February 12, 2022

Sunday Stealing: From the New York Times

Thanks goes to Bev for finding the questions and keeping Sunday Stealing going week after week.

Stolen from the New York Times

1. Given the choice of anyone in the world, whom would you want as a dinner guest?  Wow, given the state of the world these days and the fact that I'm not really a fan-girl type, that's a toughie. I think maybe I'd choose Lysa TerKeurst. She is a Christian teacher and author who has written painfully candid books about the betrayal in her life and the process of finding the path to forgiving those who hurt her.


2. Would you like to be famous? In what way?  I would not like to be famous, because as an introvert all that attention would be my worst nightmare. However, if I found fame thrust upon me, I'd hope it was for doing something that helped others or made the world a better place. 

3. Before making a telephone call, do you ever rehearse what you are going to say? Why?  I'm sure I probably have in the past, but I can't actually think of a specific instance. I'd guess I rehearsed because I was nervous and the call was important so I wanted to be sure I expressed myself correctly.

4. What would constitute a “perfect” day for you?  A day to myself to read, write or whatever, dinner with family or friends, and great conversation. 

5. When did you last sing to yourself? To someone else? 
I sing to myself just about every day. I do not sing to anyone else. I am terrible! Okay, I'll sing to babies or my pets, but that's absolutely, positively all.

6. If you were able to live to the age of 90 and retain either the mind or body of a 30-year-old for the last 60 years of your life, which would you want?  As long as the aging mind isn't lost to dementia, I'll take the young, pain-free body, thank you.

7. Do you have a secret hunch about how you will die?
  No and I really don't care to know.

8. Name three things you and your partner appear to have in common.  Our core values, our taste in television shows, the kind of foods we like.

9. For what in your life do you feel most grateful? 
Knowing Jesus Christ and having the peace that comes with it...I don't know how folks manage without him because this world has to be pretty depressing without the hope of heaven waiting at the end.

10. If you could change anything about the way you were raised, what would it be?  I would choose to have known my biological father all along, not because I think life with him would have been better, but I would have liked to know my half-siblings while we were growing up.

11. Describe your life in one paragraph.  I am a wife, a mother, a grandmother, a daughter, a sister, an aunt, a friend, and a follower of Jesus Christ. I work as a companion to adults with developmental disabilities. It is challenging and rewarding and I love it. I try to love all; forgive all
; serve where, when, and how I am able; and do all I can to make life better for those around me. 

12. If you could wake up tomorrow having gained any one quality or ability, what would it be?  I would dearly love to be a good singer. Singing ability is such a wonderful gift. I'd love to be able to express myself that way and touch others.

13. If a crystal ball could tell you the truth about yourself, your life, the future or anything else, what would you want to know?
  Nothing. As Garth Brooks sang, "I'm glad I didn't know the way it all would end, the way it all would go. Our lives are better left to chance. I could have missed the pain, but I'd have had to miss the dance."

14. Is there something that you’ve dreamed of doing for a long time? Why haven’t you done it?  Writing a book. I didn't keep practicing the craft and the skills just aren't there these days.

15. What is the greatest accomplishment of your life?  My family and maybe the fact that I'm still here and kicking and hopefully wiser and not just older.

9 comments:

  1. I'd love to have a 'perfect day' just like yours. (With wine, please.) These are all so great, I can't choose a favorite. You make me want to be a better person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your answer to #4. If I am telling the truth, that is my perfect day too. I like to have time to myself, and I never have it. Loved your answers! Have a nice day! ♥

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. #12--I come from a musical family and am pressured to perform often. It's a blessing and a curse to be able to sing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice post. We have a lot of common.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, that Garth Brooks song ALWAYS gets me. That one and Unanswered Prayers, too. Can't believe those songs are 30 years old already. Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting questions and answers. I love your "perfect day." That sounds so great! I completely agree with your answers on #9, #10 and #11. I love Garth Brooks too. Unanswered Prayers in my favorite. Hope you have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Stacy, I enjoyed reading your answers tonight. I meant to do the Sun Stealing,but didn't have time. I watched my parents die from Alzheimer's and liver disease. I hate the way they both died. I sometimes wonder about death, but it is in God's hands. I find peace knowing I will be going to heaven and then I can see them again! When you go see Lysa, I will go with you! I was going to go to her conference and Covid hit. Our money was refunded. Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. #12 - I would like to be a singer too - I croak like a frog with a sore throat at the moment.

    #14 - Me too - if only I could write ...

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment. Your comments mean a lot to me and I try to answer them as soon as I can.

Moving Day

Hey everyone, I launched my new blog home today. Nothing fancy...just a little more me, I hope. Come visit me! In My Shoes