February 3, 2022

Thankful Thursday

Sorry to be so late getting around to posting today. I didn't work today, but Megan and Leah were here this morning and I finally got my hair done this afternoon (it's only been since MAY!!!). Still...better late than never, right? So I'm linking up with Rebecca Jo @ Knit By God's Hand on this cold, rainy day. 

This week I am thankful for:

* the "sisters" in my life...the real one, the ones I've gained through marriage, the ones I've gained through friendship, and the ones I've gained through Christ.

* the "brothers", too.

* being able to stay at home during ugly weather.

* my new hairdo (not the greatest photo, but I was trying to show the front and the back). No brown undertones this time...just 37 foils to blend the color still on the ends and the gray on the top.


* our daughter is close to us (in distance and in hearts) and wants us to go on vacation with her family in September.

* the free kindle books Amazon gives Prime members every month.

* fuzzy socks (I don't think I've mentioned them yet this winter)

* cinnamon tea with French vanilla stevia and French vanilla creamer.

* discovering new shows to watch with my hubby

* my hubby is a wonderful pappy to the grands and they adore him.

* new brakes on my car and new tires on the truck.

* all of you

* and at least a million other things that make up my days and life. God is good!


Stay safe and warm through the storm if you're in its path and stay thankful!

11 comments:

  1. Hey, I like the new "do". Very classy. I hope it's easy to care for. Mine is similar but I have to have bangs for my head will explode. *giggle*
    I, too, am thankful for all my sisters & brothers in Christ. I have millions of y'all and love every single one of ya. It will be such a joyous day to be with everyone rejoicing at the feet of Jesus forever.
    Blessings. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your hair both color and cut. I’m working on getting the layers out of my hair and more of a blunt cut. I didn’t know prime members get free books for kindle each month. Gotta find out about this. Take care my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hair looks great. There is always so much to be grateful for! Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a delightful post. Your hair is very lovely and a classic style! How sweet that the daughter and family want to take you with them on their vacation! I hope it will be a fun and happy place for all of you! I enjoyed your list of blessings. One reason I haven't done much reading this year is because hubby and I have been watching series of shows together on TV and that has been quite enjoyable for a change. Usually I would be reading because he would be watching nothing but sports or other things I don't enjoy, but we have found shows that we've both loved and that has been fun. Hence, there goes my reading time...but I prefer the togetherness. God is good. Have a blessed and safe and warm/cozy week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Stacy, I like your new haircut. I sure need one. Not sure if I want to do layers or let it grow out. That is nice that your daughter wants to vacation with you. We try to do a family vacation once a year. I will have to check out the free books on Amazon. Enjoy the rest of your week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your hair, Stacy! The color is great and you got a really nice cut. Beautiful! I am always envious of straight hair. So much to be thankful for! I count my blessings many times during a day and writing them out, as you do here, is validation of sorts, isn't it. Love & hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your new hair. I have to get mine taken care of soon. It's been since September for mine. There are so many things in our lives to be thankful for.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Squealing with delight over your new hairdo. I am thankful for you, smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love a family vacation.
    I think its so cool Amazon gives free books every month!
    Your hair looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love how smooth and perfect your hair looks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fresh, beautiful 'do!! I just got scalped this week. So sad. I was really liking my hair and just wanted a bit of a trim. Bam...3" or more chopped off.

    French vanilla Stevia?? What?? Need to investigate that. Cinnamon tea sounds delish, too. I have been drinking a maple bourbon coffee and it smells as good as it tastes.

    Glad for your sisters and brothers and 'sisters' and 'brothers'. I have a really great sister and brother in my life. And a terrific hubby.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment. Your comments mean a lot to me and I try to answer them as soon as I can.

Moving Day

Hey everyone, I launched my new blog home today. Nothing fancy...just a little more me, I hope. Come visit me! In My Shoes