September 1, 2021

Currently....Thankful

I haven't been around much this week, so I'm blessing y'all with a twofer. That's 2 posts for the price of one...and lucky you, the price is $0. I'm linking up with Rebecca Jo, Leslie, and Jennifer for Thankful Thursday. I'm on my own with Currently. 

Hang on to your hats, this is going to be a real mash up! Not like a YouTube mashup, but still a pretty mixed bunch of stuff.

YouTube mashup:



Not a YouTube mashup:


So currently...

The weather is pretty comfortable with temperatures only reaching the mid 70s all this week. Now that the rain has finally stopped I'm feeling pretty thankful to Hurricane Ida for that. It's also worth mentioning that all of our family in Louisiana, Mississippi, and Alabama came through just fine. The power is out in Louisiana, but other than that and some trees down there was no damage. They are roughing it a bit with gas being hard to get and supplies being greatly limited. Another family member is driving from Alabama to Louisiana this weekend with water and other supplies. Not just for family, but for as many as can be helped. You can count me as thankful to have family who will drop everything to help others.

On TV we are finally getting to see the NCIS episodes from the point where Netflix left off. I'm thankful our daughter tipped us off to the Paramount app. It has all the CBS shows and Paramount movies...even new releases! You can watch the new Paw Patrol movie on there for no extra cost while it's still in theaters and Disney+ is charging $20+ to watch it.

Celebrating that Colton is back in school and praying that this year the schools are able to stay open. That's pretty iffy. The mask mandates for schools go into effect September 7 statewide. I'm thankful Colt still likes school and his teacher and has made new friends. He needs to get more socialization and be around people other than just family. His shyness and anxiety can be crippling at times.

Loving, as always, any time I get to spend with the grandkids. On Saturday, Leah saw me cleaning the pool and wanted to get in, too. We had a grand time and I am so thankful she is getting over her fear of the water. She is still a little nervous out in the middle, but man, she will jump in from the ladder as many times as I will catch her...and yes, it HAS to be me. In the pool she wants no one else!



Celebrating good news on the scale this week. I am so thankful I can say I am at my lowest weight in nearly 20 years!

Also, that my Monday client, the poor guy who only has Monday's off to do anything...and virtually everything but stores and restaurants are closed on Mondays...finally found something we can do! Bowling. We found one place out of all the ones around here that opens at 1:00 on Mondays. I am very thankful he thinks we should just plan on lunch and bowling every Monday unless, of course, something special pops up. Yay! I was putting a lot of miles on my car driving him around to places trying to fill up our time. And double "yay!" I like bowling and it's good exercise.

And the Labor Day holiday.

Praying for everyone still trapped in Afghanistan and the families of our fallen soldiers, but thankful for those we did get out and for all the brave men and women in our military.

Also for everything Covid-19 and Delta Variant related. For all those who are battling this particular monster. For those who have lost someone and are grieving. For all of us as tempers flare over differing opinions and views concerning vaccines and masks.

I'm thankful for each one I hear of who beat the odds, got off the ventilator, and came home.

And I'm praying for the lost. The ones who don't know Jesus. It's hard not to believe the world is heading toward its predicted end with all that is going on around us. I see many people, lukewarm Christians among them, waking up and getting serious about their faith and relationship with the Lord and I am thankful for that, but there are so many more who, if the world were to end right now, would be lost. I pray the Holy Spirit softens their hearts and opens their eyes and ears.

Enjoying my recent online purchases and being thankful I got great deals on all of them!


A pretty new Passion Planner!

A new journal because the old one is nearly filled.


A sweet blue leather tote bag for work.


Some dressier black flats since I'm back in a church.
Seriously, I really didn't have much in the way of dressy clothes.


A new box of my favorite pens. Only a little over $5 for 60!


My pretty new CSB Study Bible for Women.


And a girl needs brown shoes, too.

There is also an order on the way from Roaman's. Like I said, I don't have dressy clothes anymore. I've had to start building my wardrobe again. So I have some nice tops and a dress coming and for the me that really doesn't like to dress up...they were having a sale, mix-and-match any 3 leggings or knit tops for only $33! Score! Feeling pretty darn thankful for that, too.

(Sorry about the blurry photos. Amazon was giving me grief tonight.)

And, of course, you all know I am thankful for each one of YOU!

15 comments:

  1. Hi Stacy, glad you are doing well. I have been looking for shoes too and you got them in brown and black. Did you find those on Amazon too? I have not heard of the Paramount App. I agree with you about all that is happening, we are getting closer and have to ready. God is in control even if we don't understand it all. Have a great rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Susan! Yes, I did find the shoes on Amazon. There were more expensive options, but I was trying to find the ones with the best arch support for the lesser price. Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!

      Delete
  2. Loved hearing all these great things to be thankful for. It's been a rough couple of weeks for people everywhere in our country and around the world. Jesus IS coming soon, and I pray for many to have their eyes opened to the Truth before it is too late. Love to see you with Leah in the pool! What a treasure!!You are blessed. Love the shoes you found, if they are comfortable. That is all that matters, but if they are kind of dressy AND comfortable that is a win-win. I am glad you are still enjoying your new church. That's a blessing for you, and for them to have you there! And the bowling sounds like a fun Monday afternoon...even tho I am NOT a good bowler. Being a lefty it was hard to find a ball to fit my hand, and I tend to be more of a gutter bowler...don't think I could even lift a ball today. So you go girl and keep up the good work so you don't get old and stiff like me! Have a blessed day!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been a difficult few weeks for people and it shows no signs of letting up. My phone has been buzzing constantly since yesterday with prayer requests. The enemy is very active right now. As I told my study group, Shields up Warriors! I'm not a good bowler, either, and I got worse with each game. After a while my wrist just got tired and I lost my aim. Instead of strikes and spares I was rolling gutter ball after gutter ball by the end. If this is going to be a regular thing I'm going to have to get a wrist brace.

      Delete
  3. Hi Stacy - dress up for for me is a skirt and blouse. I have some a few dresses and wore one to church last week - first time in a couple of years I had an actual dress on. I love those cute pictures of your granddaughter jumping into your arms. Simply precious. Yes, I am a journaler too, but I usually use a composition book from Dollar Tree. I think it is so fun that you get to go bowling every Monday as part of your job. How fun! I like to bowl, even though I am not very good at it. Good for you on the weight loss. I am trying to get down about ten pounds - tried intermittent fasting - which would work well for me if I didn't have to get up and get to school so early. I need something to eat before I go because there isn't always time to eat something during my morning at school. Glad you are having a good week. See you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Deb! If it was up to me, dressy would be nice jeans and a nice top. We live so casual. I have no where to go that requires dressing up except funerals and weddings...and now church. The other 2 could be handled with 2 outfits. One black and one burgundy. Oh well, I love this church so it's worth having to dress up once a week. I have used composition books in the past, but these days I need something with more pages or I will be getting a new one at least once a month. I write right after I do my Bible study in the morning and I use the journals to hash out my thoughts on what God is saying to me, what I'm learning, etc. I also decorate it with stickers and photos cut from magazines that go along with what I'm writing. I also keep my numbered gratitude list in my journals and prayer requests and concerns. I like going back and marking the ones God has answered. Anyway, some days I may have 10 pages filled! I understand the issues with intermittent fasting...it is definitely a difficult adjustment. Thanks for visiting and have a great weekend!

      Delete
  4. Yay for getting new clothes and shoes!! Loved the pictures of you and your granddaughter!! Have a great day Stacy!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WHOOH OOOO - you got a new passion planner!!! That's awesome!!! I ordered more myself. Snagged up on that undated sale of 50% off!
    I'm thankful for Ida too - its so lovely here & nice temps for the net week.
    Congrats on the scale victory - that's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. I still got a weekly undated, but I bumped up to the large size. Mint green was not my first choice, but all the colors I like are sold out. Definitely thanking Ida. Today was so lovely....cool and sunny and the air just felt and smelled of fall!

      Delete
  6. A great post, Stacy! Good stuff in each sentence!! I love how Leah has so much fun with you in the pool!! Heading to the weekend fast this week! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Terri and you're not kidding. This week has flown by!

      Delete
  7. I like that photo of you. Your hairstyle is so pretty. And all the thankful's are good ones.
    It's in the mid-80's here but the temp's are slowly dropping each day. Can't wait for 60s & 70s degree weather.
    Blessings. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. That one's from a few months ago. It's a little below the bottom of my neck now. I need a trim pretty badly...split ends and all that...not to mention a dye job to take care of about 2 inches of gray roots. Hope you get some fall weather soon!

      Delete
  8. Hello! Such a pretty picture of you!
    I join you in all that you are praying for.
    Have a cozy weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment. Your comments mean a lot to me and I try to answer them as soon as I can.

Moving Day

Hey everyone, I launched my new blog home today. Nothing fancy...just a little more me, I hope. Come visit me! In My Shoes