      Delete
  2. Glad you got your second Covid shot and that your side affects weren't too bad. That's a good thing. You are teaching your granddaughter to be a good Goodwill shopper! Such fun and so many cool treasures. I love that you have a group to pray with and for and that you found a church you like. Hope you have a good weekend. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Still doing well today, though I can't raise my arm. I can move it anyway but up. That hurts like a son of a gun! Yes, teaching Leah (and actually Colton likes to go there for toys, too) to like thrifting. Megan missed the gene completely so I'm hoping...

      Delete
  3. So glad you had some really fun times with your granddaughter. Grandkids are the best. Such good new that you're doing well with the 2nd shot. Have fun at your tea party.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cathy! I hope you're having a good day.

      Delete
  4. Praying for your friend in the loss of her family member- that's such a struggle when you know they're not saved.
    I love the memories you're making with your little grands. So precious.
    Loving your finds - that music box is adorable & I'm totally loving the beauty of those canvases.
    Hope you have seen the worse of that 2nd dose & you're good to go!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't those canvases awesome? I wasn't even looking for them, but when I saw them it was "get in me cart!" Our bathroom is gray, white, and turquoise...so perfect!

      Delete
  5. Aw, I love how you're making memories with Leah (that) she'll hold in her heart forever. Time together is priceless.
    No way we'll be embarking on a bathroom remodel, but looking at these canvases I'm having serious bathtub envy. Great finds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. The canvases are actually for the remodel that's already done. I wasn't looking...just couldn't pass them up. And when we do get to the powder room/laundry room redo, I'm using the same colors so the floral canvases I had bought for the other will move right on over and look great there, too.

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sound like you had a great outing with your grand daughter and what a find on those stickers! I am working on several projects right now and wrote about it on my Tuesday post, not sure you read it but lots of samples of what I do. I hope you don't get anymore side effects from the vaccine. I had a mild headache for 2 days and arm was less sore the second time. We are enjoying our cooler weather because we will have enough hot days soon enough. I am glad you are in a great Bible study group. Our started back up a few weeks ago and it feels good. I mentioned a book on my Tuesday post that you might be interested in. Enjoy the rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sounds like a perfect day with your favorite little girl. She is adorable! You found some great deals and I can see that she will be thrift shopping with you all the time, going forward!! Fun! Good for you getting through so much of the required training. You will get there! Love & hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment. Your comments mean a lot to me and I try to answer them as soon as I can.

Moving Day

Hey everyone, I launched my new blog home today. Nothing fancy...just a little more me, I hope. Come visit me! In My Shoes