September 19, 2021

Sunday Stealing: Not Quite 5000 Questions, Part 2

Good morning! I am still alive and kicking even though I've been MIA for a week. No real reason...just busy and nothing "blog worthy" to write about. Until yesterday. Yesterday this happened:


I got to spend the day with my biological father and my half-sister. If you've known me for a while, you know I only learned the man's identity two years ago and I met him for the first time last summer. I only saw him twice more until yesterday as he spends over half the year in Texas. Even when he and his wife come back to Pennsylvania for the summer, they spend part of the time visiting his wife's family in Maine. It was only the second time I've seen my sister, as well.

It was great to get to spend time with them just hanging out at my father's home and getting to know each other better. My sister and I really do have a lot in common. And I don't know, but when you look at the three of us...I think you can tell we are related. 



Now, on to Sunday Stealing. Thanks to our hostess, Bev, for finding the questions and hosting the link up every week.

And a tough bunch of questions they are this week!

Stolen from 5000 questions

1. If America is one nation under god then are atheists citizens?  Yes, and so are Muslims, Hindus, and everyone else. What too many don't understand is that the Founding Fathers intention was a place where everyone was free to practice their beliefs and speak of them openly without influence or hinderance of the government. They did not intend that you could not be guided by your beliefs in the public arena. I suspect they would be appalled by the behavior of both "sides" these days.

2. Is there anything that you believe should be banned for any reason?  That's a tricky line to walk. There are things that should be banned...things that bring harm to someone...things that are crimes. However, then you open the door to more and more things that harm someone, but not another...and if it doesn't harm one then that one is going to be upset about a ban. And you'll end up in a big mess eventually. Kind of like we are right now.

3. How often do you eat too much?  Not as much as I used to. I've lost over 20 pounds this summer. Still, probably far too often when confronted with a favorite food.

4. If you died tomorrow, what mark would you have left on the world?  On the world? Probably nothing. On my small corner of the world? I hope I've made a difference in peoples' lives by showing kindness, compassion, and love; by working with people others often overlook or avoid (dementia patients and those with developmental disabilities); by trying to introduce a positive, happy mood into most situations; basically, by sharing and modeling the love of Jesus to those I come in contact with.

5. Are you a city person or a country person?  I'm definitely not a city person. I wouldn't like living in one. Visiting is fine. I love the country, but I don't know if I'd want to live there these days if it was isolated. Are rural suburbs a thing? That would be my space. I like having some space and land, but I also like to have a few people around and I'm used to my conveniences like food delivery and such.

6. What annoys you the most about yourself?  My tendency to procrastinate.

7. Who was your childhood hero? 
My grandmother.

8. With nearly 100 channels why is NOTHING ever on?
  Because most of it is pure drivel that glorifies the worst of our behavior.

9. Would you adopt a stray kitty wandering through your neighborhood?  Sure! I might need to rehome my husband afterward, though. He is so not a cat person.

10. Which Lord of the Rings movie has the best ending?  It's been so long since I watched them that I really don't remember.

11. What are you missing in your life?
  Real vacations! The beach. More money in the bank account.

12. What could you make a sculpture out of that's in the room with you right now?  I don't know. Maybe the exercise bike...or the bottles of wine in the rack...or pillows and throws...books?

13. Do you believe in the lost city of Atlantis?
  Not really as it's described in legend, but I do believe there was probably a real city that somehow inspired the legends.

14. Have you ever read The Little Prince?  At some point in the far distant past, yes.

15. What fantasy book would you like to see made into a movie?  I don't read fantasy books so I really don't have a clue. The books I would like most to see made into movies are James Rollins' Sigma Force series.

17 comments:

  1. I am so glad you got to spend time with your family. And I have found myself knodding and agreeing with your answers. Hope you have a beautiful day friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. #4--I bet as a bus driver you impacted your route children more than you realize.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's wonderful about your birth-family. I found mine too and so glad I did, even though things didn't go quite so well as yours. I still recommend finding one's roots. It helped make me feel complete.
    Enjoyed your answers.
    Blessings. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you were able to spend time with your father. I appreciated your reasoning on the question about banning things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stacy, I'm glad you mentioned it because I was going to say you and your half-sister look like full-sisters! No question about the DNA!! How great that you had such a good visit! I enjoyed your Sunday Stealing answers. Wishing you a blessed week ahead! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. visiting from Sunday Stealing -- how cool that you got to spend the day with your birth family!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that you had such a good visit with your "birth family". Yes, you can definitely tell you are related. I find myself wanting to meet some of my Grandmother's birth family, who would be all like distant cousins now, but even though I've connected with some through Ancestry, etc., they don't seem as interested as I am in making that connection. So maybe it's better left as it is. But for you it was a good thing. I enjoyed your answers. Not sure I'd know how to answer a lot of them either. Happy Sunday my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry you haven't gotten a warm welcome from your cousins. I hate to say it, but PA folks can be rather standoffish. Or just apathetic about things. Maybe we don't like change? I don't know what is the underlying cause. I get on well with my father and my sister, but the brother I met? Eh....I'm sure we'll be nice when we meet, but I don't think I'm his cup of tea and he sure isn't mine (quite far left, vegan, woke, etc). I'm probably his worst nightmare as a relative. LOL The other brother, I don't know where that stands. He doesn't have a lot to do with our dad or his other siblings. They can't even tell me if he is upset about my appearance in the picture or not. I don't know if I will ever get to meet him.

      Delete
  8. Hi Stacy - That is nice picture of you and your sister and your bio-dad. Yes, there is a big family resemblance among the three of you. I enjoyed reading your answers. Amen about sharing and modeling the love of Jesus. Hope you have a good week. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Deb. I'm still praying some kind of reunion is in your future.

      Delete
  9. You know, this is probably me focusing on the wrong thing yet again, but I simply MUST comment on your light, straight hair. You look so naturally great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bahahahahaha! Thank you, really, thank you...but confession time. My natural hair color was a dark reddish brown (salt 'n' pepper these days) and if left to do its own thing, my hair will dry in long spiral curls. It takes WORK to get straight hair.

      Delete
  10. While I am in touch with my daughter via text and FB/IG, I haven't seen her since she was 6. We all have long stories and all that, but this made me happy to see you with your birth-father. I hope someday to take a picture like this with my daughter and grands. Nothing would be finger. You answer to #1 was spot-on also. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad my story made you happy. It sure was a surprise to find out who he is and meet him at the age of 55. I had given up thoughts of it and figured I'd die never knowing the answers.

      Delete
  11. That is so cool that you found your bio father and yes, I do see the family resemblance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...and yeah, I don't think he could deny any of his kids. We all look similar.

      Delete
  12. #5 - The complete opposite to me.

    #6 - Exactly the same as me.

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment. Your comments mean a lot to me and I try to answer them as soon as I can.

Moving Day

Hey everyone, I launched my new blog home today. Nothing fancy...just a little more me, I hope. Come visit me! In My Shoes