February 1, 2022

Currently In My World...

The weather is pretty mild. The sun was out today (Tuesday) and we saw the mercury get up near 50! Tonight is only going down into the 20's and Wednesday and Thursday are both predicted to be in the low to mid 40's...quite mild for this time of year. Friday is only supposed to be in the low 20's, but here's hoping the latest big storm will have already moved through and the milder temps will save us from having to deal with a big mess.

Still reading Mummy Dearest by Joan Hess. I didn't have much time to read until today. I should finish it tomorrow.

We're watching Blacklist and Tim's started to rewatch Longmire. I'm chomping at the bit waiting for the new season of Sweet Magnolias to hit Netflix on Friday.

I'm thinking about what to make for Sunday. Another lady and I were sort of volunteered to provide the snacks for the finger food fellowship following the morning service. Some people get really carried away, but we've been warned not to do that. We are thinking a fruit tray, crackers and cheese, and cookies.

Also, what to do with my hair. I'm finally going to the salon on Thursday. Inches are coming off, but I don't know what's going to happen with the color yet. I may go for a lighter color. I may just go for some highlights to blend the gray. Or I just may let it go natural. I'm waiting to see what it looks like after all the old stuff is cut off.

We are celebrating nothing. Other than Valentine's Day, we don't have anything to "celebrate" this month.

I couldn't be more thankful for the bowling alley I take several of my clients to. They are very accommodating of those with special needs and a lot of folks who work with these sweet souls bring them there. It has been a life saver during the cold winter months when there is so little we can do. Most companions/aides choose not to bowl with their clients, but it's good exercise for me, too, so I opt to bowl with all but one of them...and that's only because that one is too impatient to wait for me to have a turn. lol

In the kitchen you'll still find cold weather comfort foods...soups, stuffed chicken breasts, steak, and Sunday Tim had the grands over for breakfast and whipped up bacon, pancakes, and eggs!

That's all that's going on at the moment. I hope all of you are ready for and stay safe and warm during this next round of winter weather!

8 comments:

  1. We are supposed to get hit with that winter storm; a foot they are saying from tonight until Friday. I hope you have a beautiful day, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's supposed to warm up to the 70s by the end of this week. I'll leave now ... *giggle*
    I enjoyed your thankful list.
    Y'all stay warm.
    Blessings. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh - I love the bowling ally is a good place to go - I bet it is a good fun place for all during the cold days.
    WHYYY do some people go over the top for snacks at gatherings - that's what makes me not want ot do it - I cant play the "I'm the best" at these sorts of things. if I cant pick it up at the grocery on my way, I'm not doing it - HAHA

    ReplyDelete
  4. Steel Magnolia's, hmmm? I've never seen it before, but hope it's something I don't need to be fully acquainted with the back story before tuning in.
    I can't wait to see what you decide to do with your hair!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will have to look for Sweet Magnolias. I need another show to watch. Stacy, I enjoyed your post and sure hope warmer weather sticks around for you. Keep us posted on the decision you make with your hair!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nothing better than comfort food! I will be going on the clean out diet in the next few days for the dreaded colonoscopy. You might now be old enough to have had one yet. Have fun bowling!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bowling sounds like fun! ANd I am wondering what you decided to do with your hair? I went natural for now. Hard to get used to without the blond color I was putting in. But they say it will be better for my hair. Who knows! Are you getting the ice? We are up here! Stay safe, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for your comment about my husband!!
    Will get back to my blog when I can and hopefully
    that won't be too long.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment. Your comments mean a lot to me and I try to answer them as soon as I can.

Moving Day

Hey everyone, I launched my new blog home today. Nothing fancy...just a little more me, I hope. Come visit me! In My Shoes