October 5, 2021

Tuesday 4: Kitchen Dreams

Welcome to Tuesday 4 in memory of Toni Taddeo!

This week's questions were provided by Pamela Steiner who has the Closed Doors Open Windows blog.


1.  They say the kitchen is the heart of the home...tell us about YOUR kitchen. What is your favorite part of your kitchen?  The first thing that comes to mind is "overflowing." I've inherited my family's gene for collecting and saving too much stuff. None of it is junk and I do use a lot of what I have, but I really do not have enough room and storage space. It doesn't help that my hubby, love him but this is true, is a total slob when it comes to keeping the house looking neat. It's like living with Oscar Madison. Other than that I can tell you the walls are pumpkin spice orange, the cabinets are sage green, the counters are formica that look like a medium brown granite. On one wall I have my great-grandmother's china cabinet and bookshelves that hold my cookbooks. We did away with the table a few years ago since it is just Tim and I the majority of the time and got an island with seating space.
 
2.  If money were no object, what would be your "dream kitchen"?  I'm loving everything I see in this photo.



 
3.  Tell us about a favorite memory from your kitchen, or from a kitchen in your past, perhaps your mother's kitchen or your grandma's kitchen?  All my favorite kitchen memories are probably of my grandmother's kitchen. That's the one we would all gather in to help prepare and then clean up after holiday meals. It really wasn't anything fancy at all...just an old country kitchen. It was having all the family together that was special.
 
4.  If you could invite anyone in the world (either past or present) to come visit with you in your kitchen, who would it be, and why?  My grandmother and my aunt. They are the two women who probably meant the most to me and had the biggest impact on who I am today.

12 comments:

  1. Love your memories of kitchens past and family members. That reminds me of my husband's grandmother's house and his great aunts and the dinners we had at their house. For me as a new member of the family, it was eye opening and jaw dropping...true southern hospitality...and they sure could cook and talk. Such stories! We inherited much of the furniture from their house, and that is what we still use today...and I think I can still hear them talking around that table. LOL. I wish you'd post a picture of your kitchen. The colors sound bright and happy and fun. I also love the picture of your dream kitchen. Yeah, I could love that one too. Thanks for playing along today! Have a happy week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the kitchen you pictured. Very pretty and cozy. I agree with you, family gatherings bring the best memories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your dream kitchen. I am like you we are messy too but filled with love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sage green ... I love that! Your 'dream kitchen' is beautiful; but knowing my paranoia, I'd have to add window coverings for after sunset.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm just the opposite when it comes to stuff. If I don't use it, need it, want it, it's gone.
    For us and the kitchen, it would be nice to have more cupboard space. Ours is teeny tiny. At least it keeps me from buying machines I'd probably never use. *lol* I enjoyed your memories.
    Blessings. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that photo of the kitchen you shared, smiles. You gotta' take a photo of your kitchen, Stacy...because Lord only knows, I am sure nosy, LOLOLOL.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your dream kitchen!
    I have way too much stuff also, but if I ever need to have dinner for 100 nothing will match but I could do it. Now what exactly are the chances that will ever happen?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Grandma's for the win!! I love that dream kitchen photo!! Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wouldn't trade my kitchen memories for anything! It is fun knowing most of us have similar memories and experiences. Your dream kitchen looks nice but your own kitchen also sounds great! The kitchen always speaks love to me. I have really enjoyed today's meme! xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looking at your picture reminds me of my first home. We copper items too and it made things special in our newly remodeled kitchen. I loved that kitchen, and then we moved. I wish I still had that house but hubby wanted to live in the hills and now we are back in the city! I guess we cherish the memories of the past and make new ones for our family.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh mercy... how I'd love to chat with my grandmothers again.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The kitchen is truly the heart of the home. We have a Galley kitchen right in the center of our home, which I am not crazy about, but it has been nicely updated (by the old owner of this place) and we do have plenty of cupboard space. I love that "dream kitchen" picture. You current kitchen sounds bright, homey and functional. Glad your week is going well. I hear you about social media. I think I will soon be deactivating my FB account. I am just done with that platform.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment. Your comments mean a lot to me and I try to answer them as soon as I can.

Moving Day

Hey everyone, I launched my new blog home today. Nothing fancy...just a little more me, I hope. Come visit me! In My Shoes