October 1, 2021

Saturday 9: Cheeseburger In Paradise

Thanks to Crazy Sam at Saturday 9 for the music and questions!

Cheeseburger in Paradise (1978)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) In this song, Jimmy briefly attempts a healthier diet, which included sunflower seeds, carrot juice, zucchini and bulgur wheat. Do you pay attention to your daily consumption of vitamins, minerals, dietary fiber, etc.?  Somewhat. I take a multi-vitamin, D3, B12, calcium, MCT oil softgels, GOLO Release capsules, and fiber gummies everyday.

2) Jimmy sings that he'd like french fries with his burger. Do you prefer to dip your fries or drizzle the ketchup over them?  I'm a dipper, but if it's an option I'd choose homemade chips or zucchini fries over regular fries and I dip both of those in ranch dressing.

3) Which cheese would make yours a cheeseburger in paradise: American, cheddar, Swiss, bleu, Muenster, or Monterrey Jack?  Any of them but bleu.
 
4) Buffett fans call themselves Parrotheads. Concert attire for a well-dressed Parrothead often includes a Hawaiian shirt and a foam fin hat. What will you be wearing tonight?  Since I don't have any plans for the evening, probably my typical fall bedtime attire...leggings and a t-shirt.
 
5) For someone with such an easygoing and laidback vibe, Jimmy is a very busy man. His business ventures include liquors, restaurants and hotels. He's also published eight books. All this in addition to making music! On a scale of 1 to 10 -- with 1 being lazy and 10 being highly motivated -- how would you rate yourself this morning?  Well, I'm answering this on Friday evening, but I expect to be highly motivated (probably 9-10) in the morning. I have to be at church by 9:00 for the first class on my way to joining the church.

6) Jimmy has some very famous fans. Paul McCartney asked him to play at one of his parties, and Barack Obama invited him to perform at a fundraiser. If you could invite anyone -- anyone at all! -- to play at your party, who would you ask?  Probably Toby Keith, though other choices could be Brian Setzer or Casting Crowns.

7) Jimmy was born on Christmas Day. Does your birthday fall on a major holiday? If yes, do you mind "sharing" your special day?  Well, it's not a major holiday, but it is the Catholic Feast of the Assumption, also known as the Holy Day of Obligation. I'm not Catholic so it doesn't make any difference to me.

8) In 1978, the year this song was popular, the Susan B. Anthony Dollar was first minted. The initial design was not a hit with the public because vending machines could not accept it. What's the last thing you bought from a vending machine?  I have no idea. I don't think I've bought anything from a vending machine since I stopped working at the nursing home and that was a year and a half ago. It was either pop or some sort of candy or chips because that's all the machines there had in them.

9) Random question -- If today's your birthday, your zodiac sign is Libra. When did you last check your horoscope?  Years and years ago as a teenager. I don't believe in horoscopes so I don't check mine. 

16 comments:

  1. You know, I've never dipped fries in French dressing. Never even occurred to me until you mentioned it. You may have broadened my horizons!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also have a client that dips his fries in honey mustard.

      Delete
  2. #1 I tried ranch dressing and other dressing like blue cheese or French dressing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some of the best fries I ever had in my life were in this little Belgian place in Old San Juan. Frites they called them, and they were served with a garlicky mayonnaise for dipping. Yum. Might have to try that next time I make fries...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had fries in Amsterdam and was surprised that they were served with mayo.

      Delete
    2. That sounds good to me, I love mayonnaise!

      Delete
  4. Zucchini fries in ranch, might have to try that

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been a Jimmy Buffett fan since the 70s. Not a fan of his politics or drug habits, but do like his earlier tunes. They remind me of happy times.
    Every since we've been eating keto (no sugar-low carbs) all my health issues disappeared especially blood sugar and constipation problems. (Sorry, TMI? lol) I'm so grateful for that.
    Y'all have a GREAT weekend!
    Blessings. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brian Setzer--wow--he'd be a blast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't sure if anyone would even know who he was.

      Delete
  7. I don't like bleu cheese either. I love Casting Crowns! I love zucchini fries too! I also love the crunchy part of onion rings, but can't eat onions. Love it all, but can't eat all that fried yummy food. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Saturday, Stacy! I enjoyed reading your answers. Another fun Saturday 9. Have a great weekend!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved the Stray Cats when I was younger. That is a fun choice! Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.

    'https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved the Stray Cats and also liked Brian Setzer when he came out with his own orchestra. We love our 80's music!

      Delete
  10. I have never had a zucchini fry. Apparently not a thing in my part of the world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only know of two restaurants that make them. One is Red Robin and the other is a local place. Every other place just does regular fried zucchini.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment. Your comments mean a lot to me and I try to answer them as soon as I can.

Moving Day

Hey everyone, I launched my new blog home today. Nothing fancy...just a little more me, I hope. Come visit me! In My Shoes